[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm set on getting a fast premium mid size RWD V8 sedan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: E550&M56.png (2 MB, 796x944) Image search: [Google]
E550&M56.png
2 MB, 796x944
I'm set on getting a fast premium mid size RWD V8 sedan.

I've had it narrowed down to either a 2013 Infiniti M56 or 2013 Mercedes E550. I initially had a BMW 550i was an early choice but I don't want the sheer stress associated with owning an aging V8 BMW, so more or less tossed the idea.

What does /o/ suggest?
>>
>>14042176
>BMW 550
>V8

You probably just mistyped 40, right?

>the sheer stress associated with owning an aging V8 BMW
Of which, when previously taken care of, there is none.
Far less than the modern Merc one's. Lexus should be solid.
>>
File: BMW-5er.jpg (211 KB, 815x543) Image search: [Google]
BMW-5er.jpg
211 KB, 815x543
>>14042187
>You probably just mistyped 40, right?
No. A V8 5 series is a 550, and I can guarantee you a BMW twin turbo V8 is far more problematic than a Mercedes V8.
>>
>>14042210
You said aged. That's not aged. Fuck, it'll still have a goddamn warranty.
>>
>>14042240
I said aging. BMWs only have a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty in the US, or an additional 2 years / 60,000 if you buy pre-owned, and I'll very certainly go past the warranty void mileage marks while I own the car. If I bought a MY 2013 (likely built in 2012) I'd have only about a year more left on warranty, and two more IF I don't go over the mileage point, which I probably will.

I've worked on F10s and nothing about them is simple to maintain. I plan to keep this for at least 6 years and don't want the headache of owning anything with an N63 in it. They have like 5 major recalls out on it. That's not even including minor recall issues. BMW is literally offering to special cash programs for people to trade in N63 equipped models for I6 alternatives because they're losing so much income doing warranty work on them.
>>
>>14042176
The M56 is definitely spacious than the other two you have mentioned.
>>
File: Nissan_VK_plant.jpg (361 KB, 1471x978) Image search: [Google]
Nissan_VK_plant.jpg
361 KB, 1471x978
>>14043464
Definitely leaning towards the M56 over the E550. I definitely like it but my family and I have had horrid experiences with recent Nissan products. Had a 99 Altima blow a head gasket at 80k miles which somehow manged to make a cylinder head separate and kill the engine. Later had a 09 Altima which in addition to CVT issues also formed small cracks in the block. I'm pretty sure we've just been unlucky with Nissan products and he M56 is probably built much better than an American assembled shitbox, but it still makes me worry. Though as far as I know the VK56 doesn't have many document problems. It being non turbo is also a plus.
>>
One of these two.

Unless you are getting the 2017 E-Class.
>>
>>14048048
>>
>>14046419
Sounds like you dont take care of your shit
Get the merc and spare the kneesan
>>
>>14048269
I take care of my cars better than most. Both were fully maintained correctly and still under warranty. Me nor an independent mechanic on the first couldn't figure out why the 99 had any problems. On the 09 the dealer theorized bubbles in the block and the CVT is already documented as being failure prone. Never had any issues with Mercedes, Cadillac nor Toyota problems. Only have ever had issues with Dodge and Nissan. 90s to mid 00s Nissans were known for not being especially dependable.

>>14048053
I'd love a CTS but it's not available with a V8 within my desired budget mark of $40k. Same deal with the GS.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.