[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gm killed off Pontiac and olds to save this Pres F if u crie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (690 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
690 KB, 2048x2048
>gm killed off Pontiac and olds to save this
Pres F if u crie errytiem
>>
File: avenir front.jpg (81 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
avenir front.jpg
81 KB, 876x493
JUST
>>
What Buicks are even made in America any more? It seems like most of them are made by Opel or Daewoo.
>>
Buicks are apparently really popular in China. So one more terrible thing in the world is thanks to the Chinese, the worst people on the planet.
>>
Too bad you can't get the 2.8 TTV6 in the Regal/Insignia over there.
>>
>Olds stopped making anything good after the 80s
>killed in 2004 because GM had enough shitbox marques

I imagine Pontiac was the hardest choice for GM to make, but given they made the decision at a time when gas prices were really high and people were more interested in crossovers and hybrids, Buick likely sounded like the better option to keep.

They didn't keep Buick because of the Chinese. They sell Holdens badged as Buicks over in China, I imagine it wouldn't have been hard for them to do that if they killed Buick everywhere else. They kept Buick because it gives them a dedicated brand for Opels and for luxury counterparts to the Impala and Equinox.

Granted, GM has tried making up for Pontiac's loss by giving us the SS and focusing on expanding their performance lineup, but I have a feeling they might have to revive a certain lost brand.
>>
I don't care about pontiac, olds, or Buick. I'm mad the s10 was killed off.
>>
>>14040058
I wish they still sold small trucks in the US. The old Tacoma, Ranger, Frontier, S10, Dakota and Mighty Max are GOAT.

Don't like that they've replaced them with midsize trucks, but at least theres plenty on the used market.
>>
File: sadness blanket.jpg (73 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
sadness blanket.jpg
73 KB, 495x636
>>14039425
FFFFF
F
FFFFF
F
F
>>
>>14039425
FFFFFFF
FF
FFFFFFF
FF
FF
>>
THATS NOT A BUICK
>>
>>14040270
I'M IN THE BUICK
>>
>>14039425

They also killed Saturn and Hummer.
>>
>>14040685
Saturn was a loss, but hummer never should have existed in the first place. Truly nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 2001-hummer-h1-interior.jpg (261 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
2001-hummer-h1-interior.jpg
261 KB, 1500x1000
>>14040685
>Saturn
Yeah RIP.

>Hummer
Who even gives a shit? They were a tribute to the pre-9/11 excess of America. I mean yeah they were pretty fucking cool, but they served no purpose other than to exist as a status symbol for white people using borrowed money; and then black people using borrowed money once the white guy got it repossessed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.