[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car insurance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 300x378
/liveoutofcar/ anon here. Found one I might bite on, but why the hell is with insurance?

It's 1,200 a year to insure a $700 car. Why does the government mandate car insurance while allowing gouging on prices like that? 3, nearly four years of driving without a single infraction on my record. Most government mandated stuff at least has a cheap/free-but-crappy provided version, though I don't know about healthcare.
>>
*a year
Per six months, sorry. Ludicrous
>>
What does /o/pay ?
>>
wow anon why is insurance so expensive for you?

I pay less than $800 a year and drive a car that's only 4 years old
>>
>>14039595
19 years old, male, shit credit from stolen identity.
>>
Liiive
>>
>>14039589
170$/year
>>
>>14042340
How?
>>
>>14042365
Because shitbox
>>
>>14042379
But the car I'm trying to get insured is only $700
>>
>>14042426
Are you sure this is only liability insurance?
If so, see if there's any discounts available to you, for either good grades or taking a defensive driving course or something.
Where are your parents? You can get it cheaper through their policy.
>>
>>14042560
Yeah I'm not particularly remaining in touch.
Also yeah I believe it was. I'll check again in a bit.
>>
Ok, yuropoor here, where insurance is compulsory. What happen if a poor fucker whitout insurance run over someone? No compensation?
>>
1200ish a year to insure a 2007 i4 Honda Accord here. What the heck is the car you're trying to insure, anyways?
>>
>>14042597
Usually they'd have to pay out of pocket. If they don't have enough, they're just made to pay everything they can I think. Victim is on the hook for the rest unless the government covers it.
>>
>>14042759
>Victim is on the hook for the rest unless the government covers it.

Government cover always or only in some cases? There are different States regulations for this?
>>
$1400/year for liability. 18 year old male with 1 minor car accident from car sliding in snow.
>>
>>14042597
I'm pretty sure the victim's insurance would cover it. That is, after all, why you have insurance.
>>
>>14042802
Most people in the US only have liability insurance, and insurance companies are only required in a few states to cover uninsured motorist damage under liability coverage.
So basically if you get hit by some nog without insurance you're fucked.
>>
>>14042597
Insurance is compulsory in the USA.
>>
>>14042828
Oh, I've been told otherwise by relatives that stay there.
>>
>>14042825
Don't most people have health insurance?
>>
>>14042748
'01 Aztek.
>>
>>14042867
As of recently yes but before the ACA was passed not having health insurance was extremely common among young people.
>>
>>14042866
It's compulsory, but some people still don't have it. Every time I'm in a courtroom for a speeding ticket or what have you there's at least 4 or 5 negroes who didn't have insurance.
It's hilarious, they always admit that they didn't have insurance and when asked how they want to go about remedying the violation they always say they're going to fight the ticket.
>>
>Hey, this car's only worth $700! Lets insure it dirt cheap!
>3 weeks later
>Fuck, this asshole's wheel fell off due to his negligence in maintenence! He sideswiped a Ferarri, rolled into a girl scout cookie stand, and his car finally stopped when it hit a preschool - then it caught fire and killed everyone inside! We're bankrupt!

A $700 car can cause millions worth of damage just as easily as a $70,000 car.

On top of that, factor in things like:
>OP's car is more likely than average to be involved in an accident
>OP's demographics are more likely than average to be involved in an accident
>OP's driving habits are correlated with a higher rate of accidents
>OP lives, works, and/or garages his car in an area where more accidents happen
>OP is a bigger faggot than the average OP
and that's where you get your $1,200/6mo quote from.

Since you're homeless anyway, just claim residence in a state that either doesn't require car insurance, or in one that has cheaper rates.
>>
>>14042905
>just claim residence in a state that either doesn't require car insurance

I thought that was a nationwide mandate?
>>
>>14042927
Virginia, New Hampshire, and Mississippi don't require it, but they have other hoops you need to jump through, and you are, of course, liable for any damages you cause, even if you don't have the means to pay - have fun seeing 75% of your paycheck vanish every week for the rest of your life when you dent somebody's fender!
>>
>>14042983
Yeah, no insurance means you could easily be sued and have your life fucked up.

I had cheap insurance, till I totaled a 20K car and now its $1280 per 6 months for a 2015 Jetta and 98 explore.

But I dont cry about it, thats for sure, its saved my ass 20K!
>>
>>14042983
This car will spend the next three years primarily in a parking space, so I'm fine with that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.