[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you buy your car performance modifications? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 620x400
Where do you buy your car performance modifications?
I've looked on eBay but all its 90% headlight mods and 10% cheap crap from China
Google doesn't help much either
>>
from the manufacturer.

if youre just looking for a site to look around on if your bored just go to jegs
>>
If you can't find the parts you're looking for...you probably shouldn't be doing performance mods. Just search exactly what you're looking to modify, read forums, ask your friends who are into cars...I mean do you want me to tie your shoes and wipe your ass too?
>>
>>14038891
>I've looked on eBay but all its 90% headlight mods and 10% cheap crap from China
100% overlap there, the lighting modifications are Chinese bullshit.
>>
>>14038922
>If you can't find the parts you're looking for...you probably shouldn't be doing performance mods
100% this.
>>
ipd
vivaperformance
>>
Compcams
ZZP
Summit Racing
>>
>>14038922
>if you can't find the parts yourself you should do them
So if I don't know how to drive I should never start right?
If I don't know how to wrench I should never start right?
If I don't know how to write code I should never start right?
If I don't know how to draw I should never start right?
What the fuck are you dumb, you have to start somewhere. I'm not asking how to install dual turbos with a supercharger I just want to learn where to get started and where to find decent parts that won't fuck up on me. No need to be rude.
>>
>>14038947
After looking on summit it seems like it's almost entirely batteries, starters,headers, exhaust, and distributors. Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>14039081
There are dedicated forums for every car, all of them with build threads. You should figure out what your end goal is first, and then look to those places to learn how other people got there.

Looking for parts for the sake of bolting them on is entirely the wrong way of going about it. You learn first, then find the parts.
>>
>>14039111
This. Find out the forum for your car, read other threads and find out the products they used.

Then, you have a name and you google for the cheapest place stocking it.
>>
You have to know what you want first.
There's not really any way to browse mods for specific cars.

You just have to know what you want to buy and then search for it.
>>
>>14039111
Not for the sake of bolting them on but to make the car better
But the think about the forum sounds great. Thanks.
>>
i search for parts that are used on builds that are for much higher HP builds than what i am doing and then look for the most expensive and best quality parts and spare no expense

HIDS= ddmtuning

sway bars= progress

brake pads= hawk racing

brake disks= power slot

head unit= JVC

anything else sound related= alpine

i really like turbonetics parts but they are hard to come by sometimes i am a definite fan of royal purple fluids for tranny and engine

muscle car exhaust = flowmaster

anything else= whatever is vband stainless steel and has an HFC built in
>>
>>14038891
Depends on the vehicle honestly. For me, engine performance mods are Bouchilon Performance and 440source. Suspension is PST, rear end is Strange. Gears are Auburn Gear and Eaton.

For general performance parts, see Summit Racing or Jegs. For Fuel, Holley, Megasquirt, Edelbrock, etc. The list goes on.
>>
>>14039159
eaton makes gears too?
>>
>>14039081
I wasn't being rude...I told you exactly what to do, go on forums, talk to people and search for the specific part you're looking for. Your question is ridiculously stupid. If you cannot find results with your search method, change it. I can't teach you common sense. If I offended you I suggest growing up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.