[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GX 460 vs 4runner Limited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
/o/ I have $55k to spend on my next truck, and ive narrowed it down to these two cousins. I'm leaning towards the 4runner because I actually prefer its looks and the fact that it doesnt carry any pretenses (I could care less about the Lexus "status symbol"), but I absolutely love the Land Cruiser Prado and the Lexus is the only variant I can get here stateside. I'm also weary of the 20" rims on the 4runner capability wise, although I love the look. Truck is going to be used 90% in the city and 10% on the back-roads offroading and adventuring. Which do I choose?
>>
>>14038198
You realize the 4Runner is also a Prado, right? Buy a Trail Premium or get a GX460 and put 18s on it.
>>
>>14038198

>Lexus
>truck

I don't think so tim
>>
>>14038258
>Body on frame
>it's a fucking truck
>>
>>14038239
eh they use different engines and undercarriages but i get your point
>>
>>14038198
a Prius and a dirt bike based on your use scenario.
>>
>>14038272
No, it's not.
>>14038285
>eh they use different engines and undercarriages
No, they don't.
>>
>>14038308
4 liter V6 vs 4.6 liter V8, what do you mean?

and yes it is very much body on frame, it is essentially a Land Cruiser Prado with a Lexus badge and some toys

u trolling nigga?
>>
>>14038328
>4 liter V6 vs 4.6 liter V8
Oh you mean between the 4Runner and the GX460. The 4Runner and Prado are closer, then, since the 2UR or whatever it is isn't available in the Prado but the 1GR is. Other than that, the 4Runner and GX are both Prados.
>and yes it is very much body on frame
Yes, obviously I know. That doesn't make it a truck.
>>
>>14038287
eh i live where its cold and snowy so 4wd and clearance matter to me. Plus i hate priuses
>>
>>14038411
You don't need 4WD for snow. If you aren't going off road, don't bother with these vehicles.
>>
File: Clay_vs_Polk_campaign.jpg (284 KB, 925x1430) Image search: [Google]
Clay_vs_Polk_campaign.jpg
284 KB, 925x1430
>>14038427
But I am going offroad, just only when I get time off work (which is infrequent I must admit). I also prefer driving an SUV and have already chosen these two as my main options so I'm really just looking for input on which of these two ya'll would purchase if it was your money.
>>
>>14038198
My neighbor owns a 2015 4runner Limited and GOD I hate that fucking huge chrome plating on the front-end!
>>
>>14038566
haha i kind of like it, i think it makes the front end almost look tamer or more noble. I dont really care for the "angry face" of the other 4runners. To each his own
>>
>>14038506
Then get a 4Runner Trail Premium.
>>
get a denali so when it something goes awry you can use the rental offroad without damaging your main ride
you'll thank me later
>>
>>14038701
>buying from bailout scum
>ever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.