[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have a car from the sticky? If so post it and how you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Do you have a car from the sticky?
If so post it and how you like it?
Would you recommend it to others?
Pic related
I love it so far it's great. Would definitely recommend it.
>>
File: _20151003_231803.jpg (23 KB, 302x276) Image search: [Google]
_20151003_231803.jpg
23 KB, 302x276
>>14036912
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 428x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 428x359
>>14036918
It's not a Camaro. It's a firebird.
>>
>>14036924
Cuz there's a difference
>>
File: image.jpg (502 KB, 1496x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
502 KB, 1496x1920
>>14036931
Yeah for one it's a firebird not a Camaro. Second it's a Pontiac not a Chevy.
>>
>>14036937
I hope you aren't serious
>>
>Miata
I mean, it's fun, but after dailying it for 2 years I cannot do it anymore. It's fun, but it kicks my ass on long drives. Would only recommend as a weekend cruiser or track toy.

>Outback Swagon
Fucking perfect. It's like a small truck (ranger, S10) but not shit, gets great MPG, is comfy, etc. Basically this car could reasonably fill every need. One day it's a family car, the next day it's a light truck, the next day it's a weekend camping trip car, next day it's charioting you valiantly through the snow.

And hell, with an engine swap and better suspension, this thing could even be a canyon carver. And it's a fucking wagon. Subaru made a true jack of all trades and reasonably good at all vehicle with this. H6 is good but an STi swap would be better
>>
>>14037025
Serious question about the Outback:

Could you tow a small trailer on the highway? Safely?

I'm looking into buying my first vehicle. I need it to be utilitarian, either SUV or truck, because I'll be moving a few times over the next few years for my job and will need to pack up and go. I'm staying within Florida, so no major travelling. What do you think? It would also be a short commute daily driver as well. Thoughts? I truly appreciate it.
>>
File: image.gif (476 KB, 218x169) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
476 KB, 218x169
>>14036980
Are you?
>>
File: t8HKl88.jpg (758 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
t8HKl88.jpg
758 KB, 3264x2448
yes to all

and no at the same time
>>
>>14037081
I cringe every time I see a convertible now
I just had such a bad experience with one I had I hate them all now.
>>
>>14037050

1000-1500lbs is about the sweet spot for towing on these things, though on the higher end you may want to consider upgrading the cooling system and finding some auxiliary trans cooling solution.

A truck is useless outside of when you're using it for truck things.

A wagon is useful every day of the week. Within the first 7 days of owning mine, I had already hauled people around for thanksgiving, strapped a christmas tree to the top, carried tons of things in the back (laid the seats down flat) and camped for a night near a lake (slept in the back w/seats down, comfy as fuck). This is the ultimate all rounder.

You may consider a Forester too, but it's shorter lengthwise and makes up for that in vertical room. Really just depends on what you need. Drive a few, really get acquainted with the space. They're great cars.
>>
>>14037087
I know exactly how you feel by driving one, it doesn't look at good, nothing seals correctly so the passenger side leaks when it rains (only a little bit thank fuck). the thing doesn't even work, the top never wants to go down and when it does, it takes even more effort to get it back up so I don't use it.

On the bright side at least the top is black and not the ugly brown / tan like some mustangs got
>>
>>14037114
Have you ever had the top replaced?
>>
File: IMAG0558.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0558.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Ep3 here

Great car all around, the engine is a bit torqueier than other honda engines (im swapping for a k24 with a k20z head) honestly the stock engine is underpowered at just 160 hp. The rear sway needs to be changed to 19mm or higher otherwise you'll get a fair amount of understeer, with a 24mm I can oversteer the car without much input.

The interior is surprisingly nice, the shifter is really nice to use, Im using a weight shift knob that's half the size but x5 the weight of the original and I consider it an upgrade because the shifter became easier to use after. The transmission is short aggressive gears, to hit 100kph you'll shift to 3rd, a pain in the ass for drag racing but I don't drag race myself.

The seats are really nice for stock, however the alcantara is a pain in the dick to maintain, if it's been neglected by the previous owner you cannot save it. There's plenty of head room and space, the hatch trunk is a little on the smaller size but I can fit all my work tools in there no problem. I fit 2 wheels with tires in there before (17x8)

Almost all parts are interchangeable with the rsx and tsx. With bolt ons im faster than a scion frs around the track.
>>
5th gen lude. Don't have any pics as I'm on my laptop, but my experience so far has been amazing. Getting ok mpg, obviously not a true sports car but it's very fun to drive. Would definitely recommend. Only drawback is how small it is, I feel a bit cramped in it on long drives, and I'm only 5'10. Although Maybe that's because the only other cars I have driven were CRVs and an old v8 econoline.
>>
>>14037101
I truly appreciate your input. I'd only be pulling around 1000 if I were to guess. Just some furniture and things I wouldn't fit in the car itself. I'm a minimalist because I move so often already.

I've been doing my research on several other options as well. I just find a Subaru to be the best so far. I'm intrigued with the Outback and the Forester, have even dabbled with the idea of a Baja for shits and gigs. I'll be on the lookout, thanks again! Hope you and your Outback have a long lasting time together, I wish only the best.
>>
>>14037135
I should point out that a radius arm and a control arm on my lude are fucked due to my brothers sprites driving, currently saving to pay for the replacements and the shop labor. So I guess if it's an old car DONT DRIVE FAST ON DIRT ROADS, JEREMY.
>>
File: Muh.png (438 KB, 391x514) Image search: [Google]
Muh.png
438 KB, 391x514
>96
>Bought at 124xxx miles
>Cats are fucked
>Air suspension replaced with springs

The interior is okay for a 2000 dollar car. The vinyl trim around the driver door is coated with a green nicotine haze. Strange white material on rear seats, like baked on ice cream. Lots of dings around the body, shittily done touch up paint. Hood is losing paint on the edges. Vinyl roof has sun fade and one major nick that is slowly growing. Plus side of it all, windows have a really good South Carolina tint job which is of dubious legality in VA.

Despite this, I get 15.5 MPG and going WOT on the onramp feels good when it downshifts properly and doesn't search for three seconds. No tachometer, so I don't know how close my valves are to launching into the sky. Digital dash is cool at night but the CEL and Highbeam lights do not dim with the rest of the display and distract me. Cup holders are like 3/4" deep and I have to order large drinks or else shit goes flying.

Handles okay but even on the high steering setting it just feels too loose for me.
>>
File: Snapchat-4427888592262209857.jpg (941 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4427888592262209857.jpg
941 KB, 1440x2560
Yes and I love my fireturd.
>>
>>14037227

It's mold.
I was literally in the same position as you, and now my towncar is nice. I went and replaced all the coils and suspension with whatever I could do off of cop cars at pull-a-part.
I treated the "green haze" with mold treatment and it started dying.
Seal up everything buddy.
Seal up everything.

Get some RTV sealant and reseal the cowl and blower fan region. It leaks down into the car and they will build up water. It's fucking disgusting.
Mine maybe a 99, and a different bodystyle. But it's like literally the same car.
Cut the fucking cats off, with a god damned hacksaw and weld up straight pipes after the catalytic. Who gives a shit, if it's a big deal, niggerrig the 2nd o2 sensor with non-foulers.

The cars come alive without their muffler, otherwise it's all engine noise.

Sorry for the fucking wall of bullshit, but we're both stuck with our Fords. And the only way to permanently fix them is to coat them with gasoline and strike a match.
>>
File: Snapchat-8737026855063859821.jpg (1014 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8737026855063859821.jpg
1014 KB, 1440x2560
>>14037286
>>
>>14037286
>>14037325

Dude, do you live like on the side of the fucking world? Turn your god damned images.
>>
I just sold my NA miata. It was as good as everyone says - reliable, easy to work on, rewarding to drive at any speed. I only sold it because I needed something bigger.
>>
>>14037332
If i wasnt on my phone i would anon
>>
>>14037286
Fuck off equator faggot
>>
>>14037131
Go fuck yourself
My Honda makes 130hp
>>
>>14037339

I decided just to keep mine -_- I feel like if I ever catch the Miata bug again, I'll wind up having to pay way too much for a clean hardtop NA and then I'll have to go through all basic maintenance shit again.

As it's a secondary car, I just insure it for 4000 miles a year and drive on the weekends, lock it up for the winter, and I know exactly when/what needs to be done to it. I don't have to worry about the inevitable neglect/abuse that comes with buying another used one, and that's worth more than money to me.
>>
>>14037321
You're fucking kidding me
I will have to look into it, shit doesn't bother me unless I'm cleaning and then I just go apeshit. Does yours have felt around the windows too? My dad wiped the interior of the glass with armor all wipes and now the felt is dry and speckled white.
Oh, have you installed and Amplifier in yours? I really want to in mine but the engine bay is so cluttered on the passenger side I'm afraid to drill and I can't lift it up.

This is the first ford in my family in at least 35 to 40 years. I'm beginning to see why we were and still are GM keks for all these years. I just want to get this thing through college and then either do a major revamp or let my dad have it.
>>
>>14037450
Not him but my 94 Towncar is still chugging along at 212000 miles without any engine seals. It'll probably last so long as you change oil regularly and clean the cats.

Word of warning, the electricals will shut themselves and you will eventually have windows that won't roll up and door lock actuators going off nonstop.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.