[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you goys think about the new sti? Looking for a newish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-Subaru-WRX-STI-rear-view.jpg (96 KB, 640x345) Image search: [Google]
2016-Subaru-WRX-STI-rear-view.jpg
96 KB, 640x345
What do you goys think about the new sti? Looking for a newish car and my budget is ~30k
>>
Drive it first to see if you like it.
>>
>>14036344
there is no reason to buy any car made after the year 2000
you'd be happier buying a really good old car for $30k
>>
its like it keeps getting heavier
imo its a good car
dont expect great mpg for a 4 banger
>>
Watch the fuck out homie. My buddy traded in his beautiful 88 prelude for a late year WRX STi
Blew the turbo within a week.
Blew the second replacement one within a day.

Watch yourself man, I'm not saying you're as dumb as him. But be nice on it.
>>
>>14036344
buy a stock GC and modify it, weak ass power from the factory, IMO.
>>
Not as good as the previous generation hatch, however there has been alot of talk about the sti getting a new engine based on the FA 2.0 in the base wrx, I'd wait for that if you can.

The STI engine is still the same unit in the us that was introduced in 2004. It's a bit archaic. If I were in your shoes op I'd get the new WRX if I was dead set on getting the new generation car.
>>
>>14036384
this, wait for the FA or FB
>>
>>14036369
what do they dyno at?
>>
>>14036398

Your mom's house.
>>
>>14036418
i said what not where.
i do remember they had a shit factory tune
>>
>>14036360
Your friend is retarded.
Either their was suspended metal in the oil or the banjo bolt was clogged and the turbo oil starved.

More like read up on a vehicle before buying it.
>>
>>14036398
217hp. They're 2800lbs though
>>
File: graph.jpg (61 KB, 640x660) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
61 KB, 640x660
>>14036398
>>
>>14036360
Pretty sure the STI's and any other car have a break in period.
>>
I could give you an STI for free
>>
>>14036473
That's not a GC you little nigger
>>
>>14036479

It had 25,000 on it.
>>
>>14036486
gc is shit too stock

>no turbo
>>
FOCUS RS
O
C
U
S

R
S
>>
>>14036344
It's shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpGXggdi7bk&t=5
>>
i looked at those too, just a few months ago. same budget as you. they drove good. cool digital dash thingy.

but i bought this m3 instead for a few grand cheaper. if you absolutely must have a brand new car, might i suggest taking half of your budget, and simply burning it instead? you could then take the left over money and buy a used car. by next year you'd still come out ahead versus purchasing a brand new econobox.
>>
>>14036875
>Buy a $15,000 Used car, burn $15,000
Buying a slightly used is better, but not sure how you would end up with more money.
>>
>>14036875
That's not your car.
>>
>>14036992
we arent all high-schoolers here on /o/, as hard as that may be to believe.
>>
dumping an ej20k in my GC chassis. Weighs around 2600 pounds and will put 270 to the wheels. Only fast car I ever drove was a c7 rental.
>>
>>14037010
I've had that picture saved on my computer for years. It's literally the first car on google when you search bmw e92 m3.

I probably make more annually than you btw.
>>
>>14037020
oh you mean that SPECIFIC one? duh.
and doubtful, i have a trust fund and my family could buy yours. i dont work.
>>
>>14037044
lel. zing.
>>
>>14037044
Your last comment made it sound like you earned your money. Why would it matter if you were in highschool or not
>>
>>14037044
You said you bought "this" m3. Not my fault you can't type.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.