[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking to put coilovers on my t5 in the future. what are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
looking to put coilovers on my t5 in the future. what are some suggestions?
>>
don't.
>>
>>14034121
y
>>
/o/?
>>
guise
>>
guise plz reply
>>
google it for fucks sake, we're all a bunch of retarded sociopaths and you should never ask for advice here
>>
The ones with the best reviews.
>>
>>14034121
This.
Unless you have the cash to get the geometry set up, and match the spring and damper rates you will only make the car perform worse.
And the ride quality will be shit.
>>
>>14034100

Go on car forums and look at peoples installs and reviews of different types of coils on your car and make a choice based off of these.

Don't ask /o/ about this type of stuff as the majority of the time the responses you get will be from people who have no knowledge on your car, or are kids that just will just throw around buzzwords to try and pretend they know what they are talking about >>14035353 is a good example of this.
>>
>>14035383
>Go on car forums and look at peoples installs and reviews of different types of coils on your car and make a choice based off of these.

Absolute garbage advice.
Forums are useless for advice, and suspension threads are the worst.
>>
>>14035471
>Absolute garbage advice.
>Forums are useless for advice, and suspension threads are the worst.

Complete bullshit, let me guess your forum of choice is stanceworks?
>>
Kw are the best for volvo. And cost a lot

$1000 ebay specials will leak and fall apart instantly if used as intended.
>>
>>14034100
Öhlins if there are any
>>
>>14035495
Speed talk actually.

Suspension is subjective, and people will defend their setup with trying anything else.
Also twats like you shit up forums.
>>
>>14035579
>Suspension is subjective
Uh...
>>
I just want to lower it a bit. sits too high. and what about if I just buy springs no struts
>>
>>14035579
suspension isn't subjective.

on a forum youre more likely to find people that have run x spring rates and dampers on x track with x corner weights. but to an extent yes you have to tune yourself but you can get a good basic idea with the spring rates, length, and dampers others have used.

that said I wouldn't put coilovers on a street car. waste of money. you can get better quality struts springs and dampers for the same cost as an entry level coil over.. and entry level coilovers are useless
>>
>>14036974
if all you care about is ride height than entry level coilovers will be fine.

just call up the manufacture and have them recommend a spring rate for the street.
>>
>>14037006
>suspension isn't subjective
How?
Everyone has different driving style.
>>
>>14037541
did you mean handling is subjective?
>>
>>14036974
Bilstein B6 or B8
B6 is a little lower
B8 is a lot lower
>>
>>14037566
How much does being autistic diminish your quality of life?
Do you become upset when people talk about flower beds or say they're running late.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.