[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>run mountain roads all day >tfw lost traction in the rear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8
File: wew.png (2 MB, 1361x585) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
2 MB, 1361x585
>run mountain roads all day
>tfw lost traction in the rear and re-corrected on a guard rail bounce
>whelp
>a second later realize breaks are toast before the switchback
>ahdamn.png
>use what little had left
>on the edge
>intiate oversteer to try and gain 4 wheel traction and slide to a stop
>almost . . almost
>skrrrrrrrvvrrrrbrbrbrbrbrbrbBANG
>tap rear quarter on turn guide post
>saved
>2 harley's scoot by (nothing new) while the suv behind them full stops and stares at me
>all cosmetic, drive home
>just another day on the Georgia mountains, would do again

Gonna go back tomorrow to see if the post moved and redeem myself. How is o's Saturday going?
>>
>>14031063
You're a moron.
>>
>>14031065
I had fun. I'll be a moron if I can have that fun again and no one get's hurt.
>>
>>14031071
you already are a moron

this is an experience that should rattle you and make you be more careful, not want to attempt again and 'redeem yourself'

especially since you did this stuff with other cars on the road around you. feel free to fuck up your life but leave everyone else out of it
>>
>>14031151
why the fuck are you even on /o/?
you're a piece of shit anon, you have an awful attitude towards driving and cars in general
>>
I'm glad you had fun OP

The other guy's an asshole
>>
>>14031161
you are allowed to have fun, but not at the expense of others, and crashing your car is not something intelligent people take lightly, enthusiast or not
>>
>>14031193
go away
>>>/b/
>>
File: short bus.gif (30 KB, 320x173) Image search: [Google]
short bus.gif
30 KB, 320x173
>>14031208
he is right though. you are obviously a shit driver who doesn't know his limits, and has no business driving in any way other than the safest way possible. maybe next time leave the car at home and take pic related to school.
>>
>>14031071
>>14031161
>>14031208
You're a fucking idiot.

>>14031151
You know what's good anon.
I have a feeling op watched too much initial D before taking his license test yesterday.
>>
roflmao all the 'safe and responsible' drivers come out of the woodwork

MUH CHILLUNS MUH PUBLIC ROAD nah fuck off. driving fast on public roads is a true test of driver ability and above all else mental agility

but OP is silly for now knowing whats going with his brakes and driving accordingly
>>
>>14031151
The motorcyclists are worse up in Suches. They crash there every day- into cars, rails, off the cliff can't find the guy for over an hour. I had a motorcycle cross double and pass me on the side in my own lane today. I would consider my driving cautious and conservative near a proper limit.

>>14031193
I didn't crash, just a bump and a dent.
>>14031231
I drove over a 100 miles today flat out. Today was definitely a good day.

>>14031241
Eh, could be worse. I know my limits.
>>
>touge with stock pads/rotors
You fucking idiot.
>>
>>14031283
wow you drove 100 whole miles and only had one crash? i take it back you are a super good driver
>>
>>14031288
>you drove 100 whole miles

Just today and every other day I have off. I never said I was good, but okay.
>>
>>14031283
>I know my limits
Clearly you don't kid.
>>
If you crashed into me I would be pissed. You got lucky and are a reason why we can't have nice things. Don't drive beyond your limit. And don't push the limits on a public road.
>>
>>14031288
>>14031241
>>14031231

shut the fuck up you no fun allowed faggots
>who doesn't know his limits
>muh limits
>limits
how the fuck do you find your limits then
you people would never be satisfied with anything, you're just upset someone else had the balls to actually have fun with his car instead of shitpost on /o/ about numbers
>>
>>14031286
They're upgraded
>>14031304
Everyone makes mistakes
>>
>>14031283
>I know my limits
>crashed into a guard rail twice in the same day
Yeah, whatever you say friendo.

Anyway, just make sure you're being a retard on left hand turns only. That way you won't risk going into the oncoming lane.
>>
>>14031307
>it takes balls to crash your car into a guardrail at 30mph
not really, bud
>>
>>14031307
Lol I can feel op's asspain
>100 miles
op has a 100:1 KD guys watch out.
>>
>>14031310

You're an idiot.
>>
>>14031310
Just becuase you know your limits doesn't mean you can't make mistakes lol
>>14031312
No one crashed though
>>14031314
I'm op
>>
>>14031312

>crash
lol are you a mom
>>14031314
this doesnt even make sense

>>14031308
im with you OP
>>
>>14031315
How am I an idiot? That's standard practice. If you push it on blind right hand corners you risk going into oncoming traffic.

That's typically why you see the left side of motorcycle tires scrubbed harder.

Go back to your chinese cartoons.
>>
>>14031327
>>14031328
You guys should exchange phone numbers
>>
>>14031332
>no one should be allowed to become a better driver
>its not good to see something as a challenge to overcome and not immediately getting spooked and quitting driving forever on your first bump
10/10 /o/ do any of you even own cars
>>
>>14031063
you ever been to Suches?
>>
im glad you live far away from me you absolute fuckwit

why does this board have so many cringy as fuck boyracers

real life is not ur anime
>>
>>14031328
"Look at all those people down there. They follow the rules, for what? They're letting fear lead them. Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.
>>14031332
Guard rail bumps were on lefts. Thanks for the info, but I'm cautious enough as is.

>>14031343
Eh, someones gotta try to be rational in this crazy world you know.

>>14031352
Every week
>>
>>14031343
I can't even argue with this stupidity.
>>
>>14031343
>>14031357
Testing your limits is what tracks are meant for.
I'm not saying you won't "become a better driver" by driving touges, but you will learn 10x faster on a racetrack where you can really push yourself to the max.
Driving on touges is sketchy because your not only putting yourself at risk but other too.

That said, i still drive on touges but i do it safely because i drive way under my limits.
>>
>>14031382

Fuck off wallstreet
you guys are so gross
>>
>>14031354
I wouldn't call it cringy, but practice is practice. I love that road and wouldn't trade it for anything.
>>14031382
I'm with different organizations at Road Atlanta. I pushed a bit too hard today. Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>14031382
Except for most people in the south the closest road track is 4+ hours away, and they're not open that often to public trackdays unless you're already in with a group like BMWCCA.

And even then $200 is almost unreasonable for just 3 or 4 hours of lap time.
>>
>lives near one of the best tracks in the US
>continues to crash into guardrails with his shitbox on all seasons and pretend he's learning something

never change /o/
>>
>>14031401
>Except for most people in the south the closest road track is 4+ hours away,
Too goddamn bad.
>>
go to the track. you have zero skills, you cant build at the limit driving skills on 'da tooj'
>>
>>14031401
the nearest track to me is 299 miles, and i did 18 trackdays this year. stop making excuses, you're at the very bottom of the ladder and you're only hurting yourself by refusing to get gud.
>>
>>14031401
Oh, that sucks. I'v never been to the south so i wouldn't know.
>>
>>14031402
see>>14031396
>>14031410
I would disagree and say every day you drive is a learning experience. Skills can come from knowledge, experience, or both.
>>
>>14031418
>you're only hurting yourself
Himself is the last thing that is important.
>>
>>14031418

>i have infinite money
>you're a fucking idiot for not having as much money and time as me

10/10 kill urself
>>
>>14031445
You're a moron, kill yourself. Drive off of a cliff.
>>
>>14031433
Again, most notoriously fast driving loop in my state. Everyone knows they are at risk going though there. The hundred of bikes and cars flying past them should be obvious.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x257
>>14031396
Pretend for a moment that someone like you ran over your mom today doing things like that.

Would you forgive him after he explained to you that he "just pushed it to hard today bro"?

Thought not. Drive safe AROUND OTHERS you dumb immature bitch.
>>
>>14031472
No i'd be pissed at my mom for driving slow and not keeping up.

And if she was walking, I'd be pissed at myself for not taking her for a ride.
>>
>>14031460
Arrrgh are you fucking kidding me

Yes im mad. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>14031472
Hypothetically I would be extremely upset, but that's the price of freedom.

Freedom isn't free and you can't always be safe. People make choices and there are consequences. That's just how it is.
>>
>>14031486
Good job le master trole, you got me.
>>
>>14031472
what the fuck is my mom doing walking down a mountain road
>>
>>14031488
>Grow the fuck up.

FORRRRREVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
All these people should fuck off to reddit or tumblr
Waah Waha its dangerous driving fast on public roads! Yeah that's what cars were made for
Don't act all holier than thou because you pussy faggots are pussy faggots

> huur duur crash off cliff and die
Maybe I will maybe I on either way I'll be actually driving instead if cryijg about stupid shit on an anime image board, bus riding faggots
>>
>>14031308
>they're upgraded
Are you fucking riding rhe brakes constantly then, or are you just using shit pads and/or rotors?
>>
>>14031558
One bad apple can ruin it for the rest of us. You wouldn't want more cops and lower speed limits would you?
>>
>>14031558
>getting this assmad
>>
>>14031600
>more cops and lower speed limits would you
>suches

pick one and only one
>>
>>14031606
> he says while people are making death threats at op for driving his car like it should he driven
>>
>>14031496
>but that's the price of freedom.
You don't have the freedom to treat a public road like a race track.
>>
ITT: things that never happened
>>
Hats off to OP.

That's one primo bait.

Troll of the year material.
>>
>>14031774
>You don't have the freedom to treat a public road like a race track.

Then why have I been able to do it every week for the past 5 years?
>>
>>14032333
Because you didn't get caught.
>>
>>14031925
try harder
>>14032335
free·dom
noun
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

Cops actively patrol up and down suches. They know speed is a given and accidents are common.

I have the power to act and there is no hindrance or restraint to my actions.

Therefore I have freedom
>>
>>14031401

Racing is a rich man's sport.

Too poor to race? Get cheaper hobbies.
>>
>people who think they know their limits shit talking people who actually pushed to their limits and fucked up
>>14031151
>this is an experience that should rattle you and make you be more careful,
this is a post someone who drives a-b in their toaster shitbox would make.

It's an experience that should drive you to fix it faster, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>14031283
I think we have different definitions of "flat out" if you did it for 100 miles and didn't die or get arrested.
>>
>>14031063
What do you drive anon?
>>
File: op.png (188 KB, 319x317) Image search: [Google]
op.png
188 KB, 319x317
>>14037018
I didn't come off the road or spin is how I see it
>>14037189
pic
>>
>>14032333
Because apparently unlike the "take to it to the track bro" faggots you got gud.

And smart enough to know where the cops are.
>>
>>14037670
I wish you had of driven off the mountain and died.
>>
>>14037687
>where the cops are
see >>14032365
>>
>>14031503
TOGETHER!
>>
>>14037687
>5 yrs on the same road
>hit guardrails
>got gud
tsk tsk
>>
>putts around at 25-50mph on a shitty little public road
>thinks he's learning something
>thinks he's fast
>thinks he's a good driver

this is the shit that cracks me up about boyracers
on a track there will rarely be a corner under 50mph and never less than 120mph straight.
it's not even close to being comparable. you cant learn shit on a public road.
you start a slowfag and 10 years later you'll still be a slowfag.

even a weekend of conefagging will teach you more than years worth of le epin toegay running
>>
>>14037784
>you cant learn shit on a public road.

Factually wrong on all accounts, but have fun at the track.
>>
>>14037784
>learning anything from conefagging after year one

Yeah, naw. The only thing I learned after year 2 of cone-fagging was unless I was trailering a car that was un-drivable on the street I wasn't going to win beyond small local events.

Also you sure do learn a great deal in those 5-10min a day of seat time.

Eat a dick you colossal faggot.
>>
>>14037922
If you ever get on a track you'll realize how foolish people that think you can hone driving skill on public roads are. You have 0 perspective on the matter so your thoughts on it are meaningless.
>>
>>14038358
All I said was your statement is factually wrong. People learn from experience- period. So you can't say you don't learn anything.
>>
>>14038372
You can learn from experience. Clearly OP didn't.
>>
>brakes are toast
W-what? Your brakes were bad?
Why were you driving it?
>>
>>14038372
There's too many variables on public roads, and no way to measure your progress. You also can't go anywhere near the limit of your car repeatedly, on the same turn, without crashing your car. This is why it's not possible to get valuable experience on the road, you can't know what you did wrong to a meaningful degree, and you can repeat it enough times for correct behavior to be a part of your muscle memory.
>>
>>14038402
Either his brakes were fading and he somehow didn't notice it until then, his brake fluid boiled off because it was "wet" since he hadn't changed it since the dawn of time, or he's a retard looking for an excuse that makes his error in judgement sound like an equipment failure.
>>
File: 1440555774809.gif (784 KB, 320x141) Image search: [Google]
1440555774809.gif
784 KB, 320x141
I've driven those roads up and down in North Georgia, and I have to say... How did you manage that OP?

Like they all have nice banks into them and warning markers for when the next hairpin is coming up. The speed limit wouldn't be 50 if they thought that normal drivers couldn't average that.

And as for the shameless damage control to the lashback you are receiving from the more mature br/o/'s here, I personally think you should have just slid off the mountain instead of hitting the gaurdrail, maybe it would have taught you some humility.
>>
>>14038395
You did bad, so obviously you can't do any good and will never know how to because you don't do it the way I say.

>This is you
>>
>>14038434
>warning markers for when the next hairpin is coming up
This is true. I was dazed from having bumped the rail and also my brakes went out. All I got was a small dent I pushed out earlier today.

>humility
I told a story and asked how was o's Saturday. Why you guys make everything a shitfest is your own problem. I'm content as is.
>>
>>14038442
>I crashed my car and took that as a sign that I wasn't driving hard enough so I crashed my car again
>But it's okay because I learned my lesson that I wasn't driving hard enough so next time I will drove harder

This is you.
>>
Next time you do that turn, use this as soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rPQO3Q_bg
>>
>>14038483
That made no sense

stay mad though. I'm sure op will continue to have loads more fun than you without being a cunt.
>>
>>14038513
I'll have more fun driving faster than him in the mountains because I won't have the friction of all the guardrails slowing me down.
>>
>>14038536
You'll still be a lonely bitter cunt
>>
>>14038481
Listen kid, your the one on /o/ telling everybody about your near death experiences in North Georgia. If you didn't want commentary then why did you post?

We're trying to get through your thick skull and convince you that you need to take it easy and stop doing this shit. I'm heading back up to those mountains next weekend while i'm off from college break and I personally don't want you crashing into me because you don't know what brake fade feels like and/or don't let up because of it.

We discipline because we love you. Please just stop.
>>
>>14038347
>he doesn't know autox has classes for street cars

You've never been conefagging have you? Also it's not about winning I don't even know why you brought that up lol. Stay slow dude.
>>
>>14038550
>near death

If the pole wasn't there I would have came to a complete stop. All I got was 2 inch dent I pushed out. Why is everyone exaggerating?

Of course I'm going to take it easier, but this really wasn't necessary.
>>
>>14038550
>We discipline you because we love you

Fuck off. You aren't "disciplining" him, you're whining about a story he told on an image board. And don't pretend you give a shit about OP, you just like feeling like you're better than him because you argue about laptimes all day instead of driving.
>>
>>14031063
I went out to pick up my new to me drums...
>>
>>14031063
>going back tomorrow

Do you really lack that much of a driving route that your first instinct is to "go back tomorrow" instead of letting the line cool off a bit?
You're not even an idiot, OP, just a shit-tier driver.
You'll get arrested for being a creature of habit or you'll die.
Either way, hope you have fun.
>>
>>14037784
>even a weekend of conefagging will teach you more than years worth of le epin toegay running
so a weekend, about 20 minutes total, of driving 15-30mph on a shitty parking lot will teach you more than years of driving at higher speeds on faar more complex courses? retarded kid

>>14038552
>he seriously spends all day hanging out only to be able to drive for 10 minutes around a parking lot in second gear, for FUN and not for competition
sick bro.
>>
>>14038546
At least I'm a lonely bitter cunt with an unwrecked car.
>>
The car always has to have lower limits than the driver. Otherwise the driver ends up driving fast.

If the driver is driving fast, he is doing a shitty job of everything.

If you have to put effort into your driving, you are over your limit. SLOW DOWN. If you can't drive with your tires balanced on the limit of adhesion while being as relaxed as if you are on a Sunday cruise, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>14041360
This.

Here's something you guys might want to listen to when you get a chance. I don't know about mandatory, but there's some good stuff in there.

http://shoutengine.com/SlipAngle/emilio-cervantes-of-949-racing-mandatory-listening-13656
>>
>>14031314
>fucking modders
>>
>>14041375

Posts like these make me glad competition is in my life.

Yup, don't ever push a limit, you'll be "gud"

Oh boy.

Op, it sounds like you do have a serious control issue though.

If there is effort to initiate the four wheel skid in the dry you are all over the place and entering too slow.
>>
>>14041398
>Yup, don't ever push a limit, you'll be "gud"
It's literally an interview with a 4-time champion of the longest endurance road race in the world.
>>
>>14041398
Pretty sure he's significantly more qualified to talk about handling a motor vehicle than your stupid ricer ass.
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1884x824) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1884x824
>blasting with friend on tight one lane touge
>go to let off brake and take left turn
>right before i start depressing brake pedal front left wheel locks up for a split second
>go straight when i should be turning
>right before i'm about to go off road and into trees at 40mph tire regains grip
nothin like a little near death experience to make driving exciting

>>14041360
this
>>
>tfw Orlando has no good or fun roads, except for this one where you can actually hook your wheel into the gutter for maximum dagumi
>>
>>14031063
Your the kind of idiot that gives driving a bad name and ends up hurting yourself or someone else.
>>
File: again2.png (828 KB, 586x886) Image search: [Google]
again2.png
828 KB, 586x886
>tfw in South Georgia so no Tooj
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.