[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys car noob here. Looking for a car that is around 20,000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-Volkswagen-GTI.jpg (513 KB, 1300x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-Volkswagen-GTI.jpg
513 KB, 1300x900
Hey guys car noob here. Looking for a car that is around 20,000 USD give or take a few thousand. Gets good gas mileage and is not boring to drive. I have to drive a lot for work and my Nissan Altima is a fairly boring car. Currently looking at a 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI. Seems to meet everything i'm looking for as far as being good on gas mileage and a peppy car. Appreciate all suggestions.
>>
>>14030470
>Fiesta ST
>>
>>14030500
any benefit of the Fiesta ST compared to the GTI?
>>
>>14030470

>Appreciate all suggestions

What about a smooth af luxo barge with not so great gas mileage

>Acura TL
>Lexus GS350/430/460
>Infiniti G35/37

Nothing like a smooth V6 or V8 to make you feel special

Have you considered the used luxury segment?
Lexus IS350 could be right up your alley.
>>
>>14030570
Depends what year you are looking for desu.

Ford offers 0% financing for 72 months on new vehicles, which is really attractive. A new Fiesta ST can be had for ~$18,000 with no options, where as fully optioned you can get it for ~$23,000 (otd). Super fun car to drive, but is a bit more sleeperish, less refined.

Not sure if you're looking at new or used GTIs, but if used the last generation (MK VI?) had quite a few issues. I've heard good things about the new ones though...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c0480c896fe3344c096c70ad72344d0f&t=93468

Anyways, I'm biased and drive a Fiesta ST and it's pretty much the most fun you can have in your price range for a new car.
>>
>>14030570
fiesta is a lot less practical, but it is probably funner cause rly small car with ~200 hp. I wouldn't know though. I drive a base 2010 Golf and I love the shit out of it. I sat in a fiesta once and it felt ultra cramped but i'm 6'3"
>>
File: compare.jpg (87 KB, 630x834) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
87 KB, 630x834
Pretty close, I'd say just test drive them all and decide what you want.
>>
>>14030627
I've never sat in a base Fiesta so not sure... I have the Recaro seats in mine and wouldn't get one without it. :X
>>
>>14030600
I have been looking at the MKVII base 2015 GTI model at my local Volkswagen Dealership the base model is listed around 21,500
>>
>>14030664
it was the ST that I sat in. I fit with the seat pushed all the way back and lowered completely. defeats the purpose of 4 doors or a backseat at all since nobody can fucking fit while im in it lol
>>
>>14030688
You also have to pay your title, taxes and dealership fees on top of that price. But like I said, nothing I can say can replace driving one. Just drive em before you buy one. The Focus ST might also be more to your interest and can be had for similar prices and financing.

>>14030704
That's true lol, it's definitely a tight fit for 4! I'm 6'2" and 220 and the recaro seats fit me nicely. It took a little getting used to the cockpit, but after a thousand miles I liked it quite a bit. Seats broke in nicely too.
>>
>>14030570
I've got a Fiesta ST.

It's a different segment to the Golf, so smaller and not really in competition with it.

Absolutely fantastic to drive and I would willingly recommend one. The ride is firm fairly firm though, and the center console is a mess.
>>
On a side note why is car insurance so fucking expensive. I'm 20 years old no accident, no tickets, and Geico quotes me 359/month wtf?
>>
>>14030882
20 year old dude, driving a car known to be fast... that's another point in the Fiesta's favor as it's underrated by insurance agencies.
>>
Acura TL

OR

Subaru BRZ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.