[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i was thinking about designing a car /o/ it'd be electric,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
i was thinking about designing a car /o/

it'd be electric, but get this. you know how batteries really make it pigfat? well my batteries aren't like that. instead it utilizes nanowire ultracapacitors, increasing its power desnity several times over. this shaves the weight to about 40% of conventional lithium batteries. so lets take a known EV like the tesla and look at its weight and how much of it is contributed to batteries.

You have the Tesla Model S, which weighs about 4,600 lbs, and how much does the battery pack weight? 1323 lb! that's more than the weight of the actual frame!

taking that down to 40% we'd get 529.2lbs. that would take the weight down to 4071lbs.

thoughts?
>>
>FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS
Still pigfat.
>>
>>14029444
>well my batteries aren't like that.
>my batteries
fuck off
>>
>>14029454
but they are. never been done befo.
>>
>>14029464
shut the fuck up
you haven't invented anything
you haven't discovered anything

congrats on reading some shitty science blog and thinking you know more than a wide range of multibillion dollar companies that employ thousands of engineers
>>
>>14029464
If you've genuinely made massively lighter batteries, you should stop shitposting on /o/ and go make hundreds of millions from the design.
>>
>>14029476
>all this assmad

Elon Musk go home you're drunk
>>
File: argument pyramid.jpg (92 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
argument pyramid.jpg
92 KB, 679x516
>>14029488
>>
>>14029488
He's right, though.
>>
File: 1438744146098.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1438744146098.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>14029476
where do people like you get off thinking every idea has to be from science blogs? for all you know i'm in university doing a thesis in this area. stop projecting.
>>
>>14029476
>muh "appeal to resources" fallacy

>if they didn't do it i guess it's just not viable!

no YOU fuck off. you're the most autistic shit i've ever seen. it's people like you that would have prevented internal combustion engines from happening in the first place with such bullshit logic.
>>
>>14029499
because if you knew fucking anything about what you are trying to talk about you would know they aren't called "ultracapacitors" you fucking dingus

the battery industry is worth hundreds of billions of dollars and the technology therein impacts literally trillions of dollars of other industries

if you don't think there is a goddamn army of engineers trying to make the next iphone last an hour longer and be 1mm thinner your retard
>>
>>14029505
oh sorry

I forgot to say I'm actually battling the oil industry right now because I invented a way to use water in combustion engines!

my technology would change the world!
if only people believed my posts on the internet!
>>
>>14029447
about the same as an E39 M5
>>
File: 00T0T_6rnORr5Ls1X_600x450.png (798 KB, 862x646) Image search: [Google]
00T0T_6rnORr5Ls1X_600x450.png
798 KB, 862x646
If you can make it look like this, then we've got a deal.
>>
>>14029510
>Arguing semantics

also kill yourself for thinking engineers trying to make phones last longer are even remotely capable of what i'm doing. i'm talking about increasing power density, not just energy density, but since you're so inept and forget we were discussing EVs you just jumped to whatever appeal to authority nonsense you could muster.

here's what you're failing to grap. these so called multibillion dollar companies are only going to invest in research for areas they've already formed a fabrication economy around, and so if there was any battery tech that was more viable than their current research findings, it wouldn't matter to them simply because producing a new infrastructure for it would outweigh the benefits for them, especially with the supply and demand they need to maintain. does this mean hurr durr i should just stop and look at iphone battery thinness research? no. so fuck off. if you still fail to understand then maybe this isn't a topic you should have jumped into.
>>
>>14029526
leh....
>>
File: 1445278560377.jpg (51 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1445278560377.jpg
51 KB, 670x472
>>14029517
yeah we should just use oil lamps too right!? i mean heating tungsten is so stupid if Mcnolson Oils Incorporated hasn't done it yet!
>>
>>14029531
>i'm talking about increasing power density, not just energy density

2/10
try to learn about some aspects of batteries before making this thread again.
>>
>>14029531
ok

your right

please design this car, your beautiful batteries will change the landscape of the automobile industry forever

by the way, do you have any pictures of your designs or any specifics?
something to discuss?
or are you just making this thread to argue?
>>
did flash bainite guy shitpost on 4chan about what he was going to do?
>>
>>14029556
>power and energy are the same thing

you first, after you finish consuming whale oil
>>
>>14029444
Instead, why not make a combustion engine out of carbon aerogel with ultrahard fullerite sleeves and amorphous hyperdiamond bearing surfaces? If you're not actually looking to mass produce anything, you could easily make a 50 pound, 500 horsepower engine.
>>
>>14029444
op, where did you go?
>>
>>14029620
/k/ thread about current chinese nuke subs coming towards /o/ hq to bomb the alphonse threads.
>>
great!
now develop a process to produce those batteries at a comparable cost to lithium polymer batteries, get it past all the regulation and red tape, and bring it to market

easy!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.