[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /o/ i have a 01 nissan sentra gxe, these lights on my car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: lights.png (256 KB, 618x226) Image search: [Google]
lights.png
256 KB, 618x226
sup /o/

i have a 01 nissan sentra gxe, these lights on my car are dead

what is the technical name for them? are they cheap and an easy replacement?

sorry i do not know shit about cars
>>
>>14029251
That car has no lights there. Those are blanks for where fog lights would go. They are usually not easy to replace because the bulbs should just about last the lifetime of the car. You only use fog lights in inclement weather such as fog, so you shouldn't really worry about them.
>>
>>14029257
they are also completely fucking useless so even if one does burn out there's literally no point replacing it
>>
>>14029257

fuck i thought they were regular lights

i am asking because i cannot see shit at night even with high beams on, i replaced the bulbs of he headlights... maybe they aren't strong enough?
>>
>>14029272
They're not completely useless, but they have a very limited use that they might not even do particularly well.
>>14029274
Are you driving around with your high beams on with other traffic? Don't do that, it's illegal, stupid, and won't help. If your headlights are weak, there's probably a reason. Are you using factory headlights in good condition? Are you using good bulbs?
>>
>>14029274
are you headlights oxidized? If so go buy a kit and clean them up
>>
>>14029251
Your fleshlights go there.
>>
>>14029274
how clouded/yellowed are they? you'll lose a lot of light if they aren't fairly clear. restoration kits help but the results don't last long so a proper fix depending on the car would be new covers or entirely new headlights. more often then not you need new headlights and in that case you're better off upgrading to LEDs or whatever is in your budget
>>
>>14029293
sure they will light up shit for like a foot directly in front of your bumper but that fucking use is that?
>>
>>14029309

they are not that clouded at all, i would say 30%

i tried to use a restoration kit, toothpaste, etc. and just tried to clean them up by hand

i am thinking of just buying new headlights, how do i find the exact part?
>>
>>14029309
>more often then not you need new headlights and in that case you're better off upgrading to LEDs or whatever is in your budget
There are no LED luminaires for his car, and I doubt he'd want to shell out somewhere near the 1000 dollars they would cost for a pair.
>>14029321
It's useless to see the sides of the road in inclement weather like fog, heavy snow, or heavy rain. You shouldn't be driving fast in such conditions, so forward throw isn't very important.
>>
>>14029293
I have an 02 Spec V and those fog lights are useless as fuck.
>>
>>14029349
just search for em. tons online and pretty much any auto store would have them.
>>
>>14029361

carid dot com shows that there is LED headlights for this car
>>
>>14029349
parts.nissanusa.com to find part numbers

http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-lamp-head-lh~b6060-4z300.html
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-lamp-head-rh~b6010-4z300.html
Looks like these guys sell genuine Nissan parts. Don't forget to put good bulbs into them like Philips Xtreme Vision 100s.
>>14029361
>It's useless to see the sides of the road in inclement weather like fog
I meant useful.
>>
>>14029361
yes but they don't even do that really. your low beams already do that perfectly fine. having secondary lights that barely shines past your bumper are pretty much useless and not worth the extra cost.

fuck my truck has them and i've never even turned them on unless it's just to piss off some faggot coming at me with his on. speaking of which anyone that runs those cock suckers all the time should end themselves
>>
>>14029387

>Philips X-treme Vision 100s

just searched those up, over $40 (canadian)

i think my bulbs might be the problem, i purchased some that were like $20 or some shit

i have bad eyes too,
>>
>>14029401
>purchased some that were like $20 or some shit
well that's probably at least some of the problem. for as often as you usually replace them it's worth spending the money for good bulbs
>>
>>14029421

the car only takes 9007
>>
>>14029385
Chink garbage.
>>14029396
>yes but they don't even do that really.
Yea, there are a lot of not very good ones.
>your low beams already do that perfectly fine
Your low beams should not light up directly in front of the car. If they are then they are aimed incorrectly.
>having secondary lights that barely shines past your bumper are pretty much useless and not worth the extra cost.
Like I said, forward throw isn't the idea. It should illuminate the sides of the road. So you don't drive off.
>fuck my truck has them and i've never even turned them on unless it's just to piss off some faggot coming at me with his on
Then you are operating them properly. They aren't necessary, but they can be helpful at times.
>speaking of which anyone that runs those cock suckers all the time should end themselves
Agreed, along with people with eBay
Chinese lights and people who use their high beams around other traffic.
>>14029426
Get Xtreme Powers and the new luminaires, then. I believe they have a 9007 available.
>>
>>14029426
decent Sylvania bulbs should still run you $50 or so a set at crappy tire
>>
>>14029472
Sylvania is garbage and you better not spend 50 bucks on them.
>>
>>14029475
i agree but around here it's all most major stores sell so that's what the average person is gonna end up with. the price on them has actually gone down some, they used to start at $60 or some shit for the basic ones
>>
>>14029494
>i agree but around here it's all most major stores sell
That's why you tell them to fuck off and order off of the internet.
>>
>>14029401
>i have bad eyes too,

That's your fucking problem you retard. It's also dangerous. Fuck, I hate people like you.
> thinking new bulbs will solve your shit vision
>>
>>14029475
How are they garbage? I thought their silverstars were good. I was thinking of getting them next time I need to replace my bulbs.
>>
>>14030235
>How are they garbage?
Short lifespan, less light output than a regular spec bulb of whatever type you have. Look for bulbs with a well placed filament that doesn't have any blue glass around it.
>>
Don't put LEDs on a car that didn't have them from the factory. The headlight engineering doesn't support it - you won't be able to see in the rain - and you'll blind other drivers.

Also, quality LEDs are 1000s of dollars. Cheap ones suck ass juice and won't last long
>>
>>14030640
What this man is trying to say is that you cannot put a light source into a luminaire that wasn't designed to use it. You can't put anything but halogen sources into a halogen luminaire and likewise for all the other types of light sources. By 'quality LEDs' he means actual LED luminaires like the JW Speaker 8700s or TruckLite 27270s.
>>
>>14030267
What do you recommend then?
I have op's headlights too.
>>
they are called fog lights
>>
>>14031012
Philips Xtreme Vision 100s. You can find them on Amazon for the 9007 bulb.
>>
>>14029251
Those are the turbo air intake ports
>>
>>14031057
All jokes aside they look like they'd make good brake cooling ducts
>>
>>14029251
they're fog lights and you don't actually need them

>mfw i see faglords driving with fog lights on in broad daylight
>mfw i have fog lights and never turned them on because if you can't see my low beams in the fog then you don't deserve a driving licence
>>
File: 547472.jpg (15 KB, 552x450) Image search: [Google]
547472.jpg
15 KB, 552x450
>>14031809
Fog lights aren't for other peoples benefits you mong, they're supposed to make it easier for you to see.

Go ahead, put on your highbeams in the fog and see what happens.
>>
File: 1447355128333.gif (671 KB, 466x367) Image search: [Google]
1447355128333.gif
671 KB, 466x367
>>14031809
Holy Kek you're special.
See
>>14031921
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.