[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the hardest part on your car you've had to fix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: wdwnt4coe3kftzdk2pn5[1].jpg (561 KB, 2466x1116) Image search: [Google]
wdwnt4coe3kftzdk2pn5[1].jpg
561 KB, 2466x1116
What's the hardest part on your car you've had to fix?
Blower Motor Resistor, Panther Platforms.
Heater Core, FWD shitboxes.
>>
clutch
my neighbors modded Galant VR4
would not do again
>>
File: ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png (378 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png
378 KB, 500x375
>4th generation camaro
>Anything that has to do with the engine bits under the windshield
>>
Inserting valves and valve head back into Skoda Yeti.
>>
>>14029115
Blinkers
>>
>>14029115
Removing the wiring for the PO's stupid subwoofer was not difficult but really frustrating, all those broken 90s plastic trim tabs
>>
Timing chain on a 22wd hilux, had to remove the steering linkage , cross member, oil pan, alternator, radiator, fan, heater hoses, valve cover, distributor and cam gear just to get the cover off.
> The correct procedure requires removing the
head as well.
>>
File: throwoutbearingwasthrownout.jpg (176 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
throwoutbearingwasthrownout.jpg
176 KB, 720x960
>>14029115
Most annoying was the HVAC fan. Most time consuming was the transmission(stripped nuts on the exhaust).
>>
The block heater in my S15 Jimmy. Had to get that long cunt of a bolt in one ratchet click at a time with no gloves outside in -35.

The remote mount oil filter lines in my other Blazer needed every ratchet extension I could find. That and that fucking #6 spark plug on the 4.3's.
>>
Replacing windshield wipers
>>
File: 1448973895890.png (87 KB, 201x224) Image search: [Google]
1448973895890.png
87 KB, 201x224
header pipes
>tfw non crossflow head
>>
File: IMG_0770.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>14032405
why is that hard?
>>
>2002 Hyundai Accent
>Passenger side door handle snapped off
>9 screws holding on door panel
>Have to jam a screwdriver in the window well to pop off 4 clips at the top
>Then need to scrape some stick crap off the speaker so I can unplug it and move the door panel more than 6 inches
>Then had to buy a extra shallow socket since it was through a inch high hole in the door
>Eventually get the bolts off after like 20 minutes of 1 peg rotations
>Takes an honest to god pry bar to get the handle off on the outside
>New handle is basically the same 1 peg rotation shit but in reverse
>Superglue speaker plug in since it kept falling out without the sticky shit
>Spend 45 minutes trying to get the top pegs to hook before dropping it and it just clicks into place
>2 screws a stripped, just throw them away
>Sold car 6 weeks later

I miss that shitbox
>>
Recently replaced a toyota v6 head gasket. Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done on my car and also the most time consuming. That ecstasy moment when it fired back up though, pure joy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.