[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Babbys first wheels , Yuro-poor edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
DON'T TELL ME TO READ THE STICKY , IT ONLY USEFULL IF YOU ARE AN AMERICAN IN 2002

I got my drivers licence a week ago and my parents have offered to buy me a car .They told me i have a budget of about 12.000 euros ( which i know is a lot ) . They said it's up to me to choose what to buy but i know that's a load of horseshit . What i'm looking for is :
>2L or less engine
>good EMPEGEEEES
>second hand whith less than 100K km
>4doors of go home
>autotragic (but i might be able to convince them to get me a manuel )

I'd also like Bluetooth so i can hook up my phone to the stereo and listen to my shit music . Idk if i should go manual or autotragic , cause i'm a pleb and i'm not very good at driving stick . also , this car is a DD in a city , so i cringe at the thought of crawling in trafic with a manual . But still
>autotragic

Was thinking of getting a Jetta form 2012 with 60-70k km .

What the fuck do i do /o/ ????
>>
>>14028780
also don't tell me that what i'm gonna end up buying is gonna be boring / shit . It's just a fact of life that there is no fun to be had in europe if you're not the son of an oil oligarch .
>>
File: kill self.jpg (34 KB, 630x345) Image search: [Google]
kill self.jpg
34 KB, 630x345
>>14028780
>What the fuck do i do /o/ ????
>>
>>14028786
It could be worse , i could not get a car at all . Also i'm happy as shit that i got my licence , driving is fucking amazing when you are alone behind the wheel .
>>
You buy a manual 2012 polo and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>14028800
>2012 polo
Why that over a golf VI or a Jetta ?
>>
>>14028780
1. You can get all of your requirements for less than 3000€.
2. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUY A CHEAT ERA VW?
>>
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>14028823
>>14028780
has to be 2012 or newer . My parents have a lot of fucking standards for the car that i'm supposed to choose and drive
>>
Get a Polo because you are in a city and a new driver. Honestly I am an amerikek and still ass ravaged I had to settle for the beetle because they don't sell the up or polo here.
>>
>>14028840
Buy a 2012 mid-size wagon. It's your fist car, you'll use it for everything, so might as well get something versatile.

Avoid the entire Volkswagen Group (VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi) as well as all German, American, Korean and Chinese cars. Other than that, condition and seller are much more important than make/model.
>>
>>14028845
>>14028800
Is the R line Polo any good ?
>>
Since it seems all of old /o/ is gone.

WAT CAR IZ GUD THREAD.

Go away, do your own research.
>>
File: GET_A_LOAD_OF_THIS_FAGGOT.jpg (61 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
GET_A_LOAD_OF_THIS_FAGGOT.jpg
61 KB, 711x400
>>14028845
>settled for a beetle
What a fruitcake.

Get a Twingo, OP. Become an meme car.
>>
>>14028868
Depends. Do you like getting fucked in all holes by insurance guys with 500€ bills out of your own pocket as lube?
>>
>>14028861
VAG cars are pretty much idolized in here in europe . I've asked around and I've never heard ill form any VW/Skoda owner . Also they are by far the most plentiful/ best priced . Going about finding a renault that is competitive is hopeless . Jap cars have a big markup in Europe , to those are off the table .

I thought the whole "VAG is AIDS" was just some memegarbage that /o/tards like to spew . Certrainly doesn't reflect what i hear IRL .
>>
>>14028884
>I've never heard ill form any VW/Skoda owner
I've heard from 3 people in my immediate surroundings that ca. 2012 VAG/Skodas like to blow their engines because of a faulty timing chain.
Then I read several reliability studies where German cars consistantly scored lower than their competitors from Ford, Renault, and lately, Fiat.
Then the whole emissions cheating thing happened.
Besides, VWs offer way too much useless bullshit in the base model for my taste. You can't get just the car and only add the options you want.
Skodas do look pretty good though, and are decently priced.
>>
>>14028780
twingo. just get a good expensive one and you still have money left
>>
go for a vw golf or a mercedes a-class
both are decent cars that are easy to drive and are at a technically high level
if you want to get away a little cheaper go with a ford focus or a skoda
>>
what do you actualy want?
Comfy, sporty, practical?
>>
>>14028897
VW head big issues with the camshaft chains from 2008 onwards but they pay a lot of the repair costs even after the warranty expired
if you go by the data of the TÜV HU german cars still are amongst the most reliable and ford got really good since they moved their development to germany
>>
>>14028962
A-class is expensive AF
>>14028965
No point in wanting something sporty , as my parent's won't buy anything that could outrun a bus . Best hope is for something comfy . I'm probably not gonna haul much with this car , so practicalities are not a major concern .
>>
>>14028780
Read the sticky then get a fiesta st lol
>>
>>14029016
2fast2expensive . life is empty agony .
>>
>>14029016
Oops forgot they are only 2dr euros... Get a focus then!
>>
>>14029024
im pretty sure you can get the fiesta st as a 4-door in europe too
>>
>>14029030
I can't get a Fiesta ST in my country , they don;t sell them here . I'd have to go to Germany to get one .
>>
>>14029012
Say it how it is - your parents chose the car. You're just doing the market research for them.

Personally, I'd get a new Dacia Logan MCV for the money. Yes, it's a Dacia. But it's got the reliable and proven Renault engines and you're driving a new car as your first.

Your budget allows for 5k € worth of extras above the base price, so you can option the fuck out of it.
>>
>>14029012
maybe a loaded hyundai i30 with the huge warranty?
>>
>>14028780

Get a Mazda 3 Limousine. It's more reliable and better looking.
>>
hon hon hon
>>
File: VW-Street-Up-0.jpg (77 KB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
VW-Street-Up-0.jpg
77 KB, 750x406
>>14028780
Why not a 4 door Rock Up!

>Great sound system
>5 doors
>Looks great
>Parents won't even know how fun it is when you floor it
>Your friends WILL ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
>So will you
>>
File: 1398529394502.jpg (28 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
1398529394502.jpg
28 KB, 500x431
>>14028840
>has to be 2012
this shits me
>here we'll practice driving in an old ass manual with no power steering or abs
>but i wont let you drive anything that isnt made of airbags and drives itself!1111111111 not safe1!!!!
>>
>>14028780
Avoid anything VAG with the 1.2 TSI, those are pretty unreliable engines, other than that, VAG in jurop is pretty decent, the used market is huge and there are plenty of cheap eco cars to choose from.

That being said, I'd get either a Golf VI or a Skoda Octavia combi, depending how much space you actually need. Or if you are a sedan guy, then Jetta/Octavia sedan
>>
>>14028785

You're a retard.
>>
>>14029412
>VW UP
>fun

Fambrughini it got like 80 horses
>>
>VW

Buy Japanese or buy the jetta and hire an on call mechanic
>>
>>14029593
this is a yuropoor thread
>>
>>14028780
get a BMW 320d, 330d or 120d
good amount of fun and performance and good mpg`s
also the e90 and e92`s are pretty reliable
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=217227118&scopeId=C&zipcode=&isSearchRequest=true&minFirstRegistrationDate=2005-01-01&maxPrice=12000&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3500&makeModelVariant1.modelId=15&pageNumber=11
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=217548128&scopeId=C&zipcode=&isSearchRequest=true&minFirstRegistrationDate=2005-01-01&maxPrice=12000&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3500&makeModelVariant1.modelId=15&pageNumber=20
a WAAAY better choice than a VW or a front wheel drive Audi
>>
>>14028868
It's a trim level that comes with a bodykit. doesn't change anything meaningful whatsoever.
>>
>>14029040
This.

Other choice could be a Sandero, if you live in an urban area it'll be easier to park.
>>
>>14029608
japanese is not cheap in europe
>>
>>14029412
>your friends will absolutely love it

Mate of mine had one. It was no different to being driven in any other generic highschool shitbox tbqh. It did get great reviews, though. Also, if you like them, it's worth knowing that the Skoda Citigo and Seat Mii are the exact same car, and tend to sell for vcheaper because MUH JURMAN ERGENURUNG! cranks prices up.
>>
>>14029691
>>14029040
I am Romanian , so I have a huge bias against Dacia . I've lived all my life in this country , I'm not gonna trust Bogdan and Ionut to make a car .
>>
>BMW
>180k km
>3L
>Germany

Wow Nelly ! I'm not gonna get a car that costs more to register than to buy .

I live in Romania . Car taxes fuck you over harder than actual romanians . I was looking at some BMWs cause that's what my parents have and i've been driving the family car (2011 X1 sDrive with the "M package" 200hp from a chip tune and whatever the shit the call the sequential gearbox, lame car but idgaf) and i fucking love the RWD and diesel torque . But they aren't gonna buy me something nice . I'd kill for a E90 . Don't car if it's uggy , the car is fun and comfy AF . Drove a friends E92 with the "M" manual gearbox . Made me feel inadequate as a man DESU .
>>
>>14029412
The UP seems like the car you'd love owning , but you'd be in the closet about it .
>>
OP here . DESU i'm extremely surprised that this thread still exists and that for the most part it has been pretty on point .
>>
>>14028785
What fucking country do you live in? Driving in Europe is great, but a cheap hatchback and enjoy.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.