[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flat rate professional techs, report in. I mentally checked out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: brad-pitt-anger-phone.jpg (26 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
brad-pitt-anger-phone.jpg
26 KB, 400x359
Flat rate professional techs, report in. I mentally checked out today after I drew an airbag recall on a piece of shit Infiniti M35, and learned the dash had to come out for it.
>only pays 2.7 hours
>fuck this fucking shit. Oh well, just get it done and move on
>start taking dash out
>rotted abused piece of shit dash starts to literally crumble
>have to start the two week claims process with Infiniti to get the dash covered under the campaign

Parked that shit in the land of no return on the back lot and went to lunch.
>>
is 2.7 hours not a suitable amount of time to remove and replace a dash?
>>
>>14023279
Not on an M35
>>
A buddy of mine said I could get in as a tech for an oil drilling company out in Pecos, TX. Seriously considering applying for it at this point. I 50/50 enjoy and hate my job. It's this kind of bullshit and the corporate nickel and diming of techs that makes me hate it sometimes.
>>
>>14023496
roughnecking would be fun i imagine. way more fun than working at a car dealership making pennies.
>>
Y
>>
I understand the "reasoning" - shouldn't have to pay someone 2 hrs salary for a job that usually takes an hour.

That said, there should be some way to log a protest for exceptions- cars that are in shit condition / have been fucked with by the owner / are just historically bad to work on.

Doesn't the dealer have any recourse with the manufacturer? What if all the dealers got together and said fuck it, no more recall work?
>>
>>14023510
Ayyy mechanics aren't going to be roughnecks. You're most likely going to work on compressors and pumpjack engines. Maybe pumps as well.
>>
>>14023593
Roughneck =/= drilling rig worker. I don't blame you anon. That's how the industry uses it commonly.
>>
>>14023576
The dealer has almost no recourse with the manufacturer. They make the rules pretty much. Only thing we can do is plead those shitty cars on a case by case basis, which is what we're going to have to do with this M. Infiniti is better than most manufacturers but still sucks. They fuck the techs on labor time, and bill back parts they don't feel like paying for to the dealer.

I don't really have a short answer as to why throwing up our arms and saying no more warranty work would not be a solution, but in short the entire system would fall apart from all angles.
>>14023593
Yeah I would rather stay here than be a roughneck. Working on pumps and shit sounds pretty gravy though.
>>
>>14023727
The main perk I can see about working oil and gas is everything is really accessible and fairly easy to work on.
>>
>>14024082
There would be lots of perks, namely scheduling and pay increase. Ease of access to what I'm working on isnt really a concern of mine but it would be nice. Also, not having to deal with rich entitled cunts customers would be great.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.