[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just following a fire truck at night, and was amazed b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: new 2-13.jpg (222 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
new 2-13.jpg
222 KB, 800x533
I was just following a fire truck at night, and was amazed by how easy it was to see (pic related)
Is it possible/legal to get your car painted hi vis like this? It'd be harder for an old person to merge into me if my car was glowing
I found this hi vis spray paint but idk if there is hi vis automotive paint available
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-byT0FJ2W4_Q/Tw8IOfMBLSI/AAAAAAAACE0/8QEewFMRsaA/s1600/new+2-13.jpg
>>
oops, pasted the wrong link http://www.valsparpaint.com/en/find-the-right-product/exterior/spray-paint-1/high-visibility.html
>>
>>14020114
>>14020116

i dont see why not
get hi vi racing stripe or panda scheme
>>
>>14020121
I was thinking solid would be fine, and there's no way to be mistaken for an emergency vehicle
>>
I have highvis tape on the underside of my hatch on the face with the latch.

You can't see it except when the hatch is open, as it might be if I were stranded on the side of the road.
>>
File: 61fGIdHElZL._SL1101_.jpg (85 KB, 1101x1024) Image search: [Google]
61fGIdHElZL._SL1101_.jpg
85 KB, 1101x1024
>>14020137
I have these things for that
>>
>>14020114
You can get conspicuity tape in a colour that matches your car.
>>
>>14020443
I'd rather have paint than tape
>>
>>14020447
Paint can't retroreflect the way tapes and wraps can.
>>
>>14020114
I don't know if that's legal, but I had a similar thought when I saw an ambulance tonight.

Apparently the ambulances around here have led taillights that flash once real quickly and then stay lit when they press the breaks. It's hard to explain but look next time you see one if you remember to. I'd like to get those taillight wiring inserts. It's high visibility and just looks so cool.
>>
>>14020470
Oh, I see, the tape has miniature 3d reflectors, thanks!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroreflective_sheeting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.