[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /o/ I seem to be leaking/burning oil on my 92 pony. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: WP_20151209_14_02_08_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 1820x3232) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151209_14_02_08_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 1820x3232
Sup /o/
I seem to be leaking/burning oil on my 92 pony. This picture is from the back of the front bumper. What the hell even passes oil through there?

I post here because as I was driving home just now I smelled something burning. I was aware of this leak and thought it to be power steering which I haven't changed in a while. But the burning smell is new, and now I leak a bit more.

I just did my oil change 2 weeks ago.
And this which its dripping is black. I'll post a pic in second post.
Any ideas?

I'm fairly new to this whole car thing to be completely honest.
>>
>>14019378
Give us more pics.
>>
if its black its probably oil. does it smell like oil?
try and find where its coming from
>>
Just because that's where the oil ends up doesn't mean that's where it's coming from. Just follow the trail and try to find where it's coming from.. it could be all the way at the top.

My guess is a main seal, but impossible to know from that picture.
>>
File: A__17D6 1.jpg (722 KB, 2491x1402) Image search: [Google]
A__17D6 1.jpg
722 KB, 2491x1402
Here's oil that dripped.
My friend who has an 89 and knows quite a bit about them said he's not sure oil even runs to where its dripping.
>>
>>14019467
>>14019450
>>14019426
Thanks for the replies peeps
its dark out now unfortunately so I'll have to follow and take pics of trail tomorrow.
>>
>>14019511
Its better to use paper. Check fluid colour to find what it is afterwards.
>>
>>14019378
The only oils that are up front like that are the trans cooler lines going into the left side radiator tank just above the lower radiator hose if the car is an automatic and the power steering cooler which is just a loop of steel line sandwiched between the A/C condenser and radiator. I did have a P/S cooler loop rust out on me once so it's possible.

Of course neither of those should be black so I'm thinking what you're seeing on the ground is engine oil from somewhere further back, like from a drain plug, and you're seeing this crap off the radiator support which is something else entirely.
>>
>>14019727

^^ this in all likelihood
>>
>>14019727
>>14020696

Its a manual tranny.
>>
>>14020874
no
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.