[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Driveway is steep. Bumper hits it. What vehicle doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: Untitled.png (33 KB, 1906x914) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33 KB, 1906x914
Driveway is steep.
Bumper hits it.

What vehicle doesn't have a long and low overhand in front of the front tire but still:
>Gets good mileage
>Looks at least somewhat masculine and grown up
>Is reliable
>Is affordable

I drive a lot for work. Current car is a 2014 with 60k miles on it. So mileage is important but so is looking like I got my shit together when I show up at a meeting. Oh and I'm not wealthy.
What get?

Looked at the Jeep Renegade but it seems overpriced, comes FWD which is fucked up for a Jeep and I guess is a re-dressed Fiat 500?!
>>
Just raise your car
>>
>>14014145
How to, făm?
Not OP, same situation. And a raised car would help with the shifty, pothole ridden streets around here.
>>
>>14013994
Probably would be cheaper to have your driveway regraded/repaved
>>
>>14014311
Appreciate the advice but the pavement is fine. The geometry of the curb to the garage also is what it is, a 2 car wide driveway going up from the road to the garage, about 30' long.

It might be a little a while and I've been doing some research. It seems like there is a slew of small SUVs about the hit the market.

The Mazda cx-3 would absolutely fit the bill in terms of styling, price and mpg but the ground clearance is the same as my three and it has that long front overhang.
Just looking for ideas, will probably wait and see what comes out. Thanks.
>>
File: so fucking cute.jpg (129 KB, 499x399) Image search: [Google]
so fucking cute.jpg
129 KB, 499x399
>>14013994
King Abdullah Design and Development of Jordan upgrades Ferrets. One of those would be great.
>>
>>14013994
Learn to go up at an angle. Christ /o/.
>>
File: beep beep.jpg (154 KB, 499x399) Image search: [Google]
beep beep.jpg
154 KB, 499x399
>>14014592
>beep beep I love you.
>>
>>14014593
The road also angles down slightly, so there is one angle exactly where if I hit it perfect the bumper doesn't drag. I don't always hit it perfect or if in too big a hurry the front bottoms out. It already popped one corner of the bumper out of place, a little, well it broke the clip so it doesn't sit quite flush with the fender.
>>
File: 891[1].png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
891[1].png
13 KB, 200x200
>>14013994
>masculine
> Jeep Renegade
>>
>>14013994
Just don't park so close, fucking OCD freak. This is literally the dumbest criteria for car shopping I have ever heard.
>>
>>14013994
Specifically what car do you have now? Trying to figure out how dramatic the overhang is.

What's your budget?

>>14016031
He doesn't mean a parking lot curb/stop, he means like the entrance to a driveway that is sloped.
>>
>>14016063
>Specifically what car do you have now? Trying to figure out how dramatic the overhang is.
Mazda 3
>What's your budget?
I get it paid off, maybe trade it in on something with low miles.

So my road is on a hill, then my driveway is a hill 90 degrees to the road. There is 1 approach exactly where the bumper doesn't hit.
I was just wondering if /o/ had suggestions.

Thanks for the interest.
>>
>>14016291
Can you lay some asphalt down to make it a more gradual slope? I did that for my driveway.
>>
File: this shape of curb.jpg (272 KB, 1600x673) Image search: [Google]
this shape of curb.jpg
272 KB, 1600x673
>>14016298
Would have to fill in the curb and it's one of those trough curbs for rain water. I guess theoretically that could work but my neighbors would hate me and the city might not like it. The road has a tall crown anyway.
>>
>>14016325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWKpm3y8-PI

Skip to 7:48
>>
Buy a new house
>>
>>14013994
>Ask for suggestion on cars with good ground clearance

>>14014145
>raise your car
>>14014311
>repave your driveway
>>14014593
>Drive your car differently
>>14016031
>Learn to park
>>14016298
>Put more asphalt down
>>14016350
>Put boards out when you want to go somewhere
>>14016619
>Buy a new house
>>
>>14016703
Where do you think you are. Get a grand Cherokee and be done with it
>>
>>14016703
I just don't understand why he can't just angle it up and make it work.
>>
>>14016703
People suggested ways to make it work with his current car since he's still making payments on it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.