[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Automotive school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tri-turbo.jpg (153 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
tri-turbo.jpg
153 KB, 1024x685
Looking to do an automotive program in the spring. Have mopar/t-ten(toyota) and h-pact (honda to choose from. Who is best?
>>
Don't do it, it's not too late
>>
>>14013702
none of them, get out while you can
>>
>>14013702
dont
>>
So what you're saying is you like beeing poor
>>
Don't do it OP, we have this thread every other day.
>>
>>14013702
Unless you have a high budget, or are willing to take out multiple large loans dont do it.

Your better off taking a general automotive course at a comunity college than the trash they teach. Plus you wont be broke after you finish the course.

School is nothing like the real world, at fucking all.
>>
>>14013750
this, get an AAS
>>
Basically with finanial aide long as i make the grades lol schooling is free sooo
>>
>>14013702
It's all a scam targeted at idealistic and naive young students.
>>
>>14013764
Financial aide. So yeah due to being froma poor family its gonna cost me nothing
>>
>>14013764
>>14013771
>sooo
If you make it through school and into a dealership you're going to get ripped apart
>>
>>14013771
Well with mopar your going to get alot of shitty europoor designs, closer to mercedes and bmw than ford and chevy.

Toyota would be a good course to take, just a little boring in my opinion but would lead into a stable job no matter where you live.

Honda is iffy, if this was ten years ago i would say honda all the way, but lately they have been in a slump. Hondas are easy as shit to work on, you dont even really need a course for it.
>>
>>14013791
>Toyota would be a good course to take, just a little boring
Let me guess, Toyota is so reliable that their shops remain empty right you fucking idiot?
>>
just study an automotive engineering career in a university
>>
>>14013791
None of this post seems to be based on reality or experience

The best brand can be anything, it depends where you live and what's going on in the industry. You can be doing majors all day making more than anyone then a huge recall rolls out and for a few months your job is shit. No brand pays better book hours to a big degree because if they did everyone would work there.
>>
>>14013796
That saying is probably older than you are. and thats not what i was implying.

I was implying that toyota as a whole is a boring people mover manufacture. Stable, and reliable but boring, im sure you will not see any 10 second toyota corollas come strolling into the shop for an oil change or whatever they want done.
>>
>>14013702
Try to get in the hd industry if wrenching really does interest you.

>labor rates higher
>pay is generally higher
>most shops pay hourly
>hd trucks are designed with servicing in mind so most application are easy to work on and access
>don't have to upsell bullshit since most trucks are owned by larger businesses and carriers
>it's really easy to get paid training through a dealership
>>
>>14013702
3 turbos on an 8 makes the engine go kaboom

but then again that power for those 12 miles
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.