[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All opinions/bias/memes aside... I'm interested in either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2014_mazda3_99_1920x1080.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014_mazda3_99_1920x1080.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
All opinions/bias/memes aside...

I'm interested in either a Kia Soul or a Mazda 3 hatchback

I'm not huge into cars, but I'm pretty sure the Mazda 3 performs much better. However I'm more interested in the car lasting me a while and staying out of the shop, as well as being something I can ride with tha boiz in. Which I think the Kia Soul qualifies better for, but I'm not too familiar with the differences between all the models.

I already know I'm gonna get a lot of shit but again, I'm not a huge car person. I'm also a grill, so it has to be visually pleasing as well. And an aux chord or blue tooth is a must lol

Still debating between auto and manual.

Basically, between these two, which would you pick more for hot boxing with your friends, daily commute, and 2-4 hour trips around once a month? If you have any other suggestions I'm open to those as well.
>>
korea a shit

get a citroen bx
>>
>>14012167
I'd like to keep the price around 12,000 or lower. My credit isn't amazing and I'm gonna have about a 2000$ down payment
>>
>>14012167
I can basically guarantee you the Mazda 3 will be more reliable, and more engaging to drive (regardless of transmission.) Mazda is typically known for making a great shifting manual transmission, and most dealer lots should have an auto and manual there.

The only manual Kia I found when car shopping was a base model Soul with the 1.8 or whatever the smallest engine was at the time.
>>
>>14012185
>>14012200
If you're looking for a used car, the 2.5 hatchback is a very good car and falls right in your price range.
>>
>>14012167
The soul seems perfect for hotboxing, since it is a box
>>
>BTW IM A GIRL XDDDD

Nah you can go fuck off.
>>
>>14012214
RIGHT? That car just screams good times to me for some reason, even if it's a piece of shit performance-wise, the reviews I see do point to it being very reliable.
>>14012207
new or used depends, sometimes you can get better credit offers buying brand new but at the end of the day it's gonna be whatever has the lowest mileage and monthly payment but the best options. When you say 2.5 is that a model? Or something to do with an engine?
>>14012200
Thanks for the input senpai. Mazda 3 is so A E S T H E T I C too
>>
>>14012217
I mean, it's sensible to mention. There's cars that should only be driven by chicks, and cars that should only be driven by dudes.
>>
>>14012167
Mazda is your best bet.
Additionally, if you're looking at only owning the car for 3-4 years, consider leasing instead. Mazda currently a lease offer going for only $229/month for the base 2016 mazda3 hatch with $0 down.

It's a great way to build your credit, and save some liquidity as well. Not to mention the advantages of a brand new car over a used one.
>>
File: mazda3.jpg (22 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
mazda3.jpg
22 KB, 300x200
>>14012167
1st gen 3 hatchbacks can be had around 8k in great condition with low miles

Just make sure you get an updated 07-09 model and check the oil every now and then. The 2.3's PCV valve likes to jam open every 100k miles or so and it WILL eat oil like none other. If you miss this you'll spin a bearing, lunch the engine and be out around 4k
>>
Mazda 3 is a hands down better car in my bock. The Kia is soulless.
>>
>>14012257
Last time I checked leasing a Mazda3, you are basically paying 1/2 the price of the car for a 39 month lease. Doesnt make sense to me
>>
>>14012167

"a grill"

Prove it
>>
>>14012167
Subaru Forester or a Honda Fit might be good options as well. There are some good deals on Focus/Fiesta's too.

Between the two of them I'd go Mazda 3.
>>
>>14012374
>Doesnt make sense to me
It doesn't make sense FOR you, because, I'm assuming here, you have a general interest in cars and are at the very least capable of basic maintenance and have the patience to take care of your belongings.

OP made it a point to state and (s)he is NOT a car person, dislikes having a car in the shop, wants a standard DD and values the cosmetic integrity of the car. This type of person has no business managing the well-being of a car for an extended period, especially once it can start having (usually simple) issues at the 5-7 year mark. Plus, they don't have to worry about selling or haggling a trade-in value when they decide it's time for a new car. Based on the values the OP herself/himself described, I'd say leasing is the superior, hassle-free option.

$2,900/yr isn't that bad anyhow for a shiny new travel-enabling accessory. Maybe I'm just not giving OP enough credit, but for those who don't care about cars at all, cheap leases are the better option.
>>
>>14012167
You're probably looking at a Corolla
>>
Why the fuck do you care about "performance" on an econobox you shitlord
>>
You can't get a new generation Mazda3 hatch worth driving for 12K, op.

Hell mine has 40K miles already and it's still 7K out of your price range

That being said, if you enjoy driving even a little bit, get the manual 3hatch without question. This even being a comparison says you haven't driven both cars yet.

It also gets better mpg, if you care. I get about 44 going 55-65mph, and around 36 in either traffic or 70-75 mph
>>
File: 1446485712190.jpg (59 KB, 535x432) Image search: [Google]
1446485712190.jpg
59 KB, 535x432
>>14013380

Careful who you're calling shitlord, faggotfuck. You're easily one of the stupidest motherfuckers on this board.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.