[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who regret here? ever made a significant purchase and questioned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_438.jpg (367 KB, 1005x626) Image search: [Google]
IMG_438.jpg
367 KB, 1005x626
who regret here?

ever made a significant purchase and questioned it for weeks?
>>
>traded a 991 for a literal overpriced accord

kek
>>
nope been in love with my mr2 ever since i got her
>>
File: DSC_2118.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2118.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Nope. Getting behind a v8 rwd car with a landing strip for a hood everyday is a pretty good feeling.
>>
I bought a 1991 Mazda 5 speed that had a leaky heater core.
I sold it and bought a 1999 Lincoln Towncar which heat didn't work after a month of driving.
So I've been fucking with EATC for the past fucking 3 months.
>>
>>14009449

not really regret, just that feel of "holy shit i just bought a german luxury landbarge even though i could barely afford it, holy shit you're the most amazing car ever please don't break down i can't afford any repairs on you also please stop drinking gas like that holy shit you're comfy holy fuck that leather smells good"
>>
I had doubts when sold my immaturely fun and mischief inducing but permabroken utter pace of shit Datsun 280 for a Honda Accord when I started college. I did not have the time or the money any more to put it on jacks every other weekend and fix [x] and I literally couldn't afford to miss classes all the time. It was my high school car that I originally bought for $300 '05 dollars and made mostly working. I missed it's vulgarity, but I was conditioned from 3 years of ownership that my car had a 50% chance of starting without a fight that morning, and another 50% of actually getting where I was going without something making me coast into a parking lot, or doing pre-drive checks to make sure I have spares of all fluids, hoses and tools in the back and that there isn't a chemically colored puddle underneath. After the first 3 weeks of completely drama-free motoring I missed it less each day and discovered the joys of owning a reliable, useful car.

For some context, at the time I lived in Florida suburban grid hell, my drive to college was 45 minutes before traffic and there wasn't a decent driving road for hundred miles, so it's not like I could go touge the canyons.

Of course 8 years later I move to California, still have the Honda even though I walk to work, but it's good to me and costs me nothing and it's still a pretty fun car in the right places. But if I ever have to let it go you bet your ass I'm on CL the next day for a proper weekend car, probably another beat to shit 280.
>>
>>14009462
>fedoramobil

what a fucking piece of shit you got there m8, I bet ur mum regrets not purchasing plan B
>>
File: IMG_6712.jpg (1 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6712.jpg
1 MB, 4608x3456
>>14009522
good example of when /o/ says buy a civic and shut the fuck up, buy a civic. you could probably invest in a weekend 280 but if you don't have the finances they're literally money pits my buddy has spent over 30k on his 240z and is still having issues with his l24

>>14009456
trying to forget about it
>>
>>14009474
Heeeeeheheeyyyy. I know that feeling. I've always been cursed with cars. Doesn't matter what I buy, how old or new it is. Things just keep going out, one thing after another. So, I figured I'd buy a "decent" higher end car and drop $3500 into it in preventative maintenance to counteract my curse. Didn't totally work, and BMW repairs cost a fortune. It guzzles gas too being a V8.
>>
File: 1198s.jpg (484 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1198s.jpg
484 KB, 1600x1200
>>14009449
yes
i sold it after a few months

pic related
>>
File: 12132 copy.png (10 KB, 492x47) Image search: [Google]
12132 copy.png
10 KB, 492x47
>how much value did your ride lose today fa.m?
>>
>>14009672
what a comfy looking situation
>>
should have gotten an m5 or m6, less numb and a more engaging drive than a merc
or the previous gen c63, preferably black series
>>
>>14009769
coming out of a 991 what would offer more excitement, newer/better quality interior, cheaper price

I took a huge loss downgrading yet I'm enjoying it more
>>
File: 20151113_171607.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151113_171607.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
None what so ever.
>>
>>14009877
Illinois?
>>
>>14009890
Ohio
>>
>>14009769
And it's still numb and lifeless. Audi is your best shot of the big 3 for a driver's car
>>
>>14009449
I know where you're coming from mate.
I dropped the 20k cash I had saved on a 2003 CL600. I could have picked up all sorts of cars, ones that were newer with more reliable track records, yet I bought a twin turbo v12. I could have bought faster cars with more power and less weight, newer cars with dependability, or one that wouldn't depreciate like a brick. Yet I bought the car that I wanted, the one that made me happy behind the wheel. I thought about it for months afterwards, especially as the problems - ABC, wheels, O2 sensors, all started popping up. You lose the magic that you felt when you first drove your car. My recommendation is to go for a long drive - fuck the fuel economy, fuck the wear and tear. Just hit some twisties, listen to your engine note, look at your interior. Remind yourself of that very first day, and do your best to relive it. You loved your choice at one point, you just gotta do it again.
>>
>>14009949
Audi... nope, not at all, Audis aren`t even true drivers cars, they are wannabe luxury cars which in fact shares many Volkswagen and Skoda parts so they are extremely overpriced. Audis are actually fun only when you need to do standstill launches, but, just like the Tesla model S, they are too heavy and there is a huge drivetrain loss so they lose to much less powered RWD cars on rolling star races and suck at taking corners because of dat weight and understeer. Audis are king of the big three on snow and off roads though.
>>
I'd regret trading a 991 for a mercedes soccer mom vehicle too.
>>
>>14009449
fuck off already
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 720x479
>>14009981
I disagree. I've owned a few BMW's, Mercedes, and an Audi, and he audi is absolutely a drivers car. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 2007 S4. Pic related.
>>
>>14009672
Ewwcatti
>>
>>14009456
I think you may be confused as to the meaning of literal.
>>
2004 bmw e60
>>
bought a project bike and then weeks later on CL the same kind of bike posted with more working parts for only like $350 more
>>
>>14009981
>Audis aren`t even true drivers cars
>drives a stickerbombed (what is this, 2011?) 3 series
lmao
>>
>>14009981
It's the most driver's car make of the big 3, I didn't say it was a driver's car make period you fucking moron.
>>
>>14009449
Yeah I just find the Mercedes not fun to drive or impractical, they never find a balance. Which AMG is that? I've had a few AMGs now I also had a 991 S like you for a while but recently sold it. Great car, but I hurt my back and don't want to sit low anymore.
>>
>spent fourteen and a half thousand dollars on an 80s Buick
>no ragrets
>>
>I want to talk about my car more since my other thread is gone
Ok OP
>>
>>14009672
i want to live like this
>>
bought a mazda3 sport for a daily, was insured for 2 days
miata>3
>>
>>14009966
at least you can say you did what a lot of people wish they could.
>>
>>14010775
I'm not too sure about that

I own an 05 S4, and in the past year it's certainly been an expensive pain in the ass, i'm always nervous while driving it hard or at all out of fear of having it eat shit again.

and that's excluding the timing chain guides, because its got less than 50k on it

It's really comfortable, quiet, and quite fast, but at the same time it's very bouncy on rough roads and all out fucking heavy, then there's the reliability issues.
>>
>>14011149
that pic is 2 years old lol
>>14011162
how is it the most drivers car make? Name a single Audi thats a better drivers car than a C63 AMG Black series, E46 M3 CSL or an M3 GTS
>>
File: 1441163796018.jpg (48 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1441163796018.jpg
48 KB, 500x378
>>14009921
ayyyy lmao
>>
its no gts but atleast its an amg, and a improvement over the 2014 in handling and overall balance. I personally don't care for it, but I am sure some Indian dude will be hyped.
>>
I bought a cheap BMW 3-series back then because well, its a BMW and I was an idiot and I felt good about owning a BMW back then... yes, I was only 19.

Worst decision ever.

I hated that piece of shit, but I can't just give it back and get a full refund.

Flash forward a couple of years, I sold it and bought a used 2014 Mercedes CLS63. The difference is HUGE in price and quality. I believe the M-Series for BMW is nice too, but BMW left a bad taste in my mouth.

What I learned from buying a car is that you either buy the BEST option or you don't buy it at all. NEVER settle for the "base model".always try to get to the top.

>but I'm too poor to afford the top model
buy a shitbox and start saving, dipshit.
>>
>>14009462
It's like.... I agree with you -- but god you're such a fag. Take off that spotlight you fucking creepy wannabe.
>>
>>14017469

which BMW was it. also did you hate it because it was unreliable or becasue it didnt have a dank af infotainment system so you could sync all your bullshit together. i never buy the top of the line model becasue it comes with a bunch of useless shit that i never use
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.