[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
btfo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: aylmao.jpg (1 MB, 2393x2688) Image search: [Google]
aylmao.jpg
1 MB, 2393x2688
btfo
>>
Village Idiot I thought you weren't a shitposter.

Anyway not entirely surprised, the FA20 was a new engine and needed some kinks worked out, as well as some bits on the rest of the car like the tail light seals.
>>
File: ``.jpg (18 KB, 431x460) Image search: [Google]
``.jpg
18 KB, 431x460
>>14008740
literally all I do is shitpost
>>
wow all the top ones are japanese companies
>>
>>14008767
surprising only americans
but they are still going to drive their fords
>>
File: FullSizeRender 2.jpg (231 KB, 1321x880) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
231 KB, 1321x880
>>14008732
Ayyyyyy
>>
>>14008732
>Jewsumer Lieports
>>
>>14008732
>FCA last
>Lexus first
Tell me something I don't already know
>>
>>14008732
>Audi 5th best
what
>>
>>14010446
My gfs 2014 a5 has been to shop 3 times this year for shit. Audi is generally good but sure haven't had a good experience with this one. She wants a BMW next :/
>>
Why is Mercedes quality so shit now?

My dads S 63AMG has some rattle and had various electronic problems. Also that touchpad for controlling the nav and shit is absolute shit. They need a touchscreen.
>>
>>14010475
No, they need actual goddamn buttons. Fuck touchscreens.
>>
>>14008732
>Injector seal failures and improperly specced fuel pumps
>Meanwhile, the ND Miata is faster in a straight line, faster around the corners, has more tuning potential, and gets better gas mileage on cheaper gas
I mean, it's been 20 years since the last time Toyota made a good car, but you'd think they'd still have at least one or two people around who know what they're doing.
>>
>>14010541
It was a brand new motor, teething issues can be expected.
>>
>>14010558
It was a brand new car that struggled to compete with its aging competitors and had crippling flaws. It's the exact same thing as the Kappa twins, except without the turbo trim. Why would anyone actually buy one?
>>
>>14010579
>crippling flaws
>occasional problem fixed with a tune and a noise
>benchracing
>>
>>14010515
Touch screens are great for the keyboard. Nav and phone stuff. Then regular buttons for everything else. Like Porsche does.
>>
>>14010585
>Software error resulting in engine failure
>Noise so annoying literally thousands of people complain about it
Why didn't Toyota just build it right in the first place?
>>
>>14010593
Ah, makes sense.
>>
>>14008767
buick tho
the chinese are onto something
>>
>>14010595
Do you really not understand how manufacturing works? Everybody does as best they can, but sometimes things slip through. It's like the crankshaft problems on 1990-1991 Miatas.
>>
>>14010579
>It's the exact same thing as the Kappa twins
>More power
>lighter
>handle actually good
>Is actually a good car
Nothing like the kappa twins.
>>
>>14010607
>22 more HP
>100 lbs lighter
>0.4 seconds slower to 60
>Handles worse
The FR-S in the definitive bench racer's car. It looks good on all the spec sheets, but in the real world it can't even compete with garbage that had failed years before.
>>
>>14008732
>lol 2 american brands in top 15
>both senior citizen tier and probably only do 1000km in a year
>>
>>14010667
>FRS/BRZ
>somehow a benchracers car

are you FUCKING KIDDING ME /o/
>>
>>14010678
The only reason anyone bought it over the NC Miata (or ND now) was that it had marginally less lolnopower. It's always been heavier and slower than the MX-5. And that's even before we bring up the S2000, Kappa, and E85 Z4 on the used market.
>>
>>14010696
They bought it because it had solid roof and a rear shelf and they maybe preferred the way it looked. How the fuck do you say it's a benchracer's car when it benchraces terribly in stock trim?
>>
>>14010678
whoa buddy calm down. I can taste the salt from across the atlantic
>>
>>14010728
I just don't get how /o/ can possibly be this stupid. The car benchraces terribly.
>>
File: 1422082954430.jpg (95 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1422082954430.jpg
95 KB, 676x676
>>14010667
Holy shit I think you need more sleep mein friend
>>
>>14010707
MX-5 PRHT also has a solid roof. Not that the roof makes a difference. If you're worried that the car will be too loud without a roof, then at least you aren't trapped in a tiny room with an angry cricket. If you're worried about torsional rigidity, you should probably find out whether the 86 is more rigid than a convertible that's been engineered to be rigid despite lacking a roof.
>>
The problem with the FR-S is that reviewers get in one, drive it around a bit, and say "this is what it means to be a sports car; modern automakers have forgotten how to do this." Which is completely fine. More than fine. But then fanboys latch on to that line and repeat it not just in reference to current lineups (which are entirely soulless shitbuckets, yes), but also in reference to the previous generation of genuine sports cars.

The FR-S is a sports car, yes. It's one of the few remaining. But it's not the greatest sports car that's ever been made. It's not the greatest sports car in recent history. It's not even the greatest sports car currently in production. It's in this jack-of-all-trades place between the MX-5 and the Mustang and the Genesis Coupe where it's a sports car that tries to be muscular and tries to be a grand tourer but ends up just diluting the experience, when the experience is really what being a sports car is all about.
>>
>>14010788
I hope most of us know that.
>>14010753
I just like a solid roof in case there's some horrible accident.
>>
>>14010799
>He thinks a roof is going to save him in a rollover
I have much more faith in most aftermarket roll bars than just about anything stock. Most cars are engineered to allow the least safety permissible by the law (or at least the least safety required to get into the top test bracket). I do like overengineering in my safety devices.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.