[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scion Pure Price Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: scionpurebs.png (118 KB, 640x550) Image search: [Google]
scionpurebs.png
118 KB, 640x550
This is a PSA for prospective Scion buyers:

Scion Pure Price means that dealers set a price for a vehicle and advertise it and do not negotiate from that price. Not all Scion dealers participate in Pure Price. It is very possible to buy a Scion for less at a dealership that doesn't do Pure Price.

Scion Pure Price DOES NOT MEAN that vehicles sell at MSRP and it cannot be changed. This is true ONLY IF the dealership sets their Scion Pure Price as the MSRP of the vehicle, in which case, don't be an idiot. Buy somewhere else where the Pure Price is below MSRP or at a non-Pure Price dealership. If you're paying $20,000 for an iM, you're an idiot.

Furthermore, since the Scion website only works by MSRP, the quote you receive from them for Pure Process will be at MSRP, so you're an idiot if you take that to a dealership and think you are getting a good deal.

tl;dr: Car business hasn't changed, don't let stupid Scion marketing pull the wool over your eyes because "millenials are educated shoppers who demand transparency" or some bullshit. Buying a car Pure Process will be the easiest car buying experience you will ever have. It's actually cool building a car and getting a direct approval at your nearest Pure Process dealership. But if your market area price is below MSRP, which is most places for Scion, it's idiotic.
>>
File: 1423459132795.jpg (27 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1423459132795.jpg
27 KB, 240x251
>>14007419

>no-haggle pricing

Literally for beta C U C K S who can't into negotiation
>>
>>14007437
Obviously, but if you want to buy an FR-S and the convenient dealership is pure process, make sure the price you can't haggle at is actually a fair price. If it isn't a pure process dealership, then haggle away.
>>
>>14007419
>buying new cars
Why the fuck would you ever do this? Do you realize the insane mark-up you're paying just to put the first 30k-50k on a car? New car buyers are fucking idiots. Let somebody else be that idiot.

I can buy a 3 year old 335i with only 30k miles for HALF the original MSRP. You would have to be the biggest retard in Autistralia to pay for an item that depreciates that quickly, but dumbfucks line up to do it every single day.
>>
>>14007528
BMW depreciates a hell of a lot quicker than a Toyota, but nonetheless, you're an idiot because half the prestige of owning a luxury vehicle is owning the latest model year/series. You're the poser picking up sloppy seconds. The average luxury car buyer gets a new car every 18 months in the USA.

Also, some cars like a WRX you never really want to buy used if you can avoid it because a lot of previous owners abuse the shit out of them and you don't know what you're getting into.
>>
>>14007528
Worth it for abusable cars as >>14007589 pointed out. Also, knowing everything that's been done to it is nice.
>>
>>14007589
>prestige
>poser
You assume I give a single fuck about how a car makes me look rather than what the car is. I don't give a fuck about prestige, I just believe a 3 year old 335 is more car for your money than a new Accord.
>>
I just bought an iA for $24k
Paying $350 after 5k down.
I'm 22 so i got cosigner and building credit.
Already got the money to pay it off.
Sometimes it's just nice to have something new and shiny to treat yourself.
You fags that only buy used shitboxes need to expand yourselves.
>>
>>14007934
You literally bought a shitbox appliance
>>
>>14007934
>Sometimes it's just nice to have something new and shiny to treat yourself.
Well at 22 I'm sure you deserve a treat. After 6 long years of driving some wretched shitbox that had someone else's ass on it before yours. How did you live? Well never you mind young pup, all is well now.
>>
>>14007934
An iA for $20k? Are you sure that you don't mean an iM? I work at a Toyota dealership and within 500 miles there isn't a single iA with an MSRP above ~17,500.

We do Scion Pure Price. The price of the vehicle is exactly MSRP. No markup above that. However, if we really want a Scion gone, we will take $2,000 off MSRP.

Find a good dealership to buy from or work at you dumb faggots.
>>
>>14007973
Er, $24,000 I mean. Even fucking worse.

There is no God damn way you paid $24k for an iA if you live in the USA. If you did you got ripped off so incredibly fucking hard that it is probably illegal. Enjoy your Jewish prices Mazda 2, either way.
>>
>>14007973
Well i got everything they offered service wise, everything on it's covered for 6 years.
I didn't care about the orice anyway, i can afford it so what the fuck. I'm probably gonna die before i spend all my money.
>14007962
And yeah i did, i've been working 3 jobs on and off since high school to buy whatever i want.
>>
>>14007973

I made this thread because my friend is a Scion sales manager at a dealership and he told me he purchased his FR-S at a different dealership because his dealership wouldn't budge from their pure price (MSRP) for anyone, including him. He got his FR-S for like three grand less at another place. I decided to see if what he was saying made any sense because it sounds ridiculous, but it is actually true. If you're smart, don't go to a pure price dealership that has their pure price at MSRP. Not even the people who sell the cars there want to buy it there.
>>
Bought an FR-S in '12 (no used market then fuckwits) can confirm OP, same slimy tactics as always, never buying from a dealership again if I can help it.
>>
>>14008005

No seriously, you got ripped off hard, even with the extra 3 year warranty. An absolute too trim iA doesn't get anywhere near $20k.

Dude what's your VIN? I want to look at how much it cost the dealership vs. how much you paid.

You may seriously have gotten fucking jewed over harder than Jesus.
>>
>>14008005
I don't think you get it dude... it's like impossible to pay $24,000 for an iA. You would have to negotiate UP to get to that price. I would otherwise think you got screwed on interest rate or something because you have limited credit history, but you got a cosigner...

Unless of course you are baiting us.
>>
>>14008006

We sell ours at Pure Price until we felt like just getting the pieces of shit off of our lot.

I'm also a sales manager. We have plenty of people paying sticker price for Toyota's so we rarely have a hard time selling Scion's at MSRP.
>>
>>14008022
What does it matter if i can afford it, i wanted a new car and I got it. I'm happy with all my shit.
I make enough not to care about being jewed and it makes me look like a baller to spend what I want. Car related or not.
I live in Los Angeles so maybe that's why it was more but who cares man.
I don't.
>>
>>14008043
Isn't there a huge problem with Toyota if a pure process dealership is found to have sold a car not at the pure price? Are you guys just secret squirrel about it?

Also, where do you live where people pay sticker for Toyota? Camry and Corolla are selling like $1-2k under INVOICE here!
>>
>>14008037
>>14008022
He's a little rich bitch boy. Mommy and daddy bought him the car and he doesn't know how much they paid for it so he pulled a number out of his ass and claimed to have bought it himself (like all young kids with new cars do).
>>
>>14008037

This exactly. You're either baiting us or such an amazingly idiotic piece of shit that you should be removed from civilization. You cannot but an iA for $24k unless someone just straight up lied to you about price.

And you got all of the service options? Wow congratulations dumbfuck. Toyota Care/Scion Service Boost are included in the purchase of a vehicle. It is not an added cost. Then on top of that you purchased a 3 year warranty of some sort. You'd still come in under $20k after taxes/fees. Fuck dude you're an utter retard
>>
>>14008056
>it makes me look like a baller
I don't see how you could possibly not look like a baller in a Scion iA. They might as well have made the seats out of pussy and lubricated it with pure Swagoline.
>>
>>14008070
... yeah this sounds like the most likely explanation
>>
>>14008059

No it really isn't a big problem... Unless they charge over, or some shit. My General Manager does our Scion pricing when he lowers them. I know for a fact that if we got fined by Toyota, he wouldn't do it. So it may be related to how long the vehicles have been on the lot. We only price Scion's down when we have had them for like a fucking year.

Additionally, I live in a mostly middle/upper middle/rich area.

We price our Camry's at -$1,100 invoice and Corolla's at -$800 invoice. But for things like Tacoma's, 4Runner's, or like Camry XLE V6', we don't have trouble selling at sticker.

We have a large dedicated customer base. That also helps.
>>
wow you guys are upset for no reason, i didn't realize you were all idiots with no money.

>>14008070
You especially sound deliciously jealous and butthurt.
>>
>>14008056
>baller in a scion iA
>bragging about being upside down on a loan you won't come near breaking even on in 2 or more years
Yeah all the girls in LA are overlooking the kids in Ferraris and Bentleys for your scion.
>>
>>14008071
I just hit every option on the Scion website and the iA comes out to $22k, most of that is service and warranty bullshit.

Dealerships like to add on stuff like clear bras and floor mats and seat covers at like 300% markup, factor in L.A. which is full of dipshits who will drop money sign up for debt at the drop of a hat an iA for $24k is totally believable.

I saw someone pay $40k for an FR-S in '12.
>>
>>14008056
Uh dude I can afford an iA for $24k too, but seeing as how a too trim one isn't even into the $19,000's, there is something hilariously grim and idiotic about your purchase.

So, yeah I could afford it, but that's not what it's worth, so I'd rather not spend it.

Not a single person on earth looks baller in a fucking iA. That rebadged Mazda 2 is a horrible piece of shit in every conceivable way and God damn Toyota for selling them

You're a dumb spoiled faggot and you will never make it anywhere in life beyond your father's coattails.

Oh and if you're a troll then congratulations.
>>
>>14008110
>an iA for $24k is totally believable.

Actually factoring in taxes and fees that's probably spot on what it costs to buy one "fully loaded" in California.
>>
>>14008103
If only my mommy and daddy could afford a new $15k economy car for me to drive. Oh well, maybe someday they'll make something of their worthless lives and then I can ball hard just like you.
>>
>>14008130
Bitter poorfag nigger detected.
Typical response to someone talking about more money than you make in a year.
>>
>>14007868
How many miles are the turbos good for?
>>
>>14008110

I haven't seen a single iA allocated to any deership within 500-1,000 miles of me go beyond $18,000 MSRP.

Dealerships do like to add dumb shit, but you're forgetting the fact that dealerships exist in reality. No one adds $6,000 of options to an iA. 99% of customers know that iA's are disgusting shitboxes and won't pay much above MSRP. Dealerships don't really like gambles because they like making money, not getting stuck with a fucking $24,000 iA.
>>
>>14007934
>treat yourself
>with an iA
>for $24k
There is so much wrong with this post. Am I being rused?
>>
>>14008103
It's a <20k econobox. What the fuck are we jealous about. You even payed 24k haha

There are objectively better cars then the iA at that price point. This just proves you did little to no research on your purchase and made an impulsive decision to buy a shiny object
>>
>>14008147

Welp, Scion is telling me there's one in my area as I spec'd it for $23k now that I got all the options I missed, not sure if the link will work but here it is.

https://www.scion.com/inventory#!/summary?series=ia&year=2016&modelCode=6262&vehicleId=00000-895cd889-cc86-4bfc-bc59-c3e5f6090c45&dealerCode=04454&color=041W&accessories=MWL,MSD,MEF,MA6,MCT,MCN,MG0,MAR,MCF,VSA05,SSBP04,GAP04&zipCode=95120
>>
>>14008056

Does baller mean idiot? Serious question. Haven't been keeping up with modern lingo.
>>
But seriously who cares about this stupid anon. people with money either spend it or save every they can. You stop penny pinching after you make enough to buy whatever you want no hassle. >>14008168
>better sub compact than the iA
Name one faggot, it's ugly as fuck but it's better than all the other SCs out right now. More fun to drive too, I can't get no fucking zoom zoom out of a ford fiesta.
>>
>>14008147
Bro, bro, bro you just don't get it. He pays $6k above MSRP for an entry level Scion because he's a BALLER. Him and all his bitches roll 5 MOTHERFUCKING deep in his Scion iA out to Red Lobster. He pounds cheddar biscuits and always tips 60%. You wouldn't understand.
>>
File: fedora-scion-iq-2.png (926 KB, 1300x1310) Image search: [Google]
fedora-scion-iq-2.png
926 KB, 1300x1310
>>14008185
did you get the fedora option?
>>
File: fedora-scion-iq.png (48 KB, 1174x356) Image search: [Google]
fedora-scion-iq.png
48 KB, 1174x356
sass quotient bro
>>
>>14008185
>106hp

WHAT hahaha

My fucking 2001 prius has more horsepower
>>
>>14007419
Pro-tip: The only large dealership I know of that actually sticks to the 'no-haggle' formula is carmax. Anything else anywhere can be negotiated. ESPECIALLY new cars. The only questions become how stubborn you are and how much time you want to spend on the process
>>
>>14008218
It can probably go faster anyway, it doesn't weigh anything.
>>
File: 1449637638629.png (41 KB, 1174x131) Image search: [Google]
1449637638629.png
41 KB, 1174x131
>>14008209
i fixed your image
>>
the iM is still cool though right guys

guys
>>
>>14008386
I like both the iA and iM.
I like the sedan mkre though. But i would drive both. The iA seems fun from what I hear since it's so light and has the mazda everything under the fish shell.
>>
Jesus Christ, is buying a car really that hard in the USA?

In the developed world, the car companies own the dealerships. The advertised price is the price you pay, at any dealership in the country.
>>
File: 1351060865052.png (158 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1351060865052.png
158 KB, 300x300
>>14007419
I dealt with this shit a few months back when looking at the BRZ/FR-S.

Reposting:
kek. I was at the Scion "dealership" a few weeks ago, and the salesman mentioned all of this "pure pricing" bullshit

>"With Pure-Pricing™, you get the exact price of the car, the exact way you want it, with no haggling and no headache."
>start building my FRS
>cheaper than the Limited BRZ
>doesn't even come with fucking floor mats
>add floor mats and trunk mat
>add nav, fog lights, and spoiler to make it similar to the Limited BRZ
>no option for leather
>already more expensive than the Limited BRZ price I was quoted (after negotiating)
>salesman says "I have to call my manager."
>here-we-go.jpg
>manager comes in
>starts haggling
>still more expensive
>leave
>salesman follows me out
>"Don't let my manager know I'm saying this, but if you come back in a week, we might be able to knock a few hundred off."
>still would be more expensive, with less stuff
>leave
>feel dirty

Truly the poorfag horseshit edition.
>>
>>14010742
>be at Scion marketing meeting
>"this millenial generation likes things to be transparent and easy and at-the-click-of-a-button and don't want to buy cars like their parents did"
>"let's make everything easy and up-front for them to buy a car with something called pure price and wrap it into a bunch of cool things on our website"
>"appeal to sense of justice and honesty and trendiness"
>"... this is how we get a bunch of idiot kids to pay sticker"
>lulz all around
>>
>>14008200
Please don't tell me this is real.
>>
>>14012837
It is absolutely real. There were many threads about it.
>>
File: Scion-Swag-Machine.jpg (81 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Scion-Swag-Machine.jpg
81 KB, 720x960
>>14012837
that's scion all right
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.