[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw now that gas prices are going down i'm seeing more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: The-Lincoln-Town-Car.jpg (208 KB, 2199x1212) Image search: [Google]
The-Lincoln-Town-Car.jpg
208 KB, 2199x1212
>tfw now that gas prices are going down i'm seeing more panther platform cars and their similar rivals all over
>Hummers popping up out of hiding
its like it's the early 2000's again
>>
>tfw the platform is dead and Ford will never make cars like that again
>tfw big V8 sedans arent a thing anymore
>>
Anyone else notice a shit ton of early 2000s SUVs on the road? Mostly in poorer neighborhoods.

How do they afford the gas? It's low right now but what happens when it goes up?
>>
>>14007200
>It's low right now but what happens when it goes up?

Shouldn't go up for awhile and poor people never fill up past 1/4 so they can't tell the difference
>>
>>14007200
>he doesn't realize that poor people sell their food stamps and or deal drugs

Also, they only put $5 a day in and ride around on fumes constantly.
>>
>>14007200

>He thinks everyone only owns 1 car

Gotta have one comfy, one fun.
>>
It's so sad the panthers were killed by the recessions.
It's so good that the panthers are dead though.
They're fucking ancient technology, and the location of that blower motor resistor.
Fucking terrible.

Only like 1 panther even got the 4v 4.6. What a sham.
If they brought it back I fucking demand a 4v of the cheapest ford v8 in production.
>>
File: cabs.jpg (900 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
cabs.jpg
900 KB, 1200x800
>>14007231
>t's so sad the panthers were killed by the recessions.
though you can thank police and taxis for them hanging in there as long as they did. I mean, police and taxis still use them. Although Sandy wiped out many in NY here :C
>>
>>14007325
That's a sad picture m8, why did you have to post that. :(

>tfw still see CV cops and taxis every day in the midwest
Good feels +bh
>>
>>14007340
on the bright side, while police and taxis were wiped out, I see lincolns and mercurys every day civilian versions so thats a plus
>>
>>14007231
>panthers were killed by the recession

Panthers were killed because they no longer met side crash requirements or emissions. They weren't supposed to last this long in the first place.

All the tooling at STAP was worn the fuck out after stamping out they same body for 20 years.

And blower motor resistors are easy as fuck on them. EATC ones are a little worse especially on rauder's, but still simple compared to many other cars.
>>
Ive got a '94 Town car near me, seems clean. good condition, only thing it really seems to need is the rear passenger handle replaced. Asking is 1800, though I can talk them down to 1500, maybe 14.

should I? thing is sleek as fuck
>>
>>14007762
As long as you don't intend to mod it. 91-95's 4.6's are the worse in that regard. Also notorious for burning oil do to shitty valve seals.

Otherwise if it's clean it's not a bad car.
>>
>>14007177
these are bad feels
>>
File: DSC_2076.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2076.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>14007340
If you want worse feels, those were the last brand new batch of taxis delivered then the hurricane came and totaled them all.

>tfw filling up is still less than $40
>>
>>14007325
Holy shit anon, this is a blue board
>>
>>14008630
at least it killed a bunch of those shitty taxi vans that nobody likes. Especially the disabled, for whom they were specifically put in service for
>>
File: Crown Victoria.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Crown Victoria.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>
>>14007762
IMO the '95-'97 dash looks a gorillian times better than the '90-'94 and wouldn't buy one on that merit alone.

>>14008630
>tell guy it's bad feels
>hey guy, this should make it worse

Y-y-you MONSTER!!!

Also, does your car have cancer?
>>
File: tumblr_ntjk9hClIP1rsdpaso1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntjk9hClIP1rsdpaso1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>14007762

>>14008420
>>14010423

I think it IS 95 actually, not 94.

how much mileage is too high on one of them? it's got 144k or so
>>
>>14010664
My '95 had 270k when I traded it in on my current DD.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.