[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't the left hand lane a minimum speed of 70 (max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 41RXR01aX4L._SY300_[1].jpg (12 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
41RXR01aX4L._SY300_[1].jpg
12 KB, 225x300
Why isn't the left hand lane a minimum speed of 70 (max of 80) and the right hand normal?
>>
>>14006720
Because then there is no point to the speed limit and it should just be 80.
>>
>>14006726
No, I'm saying ticket people who drive under 70 in the left lane.

The whole point of road rules is to manage behavior but all the current rules do is encourage people to pass at high speeds on the right.
>>
>>14006739
>No, I'm saying ticket people who drive under 70 in the left lane.
So you want to make it so people can't go anything but exactly 70mph while passing?
>>
>>14006755
"Why isn't the left hand lane a minimum speed of 70 (max of 80)"
Are you dyslexic senpai?
>>
>>14006739
You see that word LIMIT? Inside your head, this word transforms to TARGET. 70 is the maximum speed you are allowed to travel in at this road. This sign does not mean 70 and above.
>>
>>14006776
That's not dyslexia, that's poor reading comprehension.
>>
File: 186lzd4j8zkp5jpg.jpg (57 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
186lzd4j8zkp5jpg.jpg
57 KB, 800x450
>>14006720

I miss when the worst state had the best speed limit.
>>
Some places in the USa will ticket you for going 65 in the left lane.
fucking soccer moms.
>>
>>14006720
Because that's not how a left lane works. Just enforce "Keep right unless overtaking" much harder than it is, and it'll be fine.
>>
this is retarded, what it should be is passing only, and when passing a minimum of at least 5 mph faster than the car you're passing
>>
File: 1445120577751.png (117 KB, 482x484) Image search: [Google]
1445120577751.png
117 KB, 482x484
>driving to work in under 10 minutes by going 90 in the left lane
>>
>>14007101
I love living in Georgia. Cops dont give a single fuck about speeding compared to other states. I did 90 the whole way to college this morning at 4 AM and I saw not a SINGLE cop. Unless your doing something stupid, and they see it, they just don't seem to care.
>>
>>14007111
Trips confirm: you can get away with things you don't get caught doing.
>>
Because in California the right lane is beat to shit from tractor trailers and doesn't get repaved, so lingering in the left lane is normal and expected at any speed.

>mfw norcal meets started happening AFTER I moved to SC
>>
>>14007111
Doesn't Georgia have lower speedlimits on the highway?

I seem to remember from years ago Georgia being full of state troopers and speed traps from small stupid towns... maybe that's Kentucky?
>>
>>14007158
nope, its GA.

Speed traps everywhere between the middle of the month and end of the month.
>>
>>14006776
And I told you why that makes no sense.
>>
>>14007088
>what it should be is passing only,
It is.
>and when passing a minimum of at least 5 mph faster than the car you're passing
That's silly.
>>
>>14007207
Then what is that idiot talking about?
>>
>>14007232
No, that prevents people from creating rolling roadblocks.
>>
>>14006720
In Australia there is just a set speed limit and going 20km/h under that is illegal.
>>
>>14007251
Too bad. You can pass someone and go 1mph faster than them, but you can't match their speed. You aren't passing at that point and you aren't allowed in the left lane.
>>
>>14006720
i always do the speed limit on my motorcycle
i never lane split either
people who do either of the above are degenerates
>>
>>14007260
1mph difference is basically matching their speed, it takes forever.
>>
Pass only in the left lane. Do not lollygag.
>>
If they want to lessen traffic and save the environment they should allow the carpool lane speed limit 10 faster and increase the fine for going solo 3x.

Make people carpool more for legal speed.
>>
>people who do either of the above are degenerates

Except proper lane splitting is a legit way to ease traffic and keep from being rear-ended
>too bad it's illegal in your state so you think it's a problem
>>
>>14007416
Filtering is a way to ease traffic and keep from being rear ended. Lane splitting is stupidity.
>>
>>14007256
It varies a lot in the US. Michigan is 70 for most cars and pickups, 60 for big rigs, and a 55 minimum. MI thinking or raising some parts to 80. Other states have their own speeds.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.