[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Airbags do more harm than good. >#NOMOREAIRBAGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Airbag_02.jpg (93 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
Airbag_02.jpg
93 KB, 1280x782
Airbags do more harm than good.
>#NOMOREAIRBAGS
>>
you sound like a boomer.
>>
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 1020x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 1020x680
y-yeah

Airbags are so uncool guys
>>
"It's OK if I crash into that 80's heap of crap, I've got airbags!"
>>
This has to be bait.
>>
>>14005472
Perhaps you shouldn't be such a weakling then
>>
>>14005472
In some cases, yes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32969986
>>
>>14005472
I don't know where I stand on this issue, but my wife is a nurse. She says that people who wear their seatbelts and have airbags deployed in an accident have more injuries than those who just wear seatbelts and have no airbags.
>>
>>14009384
Any data from no seatbelt, no airbags, and a convertible without a rollbar?
>>
>>14009389
he said his wife is a nurse, not a grave robber
>>
File: uNeTDsl.gif (4 MB, 313x163) Image search: [Google]
uNeTDsl.gif
4 MB, 313x163
>>14009384
we as a species are doomed if have we protect the dumbest people in society from themselves
>>
>>14009421
Forget the cheap Chinese segways and tickle me Elmo's, all new for the Christmas 2015 season, baby brain damage. This limited time As Seen on TV™ offer can be yours for 3 easy payments of $9.95.*

*may take 6-12 weeks for coma recovery
*baby or retarded parent not included
>>
>>14009384
Maybe most of the no airbags people die so the only ones she sees are the minor accidents
>>
>>14009384
That's because the ones that were in an accident without airbags were probably in a low impact crash. The nurse can't see dead people for high impact crashes where their was no airbags.
>>
>>14009384
The theory is minor injuries is better than being dead.
>>
>>14009384
I think the reasoning is that it's worth 90% of people getting banged unnecessarily if it saves the lives of the other 10%.
>>
>>14009421
this is not a rekt thread
>>
I agree with you OP. My girlfriends father always tells me to get a car with airbags but I hat airbags. They can actually hurt you more. Once had an accident with a friend and was really happy his car didn^t have airbags as I wear glasses and that would have really hurt.
"Jesus is my airbag"
>>
>>14009384
That's called survivor bias. The US Army Air Corps fell for the same thing during WW2, by assuming that most planes were getting shot in the wings because those were the ones coming back from bomb runs.
>>
>>14005472
here is a fact for you chrysler was the first car to have airbag fitted as standard equipment. why was it fitted? blame ralph nader for lazy american who doesnt wear seatbelt.

>why do want a device in my car that punches me in the face because i crashed?
>>
>>14005472
Watch some ancap crash tests and you will see how important air bags are.
Sure they might break your nose but they also keep your head from cracking open against the dashboard.
>>
>>14009448
Sounds like a pretty stupid theory to me!
>>
>>14005472

They make A pillars absolutely huge in some cars, obscuring visibility.
>>
>>14009740
I wear a seatbelt.
If my head touches the dash despite this, my neck will probably snap anyway.
>>
File: 1405864142001.jpg (61 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1405864142001.jpg
61 KB, 500x434
>tfw your nanny state doesn't let you install a sports steering wheel if the stock one had an airbag
>>
>>14009775
being so dumb you want to remove a potentially life-saving feature of your car for no reason
>>
>>14009795
Why can't you let my own personal safety be my own concern? A missing airbag will affect absolutely no one but myself.
>>
File: 1430549126302_0.jpg (56 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1430549126302_0.jpg
56 KB, 500x380
>>14009800
America will gladly take people like you son.

God bless the US of A
>>
>>14009800
I don't disagree with that aspect, I support your right to kill yourself. I just think you're stupid for wanting to in the first place.
>>
>>14009800
When you die some EMT will have to scrape your head off the steering wheel though
>>
>>14009810
>hurr you'll die without an airbag
Guess all those race cars around the world are unsafe shit, huh.

Oh wait, no they're fucking not. Because they use actual safety improving methods.
>hurr cage and seat
You're on /o/, faggot. If you don't drive an 80s shitbox RWD with a turbo and a cage+seat+harness, leave.
>>
>>14009800
Somebody still has to pay for your funeral, damages that you caused, and take care of your debts. That shit doesn't just go away when you're dead. It's passed on to your closest kin
>>
>>14009816
Because people drive on the street with helmets, harnesses and rollcages, right?
>>
>>14009823
Why are you even here?

It's like you don't even have fingerless gloves and a scorpion jacket
>>
>>14009829
lel
>>
>>14009820
How exactly do I cause less damage with an airbag than without?

Also are you seriously moronic enough to suggest that it's beneficial to ban dying?
>>
>>14009546
You type like a god damn abbo
>>
>>14006883
Guessing that thing rides so high because the markets they sell it in tend to have more potholes than roads?
>>
>>14009384
That's because there are less survivors.
>>
>>14009820
>having debt
>having a funeral

boomer generation, everybody
>>
I'd take the broken nose and other minor injuries from an airbag rather than being dead be cause some hamplanet SJW soccer mom cunt, with her two special gender hamlets in the back, wasn't paying attention to the road and slams into me head on.

Also this thread reads like an anti- vaccine thread.
>Airbags cause injuries in an accident
>Ban airbags
>Vaccines cause autism.
>Ban vaccines.
>>
>>14010249
>living without debt in this day and age
Lol
>>
>>14009820

>damages you caused.

You're implying that not having an airbag in an accident will cause more damage to someone/something other than the driver? In what universe does that make sense?

>pay for your funeral.

Not true. When my mother hung herself a couple of years ago, we signed over rights to the state. All we did was identify her body and that was the last of it. The state would've cremated her if the crematory wasn't so backed up, so they literally put her in the cheapest box they could find, dug a hole in the ground, put her in it, and put a piece of cheap stone there to note who she is.

>take care of your debts.

This isn't an issue. The only time someone would be required to take on someone's debt is if they're a co-signer, which is the primary purpose of it. Otherwise, the only way to become responsible for a dead person's debt is if you claim their estate, which includes debts. If the estate is worth more than the debts, they'll take from the estate to pay off the debts. Then you're left with whatever is left. If the debt is worth more than the estate, then just don't claim it. Again, when my mother hung herself, she had tons of debt from creditors and shit she scammed. We didn't get a cent of debt passed to us, because we had the brains not to claim her estate.
>>
>>14010276
Your description of soccer mom and her spawn had me laughing uncontrollably. Thank you.
>>
ITT: people who have never experienced 50+ mph collisions.
>>
>>14010237
yeah it's pre-niggered
>>
>>14009478
they survived it's ok. Always wear a seatbelt even in a taxi.
>>
>>14009502
>as I wear glasses and that would have really hurt.

Airbags are specifically designed to deploy when the forces of the crash are strong enough to push you into the dashboard.

Even with glasses, a face full of airbag is infinitely better than a face full of hard plastics, wood, or metal.

If you're in a situation that requires an airbag - you're already in for some pain. Airbags save lives. Glasses really don't cause as much harm in an impact with an airbag as you'd think.

I'd rather have a broken nose than unrecognizable face/ death.
>>
File: supernatural-this-dramatic-zoom.gif (499 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
supernatural-this-dramatic-zoom.gif
499 KB, 250x150
>>14009507
So much this. Thank you.
>>
>>14009920
>>14010282
>Putting words in my mouth saying not having an airbag causes damages
No, if you cause an accident and die, who the hell is going to pay for all the shit you destroyed
>>
>>14009813
His fault for being EMT.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.