[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long till we get 400+hp 2L V8s in road cars? https://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 106 engine_619_591_90.jpg (89 KB, 619x591) Image search: [Google]
106 engine_619_591_90.jpg
89 KB, 619x591
How long till we get 400+hp 2L V8s in road cars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkucbdXSr0s
>>
>>14003453
Never
>>
i rater have a 3.5-4 liter v8 myself senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PasO8H3pmWw
>>
>>14003464
so when the environmentalists ban everything above 2l, you will be happy with your turbo 3 cylinder?
>>
>>14003486
Nice strawman.
>>
Never because motorcycle engines aren't built for mileage and would have to be rebuilt every five years on a daily driver, probably more often because of the low torque and higher strain of pulling the weight of a car instead of a bike.
>>
Do race cars not use air filters? How short-lived are their valves?
>>
>>14003529
Factory teams did design their engines, so that they pull maximum performance for almost exact race length.
Private teams have been using engines for several, to many races in a row. Even many 24h races.

So...not a problem, really.
>>
>>14003529
Air filters are designed for long term life, and short term keeping large quantities of air contaminants out.

You don't need your racing engine to last more than 25,000kms, and if you're racing through a dust storm you're either already using a bunch of filters or something has gone badly wrong.

>>14003453
Why the fuck would i want a 2L V8?
The F20C can already do 9,000rpm out of the box, using 2015 technology and a lack of shits to give and a 2L I4 could hit 10,000rpm.
There's no need for more cylinders when you can already rev to the moon
>>
>>14003453
We've had small high powered engines for ages now, F1's for example has been around for decades. These engines are expected to blow up within 500 miles so they'll never be put in cars.
>>
>>14003572
>>14003547
I thought race teams were limited in the amount of engines they could run though?
>>
>>14003529
>Do race cars not use air filters?
They do.
>>
>>14003585
F1, yeah. But engines can be rebuilt between races. Hell, even during a 24h race.
>>
>>14003453
>How long till we get 400+hp 2L V8s in road cars?
How much money do you have to spend?
>>
never
you caN'T make that power reliability
how u gonna make that shit last 100K miles being abused?
>>
>>14003572
I like revving out the first 3 gears of my car only to look down and see that I'm only going 35. Its excellent for fuel economy I hear.
>>
>>14003453
When it becomes profitable, economical and practical.
>PROTIP: NEVER
>>
>>14003572
>The F20C can already do 9,000rpm out of the box, using 2015 technology and a lack of shits to give and a 2L I4 could hit 10,000rpm.
Here's a hint Hondaclown, 'technology' and the general state thereof is not an inhibiting or deciding factor in making any engine rev high. First, there needs to be a will to commit to such a street engine. And here's another helpful hint, as time goes on and industry standards evolve, the will to do so diminishes exponentially.
>>
>>14003572
The F20C actually can't be made in 2015 because of emissions.
>>
>>14007147
maybe Ford can't but Honda can
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.