[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Is Range Rover the Rolls-Royce of 4x4s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
>Is Range Rover the Rolls-Royce of 4x4s?
>>
No its a shit tier suv that breaks down and has lost all credibility now that pajeet bought them
>>
I just bought a Range Rover Sport, supposed to get here end of the month, so I hope it is pretty comfy. First time owning a Land Rover. I looked at the proper Range Rover but it was a bit big.

I wouldn't say it's a Rolls-Royce but it did drive rather well. I was surprised test driving it, when I started SUV shopping I was pretty sure I was getting a Cayenne.
>>
Not anymore since Bentley has one
>>
>>14003354
What is the most reliable model of Range Rover?
>>
>>14003347
It's a shit car that only cunts buy.
>>
>>14003388
A Classic
>>
Are the cup holders deep enough for a Venti Latte from Starbucks?
>>
>>14003388
The L405, probably.
>>
>>14003347
my sister got a new one and she hates it.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 476x357
That's a weird way to spell Lexus LX OP
>>
>>14003521
why?
>>
>>14003549
for the amount of money spent on it, the car kinda sucks. Tech wise the car is from 2009. It does have a couple cool features but none justify a 100k price tag. She is more than likely going to go back to a BWM x5
>>
>>14003347

Range Rover is the Dacia of 4x4s

No it's worse. It's like a ridiculously overpriced Dacia of the 4x4s.

So many problems, so many expensive parts that need fixing all the time, from what I have seen.
>>
I hope you won't cry when Jamal steals it. Pre-Tata Range Rovers were amazing now it's just a poorly built ugly POS.
>>
>>14003573
>Tech wise the car is from 2009
What?
>>
>>14003580

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/motoring/article4248707.ece
>>
>>14003599
>Linking to a pay to read internet news source
Seriously it's 2015 dude.
>>
>>14003388
Classic

>Carb'd Vee Ate
>No electrics, even a radio was optional
>Can be cleaned with a hose, inside and out
>>
Land rover is so bad now they even fucked up the Defender.
>>
>>14003634
That's confirmed not going into production, thank fuck

I don't see why they can't just give the EU the finger and keep making the current defender. It's not like EU sales are a significant portion of the sales.
>>
>>14003634
Jesus you're a moron. That isn't real and never has been.
>>
>>14003633
>Carb'd Vee Ate
That's not a good thing.
>No electrics, even a radio was optional
Uh...What do you think the ignition system and the lights and everything else electric ran on? Magic?
>Can be cleaned with a hose, inside and out
Nothing to do with reliability.
>>
>>14003672
>That's not a good thing.
Better than Lucas injection on the later models
>Uh...What do you think the ignition system and the lights and everything else electric ran on? Magic?
Simple as fuck cables that actually work, as opposed to later RRs that are full of electrics that break all the time
>Nothing to do with reliability.
Try cleaning a new RR with a hose, see what happens
>>
>>14003587
The electronics / nav system looks like 2009, but not sure what else is dated on it. Tech wise actually looks pretty good.
>>
>>14003625

Doesn't make it any less true, idiot.
>>
>>14003754
Got a screenshot? I'm not paying to read that
>>
Fucked visibility and stupid coupe version aside, the Evoque is a work of art.
>>
>>14004540
>Fucked visibility

Fucking right. I got hit on my VFR cause of someone who couldn't see me when she was backing up. Backup cam wasn't working apparently and good luck seeing stuff at certain angles with that thing's pillars
>>
>>14004540
>>14004579
One of the main reasons soccer moms buy Land Rovers is for that great visibility. I find it strange they'd fuck that up.

I drove a RR the other day and it was very easy to see out of.
>>
File: rollsroyce.jpg (280 KB, 565x377) Image search: [Google]
rollsroyce.jpg
280 KB, 565x377
older RRs are fucking beautiful when offroad modified.

they should get into the rock climbing/offroad baja market.
>>
>>14004713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e34raV919ho

forgot the vid
>>
i get the feeling no one in this thread has even driven one. They might be shit but there hasn't been any real evidence on way or the other here other than one guy saying the Nav was dated.

People like these things
>>
>>14003347
Let's see...
>Very comfortable
>Rather vulgar nowadays, but didn't used to be
>Breaks down a lot, apparently
>Very popular with Arabs and new money

More like the Maserati of 4x4s, I reckon.
>>
Anyone had any experiences with 05 - 09 RR Sports? Looking into getting one as I am traveling more miles now, in comparison to the usual comute to the office. Any costs of miles and 'wear and tear' will be covered by the company so not worried about fuel efficiency in that case.

Either that or a Defender, family have always had Land Rovers (25+ ranging from Series 1s, 'Classic' Range Rovers and Sports) and protest against having any 4x4 other than one.

Anyone know the changes within these years (non-aesthetic) or at least a source which can tell me this?

>2.7l V6 for insurance purposes.
>>
>>14003389
Stick to your AE86 senpai.
>>
>>14005305
The fuck...senpai, I said senpai... not senpai.

this is shit, desu senpai.
>>
>>14005317
SENPAI
>>
>>14005317
Wordfilters, baka desu senpai.
>>
>>14005328
f a m...
>>
>>14005338
>>14005340
Check and Mate.

t b h f a m
b
h

f
a
n
>>
>>14005268
Back on topic... senpai
>>
>>14005268
I know the previous Sport (prior to 14) was on a Discovery chassis. I'm not sure about those years though.
>>
>>14005449
Yeah, I knew of that... pretty ironic really.
>>
>>14003546
you meant rebadged land cruiser?

>>14003347
Personally i would go for X5M as it doesn't stand that much from normal x5 nowadays and its way quicker. Besides where i live, every second car is a new range rover sport. If you really looking for that rolls royce finish feel, go for the big range rover and take it to overfinch for retrim.
>>
>>14006218
Essex? kek
>>
>>14006218
>you meant rebadged land cruiser?

Better in every single way.
>>
>>14006218
>rebadged land cruiser

In this case this only adds to its value.
>>
No it's the Jaguar of 4x4s.
Literally.
>>
File: RR_Cullinan_prototype.jpg (54 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
RR_Cullinan_prototype.jpg
54 KB, 900x596
>>14003347
rolls royce is the rolls royce of 4x4s
>>
>>14003354
I disagree, the new models have been pretty solid in my experience. I just sold my 2010 and had zero issues with it. Some of the pre-09's had tons of electrical problems, but they're back on the upswing.
>>
>>14009078
Uh, no. How could it be better?
>>
>>14009822
What did you replace it with? Would you buy a 2015/16?
>>
>>14009774
This thing whenever they get it to production will be the most luxurious thing ever
>>
>>14009955
I replaced it with a C63 AMG. If I had the funds, yes I would buy a 2015 if that's what I was in the market for.
>>
>>14010759
I just bought a RR, that's why I ask. I had a C63 AMG Black for 3 months, it was pretty fucking fun. Problem with the Black Series is the tires were so soft that even under normal driving they were only going to be good for 3k miles or so, and on a track I can't imagine how fast I'd have went through them (probably last one day that's it).

So I think the C63 AMG is probably a better choice than the Black if you are going to drive it. The ride was a little rough in the Black Series but maybe the 63 will be better. I had the rear seat delete option too, which made it kind of worthless as daily driver for me.

Either way sold it for what I had in it after 3 months / drove it for free. Fun burnout machine.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1024x683
>>14010770
That's awesome. The BS is my dream car. Still out of my price range but I have time.
>>
>>14010940
My favorite BS is the CLK55 Black. It's older but has a cult following so the values stayed kind of high but still reasonable .. Fun to drive and looks like a DTM car.
>>
>>14011246
63* sorry
>>
>>14011246
Ever see the CLK DTM AMG?
>>
>>14012302
Yes, I drove one. For a while they were bringing them to the US and homologize them / make them legal. Kind of an expensive process, I forget what it entailed as that way a while ago. They made a coupe and then later a convertible.

Those are really cool, but really the CLK55 Black accomplished the same thing and you didn't have to make them legal here in the US. The DTM would have been a good car to have as a collector though. In a while those will be worth something pretty big.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 720x479
>>14012346
I can imagine... I was in. 8th or 9th grade when those came out. Had a pic of one on my binder for English haha. This weekend I'm getting the rest of my trim blacked out with vinyl, pretty excited. It was a great touch on my S4 DTM.
>>
>>14012358
That will look good. Hopefully you'll find an excuse to post some pictures at some point.

>8th or 9th grade when those came out. Had a pic of one on my binder for English haha.
I was in college. The rear end always REALLY wanted to come around on it. That's part of what is so charming about them, but it's a handful. If you ever get around a CLK55 Black make sure to open the trunk, it's pretty cool how light it is. Sort of strange that the door is heavy on them but the trunk is ultra light, I guess it was an easier spot to shed weight.

Problem with the CLK Black though was the suspension was so rough couldn't daily drive it (at least my back wouldn't take it), despite the car otherwise being pretty suitable for that in the right climate. Big trunk, enough clearance, etc. The fuel tanks on them are tiny though, only 16 gallons or something, so always have to fill them up.
One thing that is a shame with AMG is that they are now putting AMG on everything. I noticed looking for SUVs that, for example, there is now a GLE Coupe AMG 450... so a non-AMG motor car with an AMG badge on it. Seems to be other examples of that as well. Going to kill the brand doing that. :/
>>
File: image.jpg (551 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
551 KB, 1536x2048
>>14012516
I frequent the AR threads on /k/ a lot... I'll post pics here but if you miss them find me there.
>>
>>14012545
Sounds good. Take care!
>>
>>14003347

Well the range rover is like the land cruiser...except with 3 less seats, breaks down all the time and has the class aurora of a band a retards playing flight of the Valkyries with their assholes
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.