[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/O/ depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 21550777506_91170293b9_m(2).jpg (30 KB, 240x159) Image search: [Google]
21550777506_91170293b9_m(2).jpg
30 KB, 240x159
Face it guys, half of the threads on this board are dedicated to this topic, driving pleasure is dying off and were being propelled into a dark age

How do you plan to preserve your rwd naturally aspirated shitboxes until time takes the last of them away?
>>
i hate it when people fucking act like you OP

RWD cars will go extinct long after you are dead, and despite the recent increase in hybrids and electric technology, all of us will continue to drive gas powered vehicles for the next 100 years

calm the fuck down, dude
>>
File: cl--697035495.jpg (156 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cl--697035495.jpg
156 KB, 600x450
>sti gone to a worthless hybrid vegetable
>Mitsubishi discontinues the evos for crossovers
>Nissan claims that the Z models have been crossovers all along
>BMW makes fwd eco cars
>Mercedes moves to crossovers
>FCA discontinues the snek viper at its peak
>Porsche rips off Tesla
I don't even like reading auto related news anymore, its just all bad feels, sure there's companies like ford and mazda who are preserving it, but we all know it wont last.

I'll keep my fox running for as long as I can at this rate
>>
File: tfw_another_lose_for_o.jpg (57 KB, 306x340) Image search: [Google]
tfw_another_lose_for_o.jpg
57 KB, 306x340
>>14002085
Idk anon, things are moving pretty fast
>>
Cryofreezing my miata OP
>>
>>14002075
The same way I preserved my rotary telephone, CRT, and everything else that I used to think was so great until something better came along...........

Seriously br/o/, there are more choices in performance enthusiast cars now than probably at any point in history (I defy you to name a time when there was more choice). How can you make the argument that we're heading for a dark age when the 2015 car enthusiast in the market for a new car is so spoiled for choice? And the list isn't shrinking either, there are new rumors every day of new performance models and confirmations of new performance models coming to the US.
>>
nothing lasts forever.

that said, instead of being depressed about the end of something and counting down the days until its gone, enjoy the time you have with it.

By the way, enthusiast cars will not be dead for a very long time, even long after most driving is outlawed and pushed onto tracks and wilderness. In fact, with the rise of 3D Printing, kit cars will be easier and cheaper than ever to make, thus you'll see a lot more people having one for those days when they just want to drive and have fun.
>>
>>14002075
Don't cry because it's over.
Smile because it happened.
>>
LPG prices is going up
RWD is dying
Big aussie sedans are going

but i was born in the right time, because by the time the last of the commodores and falcons become cheap, ill have a good job by then and a different appreciation for them, compared to my love for old RWD tanks from the 70's and 80's that are cheap

I will always have my Valiant, new laws doesnt mean its going to get taken away from me, only defects can do that
>>
>>14002075
This is why people are so hyped about the S-FR. For me it could be the only and last car I buy new and drive to the end. By that time everything will be autopilot bullshit and not really worth the capital expenditure/costs. When it is not motorcycle season one is better off, by taking a cab and being tipsy all the time.
>>
>>14002447
>being hyped about the Sad-FRog

Technically it's neat but the design is a fucking eye sore.
>>
File: toyota_s-fr_008.jpg (42 KB, 1013x675) Image search: [Google]
toyota_s-fr_008.jpg
42 KB, 1013x675
>>14002456
>Being hyped about any sub-20k car
I'm not a fan of the design either, but at least it's different. Maybe it will mature and be considered timeless at some point, while never being considered beautiful. However, if made it will be around for quite some time as it is a n/a Toyota and they are known to last. So maybe it will be the last take on non disposable cars. If they can do it right and make it fun to drive and cheap then I am all for it. I am not expecting anything from that price range to be pinnacle of objective beauty. Looks are the least of my worries if cars become automated transportation capsules. At that point there would be no point in owning one. A fucking toilet. I would rather travel with a taxi for the price of depreciation.
>>
Buy supercharging it
>>
>>14002075
engineers, metals and flamable gasses/liquids will always be out there man. just imagine the engine blocks we could produce in 50 years
>>
File: 1446437227795.jpg (11 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1446437227795.jpg
11 KB, 441x408
>>14002114
>1950's
>flying cars and robots by year 2000!
>30 yrs later
>1980's
>flying skateboards will be here by 2015!
>30 yrs later
>2010's
>uh, yeah, in like 10 years or so your car will like drive itself, man.
>30 yrs later...

I think we'll be fine.
>>
File: Mazda-RX-vision.jpg (136 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-RX-vision.jpg
136 KB, 1368x1026
>>14002102
Our only savior
>>
>>14002075
I don't even have an RWD shitbox yet ehh...
>>
>n/a
Check
>rwd
Check
>death trap
Check
>maximum of two persons
Check
>limited cargo space
Check
>fun to use
Check
>can feel the Wind
Check
>straight line king
Check

motorcycles are equal if not even better than a first generation miata, so you could use that if they should ever make your car illegal OP
>>
>>14005203
>implying deathbikes won't be tightly regulated, if not banned outright
>>
>>14005228
OP only talked about cars, so I thought my suicide machine was still good to go 2bh
>>
>>14005243
I fear that if they ban manual driving, they'll definitely ban bikes as well because muh safety and muh statistics.
>>
>>14002075
My biggest problem is that shit will be damn near impossible to work on in the near future. Hell, look at modern diesels! I plan on getting a near-to-base 2010-2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 sometime, probably a regular cab 4.8L V8 (not the 5.3 because >AFM >Ever). No touch screens, no electronic seat adjustments, no direct injection, and no turbo. Just a simple, naturally aspirated, V8 that idles at just over 500 RPM
>>
>>14005203

>0-60 in 2 seconds
check
>limited to 180 mph
check
>higher power to weight ratio than an exocet missle
check
>more fun than any car in existance
check
>no queuing in traffic
check
>always at the front at traffic lights
check
>better fuel economy
check
>cheap to insure, run and maintain
check
>cheap to buy
check
>nice and light, easy to manoever
check
>chicks love dangerous guys
fact
>dangerous guys ride bikes
fact
>girls love to go on the back
fact

>all for £15,000
you can't be serious

Yamaha R1

and any other litre bike.
>>
I have a 0 mile Twingo in a climate controlled underground bunker that I'm going to take out in 50 years.
>>
>>14005285
That was what I was saying anon
>>
>>14005128
>ugly piece of shit that wont see production
>>
>>14002129
I'm sorry to say so, but I'm currently looking through the lists of Mitsubishis, Hondas and Nissans available in my country, and seriously, it's crap. You can get all the fucking SUV's and crossovers you heart dessires, and then of course you can get the absolutely horrible looking Civic. And then what? Of course this is only japanese cars, but still. Fiat and Alfa Romeo aren't much better at the moment. Renault is moving forward, but the new Espace could have been so nice. That is now a crossover also. I mean what the fuck is going on.
Of course Fiat and Alfa are moving on, and I suspect that the rest of the european carmakers will follow, because we have been in a world of utter despair. Really.
>>
>>14002129

Are you kidding me? Pretty much everything 'performance' is a pigfat techno-sled, even the fucking Civic Type R! In the mid 80's Toyota, now renown for boring FF sedans, had the Corolla GTS, Celica, Supra and MR2 all of which were RWD!
>>
>>14005358
>the new Espace is now a crossover
FUCKING HELL, RENAULT
>>
>>14005443
Jesus, that visibility in modern cars meme is really real. How do you reverse such a thing without that shit camera and sensors
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.