[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /o/ i was looking for advice on exhaust systems. i currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images (5).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
hey /o/ i was looking for advice on exhaust systems. i currently have a 2015 kia forte 5 with a 2.0 and i just want to enjoy driving it a bit more as my daily. so how could i make my exhaust louder but not obnoxious. ive looked into it a little and from what ive seen mufflers just make em raspy and loud but i read that length can make it much smoother. so does anyone have proof of this or atleast can some one explain how that would work. i love the sound of the car but its so damn quiet. any and all help is appreciated.
>>
i was told 2-3 inches would make an audible difference so what would a foot and a half do or is that to much
>>
im off to bed feel free to talk about it when im away ill take any and all advice
>>
Buy a catback or have an exhaust shop make you one.

/thread
>>
File: xforce_exhaust.jpg (34 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
xforce_exhaust.jpg
34 KB, 420x280
Your best bet would be to get a custom-made Catback exhaust, which means the new exhaust runs from the catalytic converter to the end of the car, usually with a new muffler(s) specifically made for the purpose of making your car sound better and maybe even perform a bit better.

When someone refers to "inches", it references the width of the exhaust pipe, not the length of it. If you want to go loud but not too loud, have a look at 2" piping, maybe even 2.5". Go to your local exhaust shop and they should show and explain it to you.

Another option is to buy pre-made exhausts from brands such as Xforce, Lukey etc. But with your model of car, I doubt any manufacturer will have made them.
>>
>>14002120
This. That said, most catbacks I've seen are 2.25". Thought there are a number of them that are 2.5" and 3". That's just judging by the aftermarket available for my Saturn Ion. The 2.25" and 2.5" ones are the best for N/A applications.
Again, going off whats available for the Delta car.
>>
they havent made any cat backs so i was gonna put a 40 series delta flow in line for now.
>>14002120
also they said on the website i read, that upping the width made it louder where as the length made it smoother. i did some more research this morning and it says that a crackle in an exhaust, or that fart can sound, is just an uneven pulse of the engine and if you give it more time to reflect at itself by adding length or curves in the exhaust it will give it time for those pulses to cancel out but does that seem logical. i mean to me it does but i do computers not a ton of cars but i do enjoy them and so i was just wondering
>>
Get a catback with a two inch tip. 3 is going to be annoying af. Look on Kia enthusiast websites.you'll be able to find reviews on the exhaust note from ppl who actually own your car
>>
>>14002051
You may be able to get away with modifying the stock exhaust with a muffler delete.

Would suggest keeping your resonator.
>>
>>14002051
kia owners, when will they learn?
>>
2.5'' piping whatever muffler you think sounds good and exhaust tip less than 3"

High flow cat if you want more
>>
>>14002051

Could have had the SX, OP. Could have had the SX.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.