[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen to the manifold if I suddenly use 12 shots of NOS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x338
What would happen to the manifold if I suddenly use 12 shots of NOS?
>>
You fucking idiot.

Do you want to blow your floorpan off? Is that what you are trying to do?

Fucking granny-shifting buster.
>>
>>14001520
>What would happen to the manifold
Danger
>>
>>14001520
Overdose.
>>
File: 1449112968931.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1449112968931.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

it depends on the engine. that amount of oxygen being thrown into the engine could cause a rate of combustion that's far too great for the block, due to amount of pressure it would be receive and the amount of time it may take for for the residual forces from each cycle to dissipate not being available.
>>
>>14001520
Not sure...must test it and report back...take video...
>>
Is it plastic?
>>
>>14001871
In this case I think it's more about combustion happening in the intake due to nos and it shatters your pathetic plastic intake.
>>
>>14001995
NOS doesn't just spontaneously combust, especially not in the intake under similar to atmospheric pressure. Hell, it's fucking stored under pressure.
>>
>>14002008
If you let off the gas can't it like backfire but through the intake? I know you can do that with a carburetor. Take the air cleaner off and Rev the engine, you can get flames shooting out the top.
>>
>>14002019
Autism ahead

Backfire means it's igniting before the engine, aka in the intake. Afterfire is after the engine. Backfire is more pops while afterfire tends to be much louder bangs
>>
>>14002107
so backfire isn't an all covering term for loud pops in the exhaust?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.