[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Chevy Volt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 13-volt-550x326.jpg (48 KB, 550x326) Image search: [Google]
13-volt-550x326.jpg
48 KB, 550x326
I've been in the market for a good used car; and came across this 2013 Chevy Volt with about 23,000 miles on it, going for 15.5k. I've done a bit of research on he Volt, and a lot of people are giving it rave reviews. It seems like a reliable vehicle.

After test driving it, I can say that I was impressed, but I still have some concerns about whether the car will be worth it in the long run. I don't mean from a gas-saving perspective (I drive a fucking 98 jeep cherokee right now), but in a "will this car be tits up in a ditch in 3-5 years" kind of way.

I'm trying to talk the price down to 14.5k but whatever. I'm not married to the vehicle, and if they're too inflexible I can always walk. Some of the other options I've been considering are the Malibu, Impreza, and Jeep Compass.

>inb4 normie

Whatever. Any opinions on the Volt? Yes? No?

>electric

I want an electric car so I can listen to music in the car and not hear a damn thing from the engine. Also I want to feel like I'm in space. I don't give a damn about the environment.
>>
>"will this car be tits up in a ditch in 3-5 years"
its a GM so yes
>so I can listen to music in the car and not hear a damn thing from the engine. Also I want to feel like I'm in space. I don't give a damn about the environment.
you want a Lexus LS damn near silent under normal driving conditions
>>
>>14000266
>its a GM so yes

I had a 92 buick park avenue run for damn near 10 years without a problem.
>>
>>14000345
>had
>>
>>14000376
Look man, you know that anyone who buys a corvette isn't doing laps in it. They're doing it to look like an alpha chad with more money than sense.
>>
>>14000505
>They're doing it to look like an alpha chad with more money than sense.

No, that's what Ferraris are for.
The Corvette's the working man's supercar.
>>
>>14000560
I'll agree with that. But I don't want a corvette though.
>>
>>14000220
Probably a good deal at 15.5k
>>
>>14000709
Yeah I thought it was pretty good. Taxes and all will come out to about ~16k if I can talk to the price down. I'm gonna see if I can get a better deal by just paying cash.
>>
Perfectly fine car, even for a GM.

Problems.
1. rear visibility sucks. back up camera is a must
2. wiper control stalk is backwards in operation and markings.
3. interior space is not great.
4. two rear passengers only.
5. rear seats are thin.

Otherwise it is great money saver if you can keep it using EV mode only.
>>
File: chevy volt concept.jpg (63 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
chevy volt concept.jpg
63 KB, 600x358
they're pretty great, actually.
but you really need to get a 240v charger installed at home for it to work best.

i think 2011 models are dropping below ten grand now, which is great

basically a less emasculating prius
>>
File: chevy volt truedelta.jpg (178 KB, 1009x727) Image search: [Google]
chevy volt truedelta.jpg
178 KB, 1009x727
>>14001235
also here's the truedelta reliability data.
looks pretty darn good actually. not quite toyota-tier but definitely not much to worry about
>>
>>14001247
>>14001235
>>14001133

Thanks gents. I noticed the rear visibility issue. I was not a fan of that. Unfortunately the one I'm looking at does not have a backup camera.
>>
>>14001347
just get an aftermarket one and install it bruv, get one of those rear view mirrors with an lcd embedded into it
>>
>>14001380
Hell of an idea. I'll look into it. Thanks again.
>>
>>14001395
actually if you're getting one, just get the most well equipped one you can find in your budget, year and mileage be damned, also be willing to drive like 100 miles for a really good one, it'll expand your pool of options considerably
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.