[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jetta MK3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: jettagristormentamk3.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jettagristormentamk3.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
What do you guys think of this car?
>>
good for rolling with your dad when he gets of of prison
>>
>>13994275
Shit, i want a car (first car) and i thought that this one was a good idea
>>
>>13994290
Stop whatever you're doing and go watch the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLJCWb1apYo
>>
Wrecked one back in 2001. Safe cars, but get the manual. The auto has horrible problems.
>>
>>13994294
Does that mean that i should get an S2000?
kek good movie btw
>>
>>13994302
I dont know any auto that doesn´t suck.
>>
Any other ideas for a first car, btw?
>>
>>13994324
>>
>>13994254
really boring to drive
basically an european civic
>>
>>13994290
My dad had a mkII that he never shuts up about. I have a 13 that I like alot. Definitely not a bad car.
>>
>>13994346
Civic is fun tho
>>
And what about the Golf?
Its the same shit as the mk3?
>>
>>13994254
large aftermarket
That's about the only good thing I can say about it. My ex used to use the trip meter on his to measure the longest distance between breakdowns.
Longest between breakdowns was 700 miles.

Terrible car due to mexican-tier reliability
>>
>>13994366
Holy shit anon, and what happened with that girl?
Shit, it was made in Mexico?

Im from Mexico...
>>
>>13994373
>what happened with that girl?
You haven't been here long. My ex was a man. Im known on /o/ for being an actual faggot.

and all North American market Jettas, Golfs, and Beetles since the MK3 have been built in Mexico.

That car was shit.

Also, despite how shit I know it is, I have a soft spot for the new beetle, but I grew up going to air cooled VW shows
>>
>>13994399
Oh, actually its like my 5th post, pretty new.
Sorry about that tho
Well, any other option for a nice first car? (similar price)
>>
File: vlcsnap-128653.png (119 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-128653.png
119 KB, 320x240
>>13994444
>Well, any other option for a nice first car? (similar price)
Honda Civic, Acura Integra, Toyota Corolla, Geo Prizm, Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire, Dodge Neon (must be manual transmission), or any of the Saturn S-series cars.
>>
>>13994356
ye then this one is less fun than a civic
and less reliable
>>
>>13994254
last good car VW made.
>>
>>13994331
What're you looking for?
Do you want to kill yourself?
Do you want to tune it and kill yourself?
Do you want a car that makes you want to kill yourself?
Do you want a car that kills you before you can kill yourself?
Or do you want a bus pass?
>>
>>13994254
Older (pre-2000) Volkswagens are IMO the worst cars to ever own, simply because they are such a fucking pain in the ass to work on if anything ever goes wrong. My buddy had one similar to that, and I swear 90% of everything in the owners manual and on the car was written in german. Parts are either expensive or non existent. But on the other hand, I think the boxy bodies are cute and they do pretty good on gas.
>tl;dr: do not
>>
>>13994444
Renault Twingo.
>>
>>13995342
Tfw they never Sold a twingo in Mexico
>>
>>13994254
Should be RWD, it has great proportions. Instead it's another boring VW which can't drift.
>>
MK2 is better than Mk3, generally, but if you can find an mk3 in decent shape for the right price, they're not bad cars.

Test electronics and be sure to check thoroughly for rust. The underbody treatment for these is not as good as it was on the mk2s, and supposedly the cars that aren't from friendly climates will rust if you look at them wrong.
>>
File: IMG_7152.jpg (479 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7152.jpg
479 KB, 2000x1334
>>13994302
This.
crashed mine last year.
Went 15ft through the air.
accessory belt snapped, windshield cracked, lost part of my valence.
Drove it out, and home.

Also AMAZING amount of room when you put the rear seats down, the 2.0 is reliable as all fuck.

>>13994346
this >>13994356

>>13994366
That'd be the coil pack or other electronics, the engines are damn near unkillable.
>>13994399
And no, a few were imported. Though I don't want to run around this argument again, post 96 Wolfsburgs, K2s, Treks, and GT's were sourced from german surplus, as for the GLX I can't remember if they were german imports or puebla crap.

They had walk outs in the early 90's at puebla and the quality never came back.

OP try and get a manual, yes the autos SUCK, but they did get better the last year (And 99's)
Get a TDi if you can.
You're cruise control won't work, the coilpacks will die (Get an OBD1 coil, they're better built) and eventually the sun roof will fail. This is normal.
The engine will sound like it has a valve tick, this is too, normal.

>pr muh turd
>>
>>13994254
>tfw that fool is running a honda 3000
>ill win
>that way me and my dad can roll together when he gets out of prison
>feels good tbhf
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.