[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Repair Cost?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image2.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Hey everyone,
http://imgur.com/a/ytV9C
It's a 2007 Audi A4. It's mine and I want to repair it.
1) How much would the repair of the door cost? I found a side mirror online for $79.
2) The car works just fine. The drivers' door doesn't open, but the other one does. Would it be drivable if I just install a side mirror and make sure the signal works? It took a huge impact, but it drives just fine.
3) Can I somehow remove the airbags? Raise the driver's seat back up? I don't think the window was broken but it doesn't pull up when I hit the button. Might it be locked somehow?
Thanks
>>
>>13993696
Why did you do that?
>>
>>13993696
look for new doors on craigs.
>>
>>13993696
With the deployed airbag, you are easily looking at 6 grand worth of damage if you source new parts

If you can find a used door and front fender panel, and assuming the pillar isn't fucked,. you might get away for 4K
>>
Not sure if legit but it's bound to have structural damage and shouldn't be driven if the airbags have deployed.

Source a door and a fender from car-part and replace it then you can drive your death trap. If any of the mounting holes are misaligned just rig them into place

>>13993724
Where do you get these estimates
>>
The car is totalled op
>>
>>13993740
Lol I work at a used dealership OP. I see parts and labor invoices on a daily basis. but doing a quick internet search:

-Airbag module is about 500 dollars used

-LKQ pick an dpull junkyards have several used doors listed for your car, all around 650 bucks: http://www.automotix.net/usedautoparts/2007-audi-a4-front_door-product-b103531360f.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA1o-zBRDomsWasvKh4S8SJADSlZkqmpTOFXxOyaonTId66rRUwytGo41kRxbubTmGZCLWBhoCp07w_wcB

-LKQ lists a used fender panel at about 200, o the same site as above

-labor to fit the parts, paint everything, and correct the damaged body work will easily be a couple grand

that puts you at 3-4K using used parts. If you have to order them new, its easily 6K. 90% likely that fucker is totaled my friend
>>
>>13993696
dude,
literally
no.

no point honestly..
>>
OP here
Thanks. Replies came in really quick.
I parked it real slow after the tow truck put it down. It kinda felt okay.
If it's gunna cost more than 4K might be cheaper to get a second hand car
>>
>>13993776
Check my vin for me bro >>13992820

>>13993805
Don't you have insurance? Just give them a ring and have them total it so you can get paid.. Unless you only have liability
>>
>>13993811
returns as invalid bro
>>
File: xuRCuYj[1].jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
xuRCuYj[1].jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
>>13993831
Can you decipher it
>>
Yep, only liability
>>
>>13993853
>2HGE06349MH575826

I think
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.