[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mitsubishi Mirage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
How does the new mitsubishi mirage stack up as a dependable, cost-efficient 3 clinder? Would it still be better to seek out a metro?
>>
not to come in here and shit all over it, but not that great.

It's not reliable nor cost efficient. MPG is not all that stellar compared to what's going on with more expensive cars.

After rebates and dealer discounting, you can usually find a Spark for less money anyway, and get roughly the same fuel economy. If you're looking for reliability, the cheapest small cars that aren't complete shitshows tend to be base model Focuses and Accents, with the occasional Versa or Dart thrown in the mix, depending on how desperate the dealer is at that precise moment.
>>
>>13991909
thanks for the info. 3 cylinder cars just fascinate me, and there aren't many on the US market.
>>
>>13991834
It's cheap as fuck. That is its only purpose in life.
>>
>>13991923
I had a 3-cylinder '96 Metro once.

Interesting vibrations from the engine. I had the timing belt pulley on the crankshaft of mine actually crack and break off of the crank, I assume from the vibration. It happened before 90k miles. I also had to have two replacement transmissions in that same period, because the 2nd gear synchros failed. Probably in large part due to me slam-shifting it in high school.
>>
File: 2017-mirage-35-1.jpg (95 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
2017-mirage-35-1.jpg
95 KB, 750x422
>>13991834
Next year model looks a little better
>>
>>13991834
church-pew-tier back seats
>>
>>13991834
Why not a micra?
>>
Mitsubishi kinda screwed up with the mirage. I think its kinda pointless trying to compete for the lowest priced econo-car, at that point why not just get used car.

It's competing against the fit, sonic, fiesta, yaris, all of which are infinitely better value and are much better designed.
>>
Ford fiesta 3cyl turbo apparently has apparently been praised highly. Good gas mileage with a little more power than the 4cly 1.6 liter. I don't think they are that expensive either.

As far as reliability, who knows. Might go full ford exploder after a couple of years.

inb4 paid shill
>>
File: huh.png (568 KB, 1084x814) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
568 KB, 1084x814
>tfw a 2015 micra in canada is $7500 USD or 5000£
>>
>>13991834
compared to other small cars in the same bracket the mirage has a tinny engine note and has to be thrashed to get the best out of it
could not reccomend. the honda jazz or the ford fiesta (ecoboost) are far better
>>
>>13994359
this, my mom's car is worth like only 8k, yet its bigger, has a V6 and gets 30mpg highway.
>>
>>13994460
>6,6l/100km highway
WTF Nissan, my 14yo Corolla eats less.
Also, 4speed autos belong in the musem, not a new car.

>>13991834
Depending on where you are, you might want to look at the Suzuki Celerio as well. Similar concept. Damn shame Daihatsu retreated from the european market...

>>13991909
My grandpa has the Spark. It's rather comfy, but terribly lame, even for that kind of car. (Compared to a 58hp Cuore, the 82hp Spark feels slower. Objectively, it is 0,3s faster 0-100km/h though)

>>13994359
By that logic, we may as well give up building cars alltogether, since there's always a better used one of a higher class for the same money.
>>
File: D-PW1-16.png (148 KB, 559x342) Image search: [Google]
D-PW1-16.png
148 KB, 559x342
>>13994359
It was already built and used in Taiwan. They were able to get it to meet us standards so why not sell it here? Mitsubishi's mistake is thinking they can throw all their cards into feature less shitboxes and make money. It's not the 80's anymore.

I wish we got the one Mexico gets. they get the sedan version and a cool Dodge cross hair grill.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.