[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back to the Future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine.jpg (159 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine.jpg
159 KB, 1280x854
If BttF was remade today, which car would be used to replace the DeLorean as the time machine?
>>
>>13987881
Probably from another car company thats destined to fail.

One of tesla's offerings.
>>
>>13987881
Whichever company paid the most money to have their car featured
>>
>>13987881
tesla
>>
>>13987881
Mini Cooper or Audi A4, just like every other movie made in the last decade and a half.
>>
File: fisker-karma.jpg (169 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
fisker-karma.jpg
169 KB, 1280x782
Probably the Fisker Karma. Unique, very pretty, and a failed company.
>>
>>13987934
Doesn't look like its doors open upwards.
>>
File: MC_f1_26.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MC_f1_26.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>13987881
If it was getting literally remade, it would have to be a DeLorean, just to appease the fans. Too iconic to replace.

If this is some alternate universe where it never got made in the 80's and was just now getting made, whatever company paid them the most.

If it was the latter and I had a choice, I'd go with the McLaren F1. Old enough to be iconic but not outdated, sleek and futuristic, meme-doors, McLaren's just now becoming relevant again so it's plausible they'd pay for it and since it's an older car it doesn't come out looking like a total product placement.

Plus:

>"Doc, are you telling me you built a time machine out of a McLaren!?

Still has a good ring to it, since they're both Celtic sounding names.

Also, remember that shitty Back to the Future ad McLaren actually did for the 2014 F1 season that was so bad they pulled it from the internet?
>>
File: OTz1E68.jpg (207 KB, 2000x1120) Image search: [Google]
OTz1E68.jpg
207 KB, 2000x1120
>>13987956
Well, there you go.
>>
>>13987966
Oh god not those renders again
>fucking angry eyes and flares
>>
>>13987881

Either GM, or Fiat/Chrysler will buy the rights to DeLorean and redesign the DMC-12 the same way they did the camaro, and sell the production model for around $50-$70K for around 5 years. For no other purpose than to make money off the movie.
>>
>>13988421
What movie did the camaro appear on?
>>
File: 1445483850006.jpg (361 KB, 1800x960) Image search: [Google]
1445483850006.jpg
361 KB, 1800x960
>>
File: oh shite we need to go back.png (29 KB, 107x107) Image search: [Google]
oh shite we need to go back.png
29 KB, 107x107
>>13987966
>>
>>13988433
Transformers, I guess
>>
>>13987982
They don't actually look too bad for modernized BttF cars.

As far as if BttF was remade, they would use a DeLorean supercar from an alternate timeline where the company was a successful manufacturer. They might even throw in a DeLorean dealership for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 01-2015-bmw-i8-fd-1[1].jpg (70 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
01-2015-bmw-i8-fd-1[1].jpg
70 KB, 750x422
>>
>>13988605
More acceptable is a minimum of a 450HP or a V8.
>>
A Prius
>>
>>13989374

That'd get to 88 faster than a DeLorean. Might warp to a part of the timestream where the brakes work too.
>>
>>13988449
What are the side speakers for?
>>
Ford Focus ST
>>
Saturn Sky?
>>
Tesla Model X. Still has the doors and it's probably the most progressive car built in the last 10 years.
>>
Pagani Huyara
>>
>>13987956
What was the reputation of the DeLorean during the time it was made? Did people think of it as a super expensive super-car? It just seems implausible that a guy who tinkered with stuff in his garage would be able to afford a McLaren.
>>
>>13991567
People knew it was a piece of shit, just a cool piece of shit.
>>
>>13991567
>It just seems implausible that a guy who tinkered with stuff in his garage would be able to afford a McLaren.

"Emmett's family moved to Hill Valley in 1908. Although initially wealthy because of his family's savings, he spent his entire family fortune on his time travel project. When the Brown mansion was destroyed by fire in 1962 and the property sold to developers, Doc subsequently resided in the mansion's garage. Once broke, he established a privately owned business to offer 24-hour scientific services, building ingenious devices for his customers."

So I mean, he was pretty well off, for him to have been able to afford a McLaren would not have been out of the question.
>>
The Doc has somehow gotten his hands on experimental Tesla electric motors which he has swapped into a Honda Insight, powered by a self built liquid nitrogen cooled hydrogen fuel cell mounted in the trunk, but when Marty tries to departure he overshoots his space, runs onto a public road and has to veer offroad to avoid traffic. He zaps through time just in time, but when he reappears in the 80s he immediately crashes into a field, making the Insight irrepairable, and part of his following adventures involve tracking down the 80s Doc who hopelessly tinkers around on a then still mostly stock Delorean in order to swap the Insight powerplant into a Honda CRX.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.