[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If you combined Wacky Races, the Gumball 3000, Mad Max: Fury
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: rally.png (144 KB, 531x700) Image search: [Google]
rally.png
144 KB, 531x700
>If you combined Wacky Races, the Gumball 3000, Mad Max: Fury Road, and a bunch of badass adventurer women, you’d get something like the Rebelle Rally. It’s an off-road rally race specifically offered to women only. The goal of the rally is to take the historically phallically-encrusted sport of racing and introduce it to more women. This event is oriented more towards accomplishing navigation challenges without the use of computer aids like cell phones or GPS.
>The women will have only a compass, a map, and a roadbook to guide them through unforgiving terrain where they have to navigate to hidden checkpoints while racing other teams who are trying to do the same.
>It sounds like one hell of an adventure, to be completely honest. It’s something I’d totally be doing if the $5,000 entry wasn’t, you know, a thing. Hell, the folks behind the contest are making it super easy for folks to join because they’re even providing rentals for people who want to drive but might not own a car that qualifies. Even then, the bar for qualification is pretty low–you just need a street legal “4×4” or “crossover” class car. That’s it
>According to Jalopnik, the event’s organizer, off-road pro Emily Miller said this about the event’s aims and goals:
>My goal is for women to sharpen and refine their capabilities and build the confidence and skill set to take on future journeys – wherever they may lead.
>The sport of off-road, the vastness of the open desert, and the lessons of precise navigation have had a profound impact on my life and the lives of many others. Our team is excited to share this and build a platform for women to shine.

Sounds pretty cool. Are there any navigation based races in motorsports?
>>
>inb4 something goes wrong
>>
>>13986960

like?
>>
File: 1423459132795.jpg (27 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1423459132795.jpg
27 KB, 240x251
>>13986951

>$5000 USD
>5
>0
>0
>0
>
>U
>S
>D
>>
>>13986951
Is there any way to do something like this with such a low cost of entry without being a woman?
>>
>>13986951
>you just need a street legal “4×4” or “crossover” class car.
>crossover
>off-road
It's like they're trying to get women stranded in the middle of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>13986962
They get a flat tire and there isn't a man around to change it.
>>
File: loadsaskillsets.png (825 KB, 789x476) Image search: [Google]
loadsaskillsets.png
825 KB, 789x476
>>13986951
>My goal is for women to sharpen and refine their capabilities and build the confidence and skill set to take on future journeys – wherever they may lead.
>>
File: spider farm.jpg (109 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
spider farm.jpg
109 KB, 800x800
>>13987035
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
File: 1386313235812.jpg (59 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1386313235812.jpg
59 KB, 331x319
>>13987046
kek
>>
>>13987061

>Spider Farm

So is that a farm that is called spider or is it legitimately a farm for spiders?
>>
IM A WOMAN
I CAN DO THE SAME THINGS AS A MAN
BUT I AM A WOMAN

DONT I DESERVE SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR DOING THE SAME SHIT???

fucking women lads only good for shagging
>>
>>13986951
If I wear a wig, sign up as a woman and ride my XR, can I win 5000 and claim discrimination when they refuse to award my money because I identify as a being that possesses a mental vagina?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Rally

This looks fun as shit
>>
>>13987070
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348802/The-creepy-crawly-farm-grows-5-000-giant-SPIDERS-big-mans-hand-dont-bite.html

That image is fake, but spider farms are real.
>>
>>13987094

i..i'm scared to click that link
>>
>>13987098

Oh come, on. Spiders are harmless and try to avoid humans. They rarely bite and when they do it's only in self defense. Plus they eat all of the more dangerous disease carrying insects.
>>
>>13986951
This and the Rally Aïche des Gazelles are bullshit. There are so few rally raid racing events that completely cutting off an entire sex robs a lot of people of the opportunity to practice the sport in different regions. The only event with a low barrier of entry besides these two would be the Silk Way. Which is fine, but you don't get to experience Africa or, I suppose in this case, the USA.
>>
>>13987094

>Juan Pablo Orellan gave his wife one of the spiders as pet soon after they met

so that's the secret to get a GF?
>>
File: h2EDTaI[1].jpg (57 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
h2EDTaI[1].jpg
57 KB, 500x477
>>13987099
>>
>>13987103
Yes
>>
>>13987103
>>13987146

I can confirm, but my wife wants to move our pet spider out of the bathroom.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.