[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you trade a 2014 auto Honda Civic with 30k miles on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1444746436656.jpg (208 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1444746436656.jpg
208 KB, 1280x850
What would you trade a 2014 auto Honda Civic with 30k miles on it for?

Got it when I was not very into cars, now I want something a little bit more interesting

I'm just concerned about insurance on something like a FR-S or a BRZ as I'm 20
>>
File: assmad toyota cvck 4.jpg (59 KB, 724x698) Image search: [Google]
assmad toyota cvck 4.jpg
59 KB, 724x698
another civic
>>
>>13986687
It's a reliable new car. Keep it until its paid off.
>>
>>13986687
I see a ton of students at the uni I teach at have the toyabaru twins. Not sure if you missed the previous FRS/BRZ threads early this week.Seems they handle good but will never be fast and many feel its pricey for what you get/can get in the 25-30k price range.

If you're still in school keep the honda and save your money
>>
>>13986687
I would trade it for an Si.
>>
Civic Si
>>
I'd probably go for like an si or something
>>
>>13986687
you can do some pretty extensive mods to that car. that is interesting right?

>CAI
>full exhaist
>chipped ECU
>coilovers
>japanese rims

>$3k

come on you are not even trying.
>>
>>13988451
It would still be an automatic though.
>>
>>13988451
And at the end of that $4k spent it will still be a fwd civic with an automatic transmission.

Insurance is such a small cost I wouldn't let it deter you. We're talking about like what.. an extra $50 a month.
>>
File: Australia.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Australia.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>13988451
Full exhaust, CAI and ECU for the single cam engine? I have an R18 Civic. Don't think anything but suspension is worth modding on it if you're stuck with one.

Run the stock shocks into the ground, swap with HFP, stick some Si sway bars in it, then run the car until the exhaust rots off and swap with something nice but quiet, because the engine sounds like shit spread over too much toast.
>>
>>13988451
Aside from coilovers, none of those things will increase performance.
>>
I also have a 2013 Civic in EX trim, OP. Mine just hit 59K miles, purchased it with 4K miles.

Overall its the best point A-B car I have. It has good tech, comfortable, reasonable space, etc.

I'd recommend buying one only if you have another larger vehicle though in case you need to transport shit.

Anyways, when I got mine, I did minor cosmetic mods. Repainted calipers because of fading, installed subwoofers because it seriously lacks bass, and installed footwell illumination. I don't see much more of a point to anything beyond that. It is a slow vehicle. My friend beat me in his much older 2.0 Mazda 3.

I'd say keep the car for the rest of your life. It'll easily last 300K miles without major issues if you treat it well.

I'm getting an NB miata or saving for an ND miata to combat having a more boring vehicle, but I also own a 2010 V6 accord, and Jeep Grand Cherokee, so to each their own.
>>
>>13988598
>Aside from coilovers, none of those things will increase performan
thats wrong
>>
File: fd2.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2670) Image search: [Google]
fd2.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2670
>>13986724
Agreed. FD2 Master race. Other than S2k or an NSX, one of the best Hondas made.
>>
>>13988878
>Mine just hit 59K miles, purchased it with 4K miles.

Did the 9th gen fix the control arm issue? Because that shit was about to fail on me at 80k with an 8th gen. Had to get a revised one for $800. No transmission problems yet, but I've heard that's an issue with the auto trans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.