[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fast could you make a Tesla P85D go around a track if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: p85d.jpg (97 KB, 1100x755) Image search: [Google]
p85d.jpg
97 KB, 1100x755
How fast could you make a Tesla P85D go around a track if you gave it a track-car overhaul?

>carbon fiber parts
>remove rear seats
>aero kit
>new suspension
>huge brakes
>etc

Basically as far as you can go while keeping it road legal. Assuming this is the 762hp motor and 90KWh battery of course.
>>
>>13985981

Teslas don't have motors numbnuts
>>
>>13986025
It has an AC induction motor that transfers energy to the wheels to make the car move. Don't be an obtuse faggot about this.
>>
>>13986025
It has motors. It lacks an engine.
>>
File: shit.jpg (66 KB, 1069x590) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
66 KB, 1069x590
>>13985981
All that stuff is not going to fix the Tesla´s main issue. It will overheat and go into limp after a few turns.
>yfw when /o/´s average shitbox is still faster around a track than your 100k+ electric "track car"
>pic semi related
>>
dump the electrishit in the bin is literally the only way it will get around a track
>>
>>13986701
Mineral oil cool the motors?
It's been proposed before.
>>
>>13986754
What improvement do you expect from using mineral oil as a medium for your cooling system?
The stock cooling system for the Tesla is simply not dimentioned large enough for repeated full power runs or track use. Nobody expected someone to track these cars and less radiators meant better aero.
>>
>>13986772
This.

If you want fun go fast in a circle electric powered racing look into formula E
>>
>>13986772
You cycle coolant through the motor and then through a large heat exchanger in the front of the vehicle. This is how cars work, anon.
>>
>>13987117
teslas already do that dude, that's the point. the problem is that teslas don't have enough radiators
>>
>>13985981
It wouldnt last long enough to make the lap.
>>
>>13986025

what would him having numb testicles have to do with making a stupid comment? I don't see the connection.

I'm not sure I understand this insult. Or really planet Earth in general.

> Beams up to home planet
>>
The battery pack has a liquid cooling system. I would just upgrade it by adding radiators and a real grill. Would have to delete some of that front trunk space to make it fit.

The additional cooling should keep the batteries cool enough for a couple hot laps.

Motors don't care about being hot. I used to race an electric gokart. Motor would get hot enough to cook eggs on.
>>
>>13985981
the p85d weighs almost 5000lbs, over 2 tons... I honestly don't think you could pull enough weight out of that car to handle well on a track ever.
>>
>>13988252
Um they do care, take a 12v little motor and over volt it while covering the vent holes, that's tesla a problem
>>
just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWdatUMNmTI
>>
tesla is literally the definition of cant turn
>>
>>13985981
>even trying to save weight
start by removing as much of the battery as possible
you are only doing a few laps so you do not need most of the cells
>huge brakes
you said fast right ?
>>
>>13988419
Cool advertisement. This video brought to you by Telsa™ and Saleen™

Also holy shit steve saleen sounds like a retard.
>>
>>13988252
>adding radiators
>ruining the lowest drag coefficient in a production car (by a fuckheap)
Wow /o/ where'd you find this one?
>>
>>13988546
>muh mpgs
>in a car only notable for 0 - 60 times
fill both trunks with radiators and naca ducting and fender vents
>>
>>13988636
You're not too bright.
>>
>>13988643
and you overstate co efficient of drag like it means anything compared to wetted area
>>
>>13988657
wetted area goes into drag coefficient friendo
>>
>>13988419
Still a heap of shit with a terrible interior, no power after 100mph, lolcantturn, and norange.
>>
>>13986025
protip: internal combustion engines aren't motors
>>
>>13989093
Just like OP is a giant bundle of sticks, amirite

Fuck off
>>
>>13986025
Motors are electric
Engines are internal combustion
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.