[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the money would you pay $1,000,000 for this car?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
If you had the money would you pay $1,000,000 for this car?
Apparently it is worth that.
>>
I can understand paying larg(er) sums for rare and interesting (especially historically) cars. But, with the complete detachment of pricing from reality these days, no, not $1m. Even if I had the money and desired the car.
There will come a point, sooner rather than later, where it'll reach a...well, from a collector's point of view, realistic price.

/blog
>>
whats the difference in driving that and an XY GT replica for $30-$50 grand versus $1 million?

Oh, a vin number, thats all
>>
>>13983423
History. Originality. Don't try and talk them away.
A replica is fine for driving the thing a lot, though.
>>
>>13983427
im not going to spend 1 million dollars on something im not going to drive. A replica will be just as good for me and i can drive it how i want. For curiosity sake, heres an original GT being thrashed and abused https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kpEmcuYXak

For 50 grand i could get alot of neat cars, like a 2015 XR8, an XA Coupe, Landau, HQ/HG Monaro, E49 Charger etc..
>>
>>13983443
>im not going to spend 1 million dollars on something im not going to drive.

That's because you're not a rich person, trying to park your rapidly devaluing money in tangible materials.
A replica has little to do with an original.
>>
I would never spend a million on any single thing I would take near the general public. And to pokeball such a machine would be a shame.
>>
>>13983447
sorry im not 50+ years old remembering these cars race at Mt Panorama on TV in 1972. I dont automatically value these cars based on what retards in the past payed for them at auction.
>>
The price of the GTHO is less about the car itself and more about the image and time the car encapsulates for middle aged Boomers.

If the boomers suddenly get their savings blown the fuck out, the prices on these things are going to collapse. They won't go back to second hand dealership levels, but they will be worth less than a house.

Nobody outside of Australia cares about these things, remember that.
>>
>>13983400
Thing is, the kind of person who spends a million on a classic car is usually someone who makes that in a week or so, I think. It's easy to forget how rich some are.
>>
File: R390 GT1 Road Car_Nismo 270R.jpg (2 MB, 3637x2433) Image search: [Google]
R390 GT1 Road Car_Nismo 270R.jpg
2 MB, 3637x2433
>>13983396
Not anymore. GTHO prices have gone down somewhat.
And aside from it being an actual GTHO I don't see anything about it worth that much. If it was the Phase IV, maybe.

for that much you could probably have Ford Australia build you a brand new GTHO Phase III and still have a huge amount of money left over. Mercedes will build you a brand new SSK if you have the scratch for it.

For a million i'm buying a goddamn R390
>>
>>13983423
Because the car in the OP is literally the first phase 3 GTHO ever built.
>>
>>13983396
Op let me assure you if I had 1million dollars I would buy everything and anything that IS NOT that fucking car.

Even if Emma Watson creamed herself on the hood of it and there was still a little bit caked onto it.
>>
Id pay 5000 tops

and itd have to be pristine
>>
>>13985499
Come on now thats at least a $50,000 car in mint condition if we are talking reasonable prices, only like 200 were ever built.
>>
>>13985515
looks like some old sedan to me no way Id pay that when I can get a nice new car for that much
>>
>>13983396
It might be history but it's still a 40-50 year old car. No point buying something that old to just sit in the garage.

Buy a replica and stfu. no car in the world is worth paying $1m for.
>>
>>13983470
Plus boomers will all be dead soon. Price collapse is inevitable
>>
Probably a dumb question but is it easy to spot the difference between a replica and the real deal with a quick glance? Some guy here owns 2 Phase III's and they are always sitting out the front of the mechanics, wanna know if they're the real deal or not.
>>
>>13986143
It'll stay relatively high because of Gen X niggers. They're just as bad for this price scalping, it'll be gen y and millennials who will finally collapse old car prices
>>
>>13986167
Not really, the point of a replica is that it looks like the real deal. The only way you could tell is by either looking at the compliance, looking for inconsistencies against the real car (missing GTHO features for example) or by asking the owner if its real or not
>>
>>13986167
How do you know if they're Phase 3 GTHOs and not regular GTs?
>>
>>13986196
>>13986191
Good point I guess, if he owned 2 genuine models I guess he wouldn't be leaving them sitting out in the weather in front of a Repco mechanics.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.