[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AWD >16K BRAND NEW >Reliable >30MPG highway Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: Suzuki_SX4_001.jpg (429 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki_SX4_001.jpg
429 KB, 1280x660
>AWD
>16K BRAND NEW
>Reliable
>30MPG highway

Why did Suzuki run out of business?

pic related, it's my current dd
>>
10hp
Plastic gasket
>>
>>13983171
I agree that it doesn't make much horsepower but their engine has plenty for what it does

Like the SX4 has the same hp as the subaru crosstrek
>>
File: 1448343641076.gif (899 KB, 158x129) Image search: [Google]
1448343641076.gif
899 KB, 158x129
I have the same car. Its shit status.
>Cheaply made
>Gas mileage is similar to a truck
>Tons of electrical issues
>Small cramped interior
Dealership forced us to take the car instead of fixing the one we had because it was a liability. Worst car I've ever driven.
>>
>>13983139

GM
>>
File: suzuki-esteem.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
suzuki-esteem.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
Suzuki's are pretty popular everywhere around the world except for north America which is kinda shitty as they were actually good cars if you treat them nicely. Most Suzuki abuse the shit out of their cars and wonder why they die prematurely. People with Hondas and Toyotas generally maintain their shit hence the increased reliability ratings.

I got one of these bad boys and it's been pretty cash.

2400lbs
Comes stock with Speedline wheels, Yeah like a Ferrari.
Crusises comfortably at 100+mph, really torquey engine with long high gears.
Similar gas mileage to a Prius if you drive like a bitch
Almost as capable as a Subaru ground clearance wise, FWD sucks though but that Subaru AWD is going to do nothing with a blown head gasket.
More cargo room than any modern "suv" or "crossover" can sleep in the back at 6'3''
Previous generations had MIATA ENGINES
>>
File: IMG_8824.jpg (83 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8824.jpg
83 KB, 1400x933
They ran out of business in the US?
>>
>>13984398
no we can still buy everything else they make just not the cars
>>
>>13984401

Myeah, I was thinking more about the car - I would be really concerned if bikes like the GSX-R series and the KingQuad ATV's stopped selling
>>
Suzuki is based as fuck.
>>
In northern Europe Suzuki is considered as budget Subaru. All AWD and reliable. Also they haven't been into the turbo game until very lately with their volume models. This pleases conservative buyers and helps to keep the costs down in the long run. Also almost KIA-tier standard equipment and very reasonable pricing. The resale values are fairly good as awd seems to hold its value here. These are the cars that people who think Dacia is just nasty cheap buy.
>>
>>13986106
looks very Land Rover-esque
>>
>>13986106
We tried the new Vitara in your photo, and it was a surprisingly nice car. It felt a lot less spartan compared to earlier "top model" Suzukis, the engine didn't feel sluggish, the automatic gearbox was sharp and functioned the way I liked it.

Stereo was meh and could definetly need something to boost the lower spectrum. But, the big "problem" was that the steering felt very weird... it felt like there were absolutely no effort to straighten up the steering wheel, no leniency... basically it'd only ever straighten up or move if you were doing very sharp turns at low speed. On the highway you would always have to correct the wheel, or else it would just continue completely straigth in relation to the car, not being steered by the grooves of the road or anything
>>
Suzuki had some really good cars and some really shitty cars, like Suzuki badge GM shit. It's just Americans don't like anything small. To them, small equals bad. Families want AWD cars with big ass engines, which Suzuki is the opposite. This is how their auto business in US went down.
>>
File: geo-metro-1994-5.jpg (93 KB, 1200x686) Image search: [Google]
geo-metro-1994-5.jpg
93 KB, 1200x686
>>13989274
>Suzuki had some really good cars and some really shitty cars, like Suzuki badge GM shit.
You're not confusing them with GM badged Suzuki cars? Because those Geo badged Swifts were damn good cars.
>>
>>13989294
no, I meant the shitty foreign GM cars that are badged as Suzuki.
The Geo metro and Trackers and many more are damn fucking good.
>>
>>13989314
>I meant the shitty foreign GM cars that are badged as Suzuki.
Really? Such as?
>>
>>13984387
>People with Hondas and Toyotas generally maintain their shit hence the increased reliability ratings.

I doubt that most Camry drivers really give a shit about their cars once they cars have aged, and there are more Camry drivers than any other in the US. Toyota and Honda economy cars will keep running with abuse and neglect. If Suzuki can't, then they aren't on the same level.
>>
File: Suzuki_XL7_--_08-28-2009.jpg (844 KB, 1902x1170) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki_XL7_--_08-28-2009.jpg
844 KB, 1902x1170
>>13989320
pic related
>>
I live in Brazil and drive a Chevy Rebadged Suzuki. Thing is reliable as fuck, can take a beating. It's a last gen Grand Vitara (sold as chevy tracker). 4x4, 2.0 gasoline engine making a whooping 132cv and about 19 kgfm of torque. Not very comfortable, but can do wonders on rough terrain. Bought in 2008, 57k KM (35k miles), but bear in mind our roads and gasoline are terrible, and our cities are vertical, so it's not as new as a car with the same mileage in america.
>>
>>13989336
Ew, never seen those before. Shame, as the earlier XL7s were decent.
Hell, the current GM "platformed" Grand Vitara is a good piece of kit.
>>
>>13989343
>132cv
>19 kgfm
What the fuck kinda measurements are these?
>>
>>13989320
Suzuki Verona?
>>
>>13989357
Forgot pic.
>>
MFW I want a geo tracker as a camping, adventure car but poor as fuck....
>>
>>13989364
Sorry, HP = CV (in portuguese, haven't slept much)
And kgfm is torque measuring, it's 137 lb-ft.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.