[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lurking a forum about brakes >americans use mm to measure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: cam_gs_sema_15.jpg (166 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
cam_gs_sema_15.jpg
166 KB, 1280x850
>lurking a forum about brakes
>americans use mm to measure the diameter of discs

I tough you people tought imperial was superior?
>>
you are still using wheel sizes in inches though.
touche
>>
File: Tweety.png (39 KB, 200x324) Image search: [Google]
Tweety.png
39 KB, 200x324
>>13981136
I tought I taw a puddy tat
>>
File: 1438106947957.gif (378 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
1438106947957.gif
378 KB, 500x402
>>13981143
is there a reasin behind that? why dotn we have like 17 and a half inch wheels?
>>
>>13981167
there are for trucks.
maybe so on a truck you have to use truck type tyres?
>>
>>13981167
We have 16.5, 19.5, and 22.5
Large drw pickups/Commercial trucks
>>
>>13981136
We just use whatever the fuck we want when we want. It's not one or the other over here, you know.
>>
>>13981280
ok

then why do chose inferior miles or pounds?
>>
>>13981290
It's not inferior to us; rather, just a different way to measure. We could use kilometers to measure, but we just choose miles.
>>
>>13981298
Cars come with both on the speedo, we dont give a shit
>>
we use metric a lot in the US

anyone on the street would know what i was talking about if I used liters, meters, cm, or mm.

basically the only thing that's restricted to inches here is machining/engineering and machining tools. we use only thousandth of an inch and refer to it as thou/mil while you use 10ths of a mm (dont know what its called) or microns. (.001mm)

20 thou = 500 microns or half a mm
>>
>>13981428
>anyone on the street would know what i was talking about if I used liters, meters, cm, or mm.
have you ever been on the street? There's some dumb fucking Americans out there.
>>
>>13981436
Just watch some black friday videos of white trash fighting each other over towels.

Pretty good representation of the average american.
Obesity and all.
>>
>>13981436
There's some dumb fucking idiots everywhere. My preconception of Eastern countries is pretty much just thinking of the UK, but I don''t go assuming everyone in the east is exactly the same. The truth is that we have idiots, geniuses, outcasts, ect. no matter where we are. Generalizing things like that is just closed minded and silly.
>>
>>13981467
"anyone" is much different than "most people"

one implies that everyone would know it, the other implies it's more common knowledge but there's dumb people out there that can't get it because they're dumb
>>
>>13981136
America has been taught a weird mix of imperial and metric. With cars, just about every measurement on cars since the 1970s has been metric, but everything else uses imperial.
>>
I can guarantee every American knows what a liter is because all our favorite beetus juices come in liter containers.
>>
>>13981531
Every American knows what a half liter is and a two liter is. I can't really think of what comes in one liter, though.
>>
>>13981495
I'm pretty sure you'd need to be borderline retarded or just straight up retarded in America to not know the metric measurement units. Then again, there's probably someone out there that doesn't know that there's 12 inches in 1 foot, but understand that most Americans learn both metric and imperial units, and can use both just fine, given they're not retarded.
>>
instead of bitching about number systems, take off your fedora and learn both.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Engineers still use mils (thousands of an inch) in tangent with milimeters or micrometers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14

>americans summed up in one video
>>
>>13981531
What's a liter of cola?
>>
>>13981614
A small drink to wash down a mid morning snack.
>>
>>13981622
kek
>>
>>13981614
It's French for "Give me some fucking cola."
>>
>>13981553
a lot of things 1 liter = ~32oz
>>
>>13981152
lol
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.