[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Appearance Package or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Mazda3(1).jpg (807 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Mazda3(1).jpg
807 KB, 2560x1440
I'm buying a red Mazda3s MT hatch, picking it up tomorrow. I've been debating paying $1800 for the appearance package, which consists of a thin black lip, side skirts, rear diffuser thing, and spoiler. Dealer-installed, but not significantly cheaper if you order the parts and install yourself. Thoughts?

I like it and feel the sides of the car are a little naked without them (plus the hatch looks a little awkward without the larger spoiler, imo). I can buy the car outright so money isn't really an issue, but I can't help but think it's a dumb way to spend approx. $2k.

I wouldn't be getting the darker wheels, those are extra. Someday I'll get different wheels altogether.
>>
File: autopro-mazda3-2-1410929094656.jpg (90 KB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
autopro-mazda3-2-1410929094656.jpg
90 KB, 750x406
Without the appearance bits.
>>
File: mazda3_1.jpg (417 KB, 1000x690) Image search: [Google]
mazda3_1.jpg
417 KB, 1000x690
Closeup of the front (albeit in a different color)
>>
>>13980394
ayy lmao, if you want to throw away money, give it to me, also, if you want the darker wheels, just get some plastidip bro
>>
File: 2015-Mazda3-3.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
2015-Mazda3-3.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
A blue one with the kit. Too subtle?

>>13980436
Good point on the plastidip. Would I use a transparent smoked dip, or are there metallic dips?
>>
>>13980394
it definitely looks nicer but 2 grand nicer? you could buy some pretty awesome wheels with 2 grand.
>>
File: webanthraciteface.jpg (312 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
webanthraciteface.jpg
312 KB, 600x600
>>13980484
https://www.dipyourcar.com/True-Metallic-Wheel-Kit.html
anthracite grey and make sure to get 2 or 3 cans of glossifier
>>
File: 08-2014-mazda6-lt.jpg (287 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
08-2014-mazda6-lt.jpg
287 KB, 1280x850
>>13980394
Get the 6 you cheap cunt
>>
>>13980547
I need the hatch. If the 6 wagon were sold in the US I'd get that.
>>
>>13980394
I would have an S GT MT in white WITH the appearance package in my driveway right now if ANY dealer cin 300 miles could find one.....

Get it
It looks bouse

Imo I would leave the mirrors painted
>>
>>13980582
I went to a dealership and said I wanted to order one. They searched the inventory and found one in a ship on the water, assigned to some other dealership. I put a $500 deposit to call dibs on it. It arrives tomorrow - I'll test drive and probably buy it. Only downside is I won't be able to negotiate as hard.
>>
>>13980547
The 6 pretty much has the same engine as the Mazda 3 grand touring though.

Really wish Mazda would put the Cx9's engine in the 6
>>
>>13980394

Probably cheaper to spend it now then buy some eBay shit later when you want to change the cars appearance. Especially if you plan to change the wheels.. No point in having entry level spec if you are going to put on some nice wheels. Factory body kits etc are usually as far as I go with "ricing" up cars. Eg. My Subaru has sti front lip, foglight covers and spoiler. It looks a bit more aggressive without looking tacky and try hard.
>>
>>13980661
Good point. Yeah, I'll go ahead and do it.
>>
>>13980750

Definitely get factory rice if you're going to rice - it's the only way that you won't fuck your resale value. Factory rice will also be factored into your insurance, so if you get rekt they'll at least reimburse you somewhat for the factory kit. If you do it yourself, you get effectively nothing.

Btw, buying in cash is a bad idea, especially if you can get really low financing.
>>
I can barely notice the appearance package, nor will anybody else but yourself

If you can get it cheaper, then why not get it cheaper? install that shit yourself
>>
File: keksRus.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
keksRus.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>13980797

>buying in cash is bad

good goy
>>
>>13980797
>Btw, buying in cash is a bad idea, especially if you can get really low financing.
If I can get 2% or lower than I'll definitely finance. A little higher than that... maybe. The local economy (SF Bay Area) feels bubble-like so I'm nervous about thinking that I can make more investing it.
>>
>>13980840
It's like... 5% cheaper if I do it myself. Not enough to bother. I'll either get it when the car arrives or not at all.
>>
>>13980394

i think the lip looks ricey and shitty, i'd skip it.
>>
>>13980855

>tfw just got 1.9% from BMW

feels fucking good man.
>>
>>13980846
>doesn't realize you can negotiate a cars price down further than you would with cash since the dealership/loan company thinks they're making money off of you.

So you just do the down payment, do a few months payment then pay the fucker off.
>>
>>13980905
>Doesn't understand how interests works.
Nigger there's a reason why dealerships/loan companies earn money. Paying cash on the spot is easier on your back in the long run.
>>
>>13982078
You can usually do that with car loans.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.