[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so my mitsu is about to bite the dust, but shes lasted me great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Mitsubishi-Mirage-coupe.jpg (127 KB, 1432x892) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishi-Mirage-coupe.jpg
127 KB, 1432x892
so my mitsu is about to bite the dust, but shes lasted me great.

'96 mirage, 300K miles (of which i put 230 on in 4 years)

I need to get a "new car" but have no idea what to look for, tottaly down to learn manual, i used to play a good chunk of racing games/sims, and always raced manual (with a nice logitech 3 peddel/shifter setup) just never droven manual in real life.

Almost got a shelby charger with a daytona engine/turbo, but he ended up gutting that for another project vehicle. (which was sad, he's been a dodge mechanic for 20 yearsw, it looked like shit, but was mint mechanically)

Should be able to save up 5K before tax return season.
Credit is nowhere near good enough for a loan, thanks to student loans.

whats something reliable, cheap, and cheap to fix?

not my pic i have the sedan

and its muh first post on /o/ no bully
>>
>>13979399
also going to the post after posting seems to be broken for this board

gave me a 404 on post, silly 4chan
>>
>>13979399
>reliable, cheap, and cheap to fix?
Corolla
>>
>>13979399
Huh, my dad owns a '95 Mirage LS Coupe, not the most common car, did you buy it used?
>>
>>13979507
yup

then we found out its got a magical "oil burn"

doesnt drip oil at all

yet burns it and makes my rear bumper

dumbfounded 3 mechanics, spent just about more than i paid for the car ($1500) fixing rings and seals.

still burns.

let my 20yr dodge mechanic friend, and the only think he can think of has already been replaced

its gotten me to parties and back for years
time to get a new one
>>
Are you looking for anything in particular?
like something sporty, or something run of the mill like a Civic or Corolla?
>>
>>13979532
i dobut i can find something fun and sporty under 5K
any ideas?

i was only going to pay $600 for the shelby.... sigh
>>
>>13979519
FYI the answer is always miata unless you find yourself in a relationship with an AW11.

My dad bought his mirage new and in red from a dealership that received it as a test car and only had 117 miles on it now, It's got like 290k on the clock and still runs great- no huge oil burning or any leaking at all.
>>
>>13979576
oh yeah, for $5k
>>
>>13979576
>found local hardtops for $3500
oh shit, didnt think these were so cheap

>dem pop up lights
adorable

but my uncles firebird always had issues with those lights, should i look for static lights on a slightly newer miata?
>>
>>13979570
Miata
MR2
SN95
F-Body
FB
Celica
GTI
>>
>>13979399
Do an Evo swap so you can have a sikk Evo coupe. Even though you can't import an Evo in one piece yet, you can still import a front end and drivetrain.
>>
>>13979622
I don't think people report issues with the headlight very often
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.