[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The hell is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So I bought this 2004 Nissan Sentra a few months ago and for the first 12000km it's driven great but in the last week for some reason it's gone to shit.

Every once in a while it will feel like my front brakes go on a teeny bit and at which point I have a lot less power. After driving I smell burning brakes and they feel hot as fuck.

Then two days ago my car went from being maybe a little loud to fill straight pipe ricer loud. Then 10 mins ago I go to drive the fucking thing and this thing falls down while I am driving. Any idea what it is and what the fuck is going on?
>>
Picture was taken with a potato.
Looks like your exhaust rusted off and spun around.
That's the metal arm that goes into the hanger.
If you can't try to fix things yourself and just bitch about buying a used car online then you can't afford to own a used car.
You need to go to a dealer and get monthly payments.
>>
>>13977558
I have no problem fixing it myself its just 4am.

Try not being a fuckin asshole
>>
>>13977558
Try not being a fuckin asshole
>>
>>13977562
>Brosifine
>Not be an asshole

Yeah that'll never happen.

Anyway OP you need to git gud and go buy a welder. Man up. Fix that exhaust.

Also take your calipers off and grease the slide pins, see if that helps.
>>
>>13977562
>>13977558

>brosifine makes a useful post
>car-illiterate OP gives him shit anyway
mein sides
>>
>>13977567
I tried the slide pins already and everything else seems to be working fine but I'll take another look.

>>13977570
wow you took your tripcode off
>>
>>13977581
perhaps the piston is seizing up when hot? i had a problem of the piston working fine up until i drove in traffic for a while and it would start seizing.
>>
>>13977617
Maybe, it weirdly seems to happen mostly in one area of my city but i think that is mostly coincidal.

It happens randomly out of nowhere and then eventually goes away
>>
>>13977558

Myeah, looks like the stabilzing-arm that holds and stabilizes the exhaust has rusted off to me aswell. It attaches onto the exhaust with a soft "rubber" part to prevent vibration and knocking

Your brakes sound like you have either a brake-booster malfunctioning or atleast one of your calipers not properly retreating their pistons.
When does this happen? Do they "stick" after you've been braking heavily, or do they just seem to go on by themselves?
>>
Cat is clogged giving loss of power and massive exhaust heat
>>
>>13977630
I just went to fuck around with it and it seems you are right as it has a soft rubber part. I was able to flip it around so it wont drag for now.

The brakes just seem to go by themselves as it will sometimes happen in the middle of the highway when i had not applied the brake in minutes. thanks for the info.

>>13977634
I'll start looking into it thanks for the info
>>
>>13977650

And its very sudden and noticeable that they "engage"?
>>
>>13977661
yeah it is, if im in 6th on the highway I start losing acceleration even if I were flooring it. I have to go down to 5th to keep up pace.

There is no movement to either side though so it must be 50/50
>>
>>13977670
It sounds really fucking strange... and you are sure its your brakes? Have you actually felt around the wheel to see if its hot as fuck? A seized caliper will make your wheel nearly untouchable from the heat
>>
>>13977680
its for sure my brakes, they smell terrible after and you can feel the heat through the hubcap. Not even a little warm, its hot
>>
File: 20150911_173922_resized_1.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20150911_173922_resized_1.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>13977687

Alright - first I'd try to give them a proper bleeding and see if it works out. If that doesn't resolve it then get new calipers, pads and rotors

Do these have discs at the rear axle or drums?
>>
>>13977690
all around discs. Its only happening for the front brakes though.

Canadian tire installed the brakes originally according to the previous owner so that probably speaks volumes.
>>
>>13977706

They salt the roads around your parts at winter aswell? Thats the main killer of calipers where I live, having replaced all four of mine after one seized
>>
>>13977710
No salt this year yet and the pads were replaced in the summer, but ill be sure to look out for that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.