[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How under-powered is the 5.4L 3 valve V8 in a Ford Super Duty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 2008-2010 F250.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2008-2010 F250.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
How under-powered is the 5.4L 3 valve V8 in a Ford Super Duty? I am thinking about getting a truck as my first personal vehicle. The 6.8L V10s are hard to find, and the V8 Tritons are a dime a dozen and damn, I love how the base model headlights on the 2008-2010 models look.

I would probably get a 4x4 (I live in the Midwest, so it might be nice for getting through deeper snow when the plows haven't been out), and probably a regular cab. The 4x4 t. cases add weight, but the two door cab might help offset this.
>>
They are fine on power.

They are also fine on failing catastrophically and being an utter whore to work on.
>>
>>13977284
So why exactly do you feel it necessary to purchase a large-frame gas-guzzling truck as a personal vehicle?
>>
They produce around 300HP and a lot more torque than that. It'll be fine for ploughing and basic 4x4. Not sure what do you mean by triton as a separate engine?
>>
>>13977284
>5.4L 3 valve V8
>personal vehicle
>>
>>13977290
With the later models, the only real complaint I have seen are the spark plugs being a bitch to get out. The engine was on the line for over a decade, I don't think even Ferd would keep a terrible engine line running if they didn't have merit.

>>13977293
>Be me
>Got an under the table landscaping job over the summer for this one rabbi I know
>Use my grandpa's Corolla
>Have to keep the rear seat folded 24/7, rake and shovel handles sticking between the front seats

Such is the life of a student. With a truck, I can literally do any unskilled labor there is. Mount a plow and now I can do driveways in a fraction of the time. Fill it with shovels, rakes, and a lawnmower, and now I'm a landscaper.
>>
>>13977303
I wasn't referring to it as a different engine, I decided to say Triton because writing 5.4L over and over is annoying and looks silly.

>>13977305
Is there a problem with this?
>>
>>13977306
so that is not a personal vehicle, but more like a work vehicle.

also,
>oi vey
>>
>>13977310
yea, it's pretty dumb fucking retarded to get a gas guzzling, 6000lb dipshit mobile that takes up 4 parking spots as a personal vehicle.
>>
File: Sept 5th 1695.jpg (416 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sept 5th 1695.jpg
416 KB, 1280x720
>>13977315
Why dont you worry about yourself a bit more eh. Here's my big diesel. Putting a lift kit in it this weekend.
>>
File: DSC_0427.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0427.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>13977315
>>13977305
>>13977293
Europeans detected.
>not daily driving a v8
>>
>>13977311
It would still be my personal vehicle, due to the fact that it would be my only vehicle. And the job wasn't that bad. I did get $7/hr for tax free cash.

>>13977315
>implying
I said I wouldn't be driving very far, so I am not too concerned with the >EMPEEGEES. The regular cab is also the shorted wheelbase there is, and it doesn't look much longer than the average minivan.
>>
>>13977329
>implying you don't drive the CRX 90% of the time, otherwise that fucking monster would put you in the poorhouse. don't even lie.
>>
>>13977342
>Making assumptions of people's financial situation on a Tuvan lint-collage consortium

The F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the US since, like, the 1980s. Tee fact of the matter is that outside of urban areas, a shitload of people DD full-size pickups
>>
File: Sept 5th 939.jpg (503 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sept 5th 939.jpg
503 KB, 1280x720
>>13977342
>implying I have a CRX any more

Truck is 100% the DD. Everything else is a project.
>>
>>13977306
Yes but you also have to daily the thing. A 5.4 v8 is easy enough to feed if you're driving it ~5-10 miles a day 3-2 times a week when something needs to be hauled and you're being paid by the hour to do so, but when you're a student you're going to be spending a lot of time studying and earning 0 dollars while trying to budget a vehicle to get just your own posterior to class which is hard when you're driving a truckasaurus that averages 10 mpg.

What you need is a Ford Ranger/Mazda B-Series or any other smaller 4-cylinder truck. Enough room to haul your tools and maybe some dirt and shit in the bed but not so much fucking truck you'll go broke driving it when you aren't earning money for doing so.
>>13977336
You say that now. MPG on even a small truck is shitty. MPG on the one you listed is terrible. You'll be kicking yourself once it sets in how much money you're wasting by driving a truck that is simply too big to be suitable for your needs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.