[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second time a teenage girl has almost killed me, should I give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 10
File: IMG_1299_2.jpg (592 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1299_2.jpg
592 KB, 1200x1600
Second time a teenage girl has almost killed me, should I give up riding?
>>
Post the fucking story you dumb shit attention whore
>>
>>13976599
Jesus christ, storytime OP.
>>
>>13976599
Story time?
>>
>>13976599
Christ
>>
>>13976599
3rd time's a charm OP, don't give up yet
>>
Chick made an illegal left out of a gas station drove over a orange pilon I had no reaction time speed limit was 40 I was going 45-50 woke up in hospital 3 weeks later went to gas station spoke with the man who came to my rescue said it was 3 girls in a car possibly high said they bought shit from him acting funny.

I Tboned just in front of driver door
>>
>>13976599
You obviously cannot into prediction and reading the traffic mang. How long do you ride?
>>
>>13976599
>>13976628

suesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesue
>>
>>13976630
Year 6 this is the second total of my bike never been deemed at fault though I first blamed myself for speeding I know its her fault for pulling the illegal left and not looking first
>>
>>13976642
Her policy was 15 k I got a lawyer her insurance has kproperty damage so my 9k gix 750 isnt getting its value
>>
>>13976628
>woke up in hospital 3 weeks later
So you were in a coma? Or did you fail grammar in 6th grade?
>>
>>13976628
Did they run?
>>
>>13976628
lol
buy a car, you wouldn't have taken such a long nap
>>
>>13976628
Here is the lesson for you - ALWAYS be ready for shit like that before EVERY intersection (including that type of it) even if it's a brightest day and you can't see cars around.
>>
>>13976652
Woke up in hospital, then 3 weeks later went to gas station when I could walk

5k property damage
>>
G E T
E
T

A

L A W Y E R
A
W
Y
E
R

Also, yes fuck motorbikes. Get a nice sports car. Still fun, except you wont fucking die.
>>
>>13976658
And yes. Your speeding is not an issue here. It just an issue with drivers who can't spot or who cant comprehend motorcycle speed and estimate a distance to it. So just be ready to swerve or brake anytime
>>
>>13976653
Didn't run got put at fault but her insurance is minimum for Cali so I got fucked hard
>>
>>13976665
>Get a nice sports car. Still fun, except you wont fucking die.
Absolutely two different things mate. You can compare them as a speed boat and a plane. Both fun but in a totally different way
>>
The lawyer said she had no assets so I can't even sue her I don't think she was only 20 has nojob
>>
>>13976680

sue. Maybe daddy can pay.
>>
>>13976669
I always ride very defensively since the first accident years ago but the first time you let your guard down they sneak attack. I saw her pull out to the curb then right as I was next to her she pulled out all I saw was a blur about a foot in front then I went superman
>>
>>13976680
Mate, I'm glad you're doing well, but godamit you need to use some fucking grammar, bruv.

Also, that sucks that the cunt can't be sued. Take her car
>>
>>13976680
You can garnish future wages m8, get a better attorney.
>>
Why don't you just try paying attention while riding?

Even if it's her fault it was probably avoidable by you. You have to ride with the mentality that anything someone could do they will do.

Like turning left in front of you.. if you're going the speed limit or anticipating the turn then it should easily be avoidable.
>>
>>13976699
I'll talk to my lawyer I feel wronged but mostly because this chicks prolly still gonna be on the road and thinks minimum insurance is all she needs and that everything worked out fine for her after she almost killed someone
>>
>>13976651
>>13976642
>>13976665
Yep. Consult a few lawyers. You can probably sue her and the owner of the car in small clams court and get what your bike was worth + attorney fees and missed pay depending on the state.
>>13976680
>The lawyer said she had no assets
Lol doesn't matter, your lawyer doesn't see himself making quick cash so he/she is blowing you off. You can still seek damages in small claims court in most states and have her wages garnished or have the state force her to make payments once she eventually gets a job.
>>
>>13976706
Totaled her car too my bike was lodged halfway though her hood
>>
>>13976719
>car jumps median to u-turn in traffic
>his fault

The only thing he's at fault for is riding without a surveillance camera on his helmet and getting a shitty lawyer.
>>
>>13976719
Illegal left she drove over a orange road pylon near my house never seen someone drive through a barrier like that now I know
>>
>>13976733
Will defiantly look into this also my first time getting a lawyer I should have done more research but I'll callup the lawyer again
>>
>>13976719
Because it's impossible to get into an accident if you're paying attention
>>
>>13976762
i literally saw the blur a foot in front of me seemed like my bike got sucked out from under me out of nowhere I thought I hit a SUV when I woke up it was only a civic
>>
>>13976658
>always be ready for someone to drive over orange traffic cones and kill you

>>13976680
Wage garnishing is a thing. However, when people say "sue them lololol", it's not quite that cut and dry. I actually sued someone who hit me for depreciated value on a brand new car. I got $3000 from their insurer.

You don't sue the girl directly, you actually sue her insurer for damages. You have to go through the whole process and serve her notice and their insurer picks it up. You have to pay everything upfront out of pocket. It's a HUGE HASSLE but you have to do what you gotta do to protect yourself and your assets.
>>
>>13976775
Yeah man, it's not your fault, don't let any of these retards tell you you're at fault for not predicting the fucking future
>>
>>13976778
The lawyer said we'd get her whole policy but the policy was only 15k so after my 11k hospital bill which got reduced Im walking away with about 5k after lawyer fees n shit
>>
>>13976790
Thanks man, I wish I had worn my go pro would have had a helluva video to share with you guys
>>
>>13976758
>I'll callup the lawyer again
>the lawyer
Nah man your doing it wrong. Go see a few lawyers for free consultations. Most lawyers, especially the expensive ones won't even bother with cases unless it's a quick settlement or is going to be a long case with many hours of work. The thing here if your stating the facts is: it's obvious who's at fault, that person has no money. No money means lawyer doesn't get paid.
>>13976778
Yep. So consult a few low prices lawyers. Might take a thousand or two but once you win in small claims court you can have the legal costs added on to the damages. Whats the worst that can happen? Waste a few hours listening to small sharks also say "We really can't do anything productive in this situation, sorry."
>>
>>13976762
Basically, yeah.

2 totaled bikes in 6 years is a lot.

this one sounds unavoidable if she went across a barrier randomly, but the vast majority of accidents are avoidable even if they aren't your fault.
>>
>>13976599
rip before pix?
>>
>>13976811
Currently there just going for her insurance policy can I walk away from this mid case or do I get another lawyer after this and go to small claims to cover what wasn't?
>>
>>13976795
Holy fucking shit, what the fuck kind of policy is only 15k? If she were to hit someone and total a new car then what? You gotta consult a different accident lawyer and get their free consultation. I cannot think of a single insurer with a policy that low. The minimum I can even pay for with my insurer is 100k and it only goes up from there.

My policy seperates medical costs and repair costs, so I could potentially get assfucked for like 400k if I somehow cause a 10 car pile up and kill people.
>>
>>13976811
>whats the worst that could happen

you waste all your money when you lose in small claims.

Or you waste a lot of money and time for a small pay out.
>>
>>13976832
My phone was blown apart in my pocket I only have the pic from when I picked it up at the tow yard typical black white gix 750 with a streetfight headlight had a two broa pipe but nothing too special Power commander DID chain sliders only had 10k miles on this one
>>
>>13976833
Wawanesa insurance
>>
>>13976820
Not in America, where people get their licenses from cereal boxes. Sure, most accidents are avoidable, but sometimes they are not. The fact is you have no clue whether he could have prevented either of the accidents
>>
>>13976643
you should've been looking for her m8. I always see anyone even waiting to turn into the road when I'm driving/riding
>>
>>13976881
Two lanes I was in the farthest lane she turned illegal left across two lanes of oncoming and hit me. At the scene her car was ON the divider pylon I had made the lane change to avoid cars turning out
>>
>>13976670
Wh-.. What?

How is that a valid minimum?

Here in Canada we have huge liability coverages..

Liability is for anything that you cause, right? So if I rear end you, it pays for when the insurance company eventually gets sued for the damages to the car and hospital bills and whatnot.. And I know for me, as a young male, my minimum liability is 2 million. Not 15 fucking thousand. Especially in a country without real Medicare, where a bruise sets you back one full mortgage.

Am I missing something? Does 15k not strike anybody else as entirely ridiculous? What if she had killed you? When your family sues for hundreds of thousands, what the fuck happens? Is it just "lol whoops here's 15k, I'm going to go buy a new card with Dad's money and file for bankruptcy myself so that you don't get another dime"?
>>
>>13976895
I also had a cow when I heard this news but its real I'm getting fucked hard
>>
>>13976868
America has the same standard of drivers as anywhere else. If you think otherwise you're a dumbass.

>sure most accidents are avoidable
yeah thats what i said

>but sometimes they are not
yeah thats what i said

thanks for agreeing
>>
>>13976909
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=ins&subject=ins_req&story=state-insurance-requirements

>minimums range from $15k to $50k

Jesus Christ.. I pay a lot in insurance, everyone does, everyone complains, but if it means avoiding getting fucked for something you (possibly) had no control over?

I mean... That amount applies to pedestrians, people in the convenience store you run into, etc. How is this acceptable?

I always assumed you guys had similar minimums as we do, around the 1mil mark on average. Probably could get lower, haven't looked but maybe 500k, but for the yearly price difference, I think most people go with 1mil+.
>>
>>13976978
canada's minimums are generally 200k but have to cover a random bunch of other stuff on top of that
>>
>>13976978
Cali is where I'm at I should phone my insurance and see what they'll kick toward me for under insured most of this has just been in the hands of my lawyer while I play the waiting game
>>
You was still going at up to 25% over the speed limit. Taking into account your not anticipating a retard to pull out, and two bikes in six years, you need to learn to ride better.
>>
>>13976599
You should be having her ride you.
>>
>>13976599

No. Have a tupperware full of diarrhea readily available on your bike, follow her, then put it into her A/C intake.

Or buy some really fucking loud pipes and a train horn then wear Hi-Viz gear all the time.
>>
>>13976669
it's not like that extra speed makes it harder to brake/react faster when someone does something stupid on the road
>>
>>13977032
I'll bet you predict cars will drive over medians all the time I should ride more like you didn't even have a second of reaction time
>>
>>13977059
> I should ride more like you

I've been riding 18 years and have never had an accident.
I have this thing called 'awareness'. Maybe if you had some, you'd be able to realise that speeding and not looking around, is going to fuck your shit up.

In 6 years, you've lost 2 bikes. Not saying I don't have sympathy for you, but... come on man. Can't ride like babby's first day in a sports car.
>>
Why do you retards ride in traffic anyway? Basically asking to get killed.

Motorcycles should be weekend, after work, bikes that you go on rides out of the town on.

If I rode a motorcycle I'd spend very little time in traffic. Just long enough to get from my house to a road out of the city.
>>
>>13977088
I was as aware as I could be, I hear you I should have ridden slower. But at the same time I lane changed Just in case she pulled out in front of me turns out she pulls illegal left over a barrier you can't tell me you predict cars will drive over dividers and the bike went under me before I knew what happened
>>
>>13976628
>I Tboned just in front of driver door
Then why are your forks fine?
LIAR
>>
>>13976678

>speed boat has a tendency to fly off the handle and wreck itself regardless of training

>plane doesn't

you're a retard
>>
>>13977125
My frame snapped on sides by the radiator forks were leaking but together but were dangling by cables when forklifted into trailer>>13977127
>>
>>13977127
Look at my front wheel
>>
>>13976762
This is the absolute dumbest reply I have ever seen on /o/
>>
>>13976599
You obviously suck at riding. I've been riding 8 years now with 0 accidents in LA traffic, 60 miles a day.

Close calls every now and then, but it isn't that hard. I don't understand why people get motorcycles and crash every month. Stop being a retard.

Some retard I knew, crashed his bike, went to the hospital for 3 months, came back, bought another bike, and crashed within a month, broke his hand.
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
it's just time to start returning the favor
>>
>>13977339
You're a regard m8
>>
>>13976790
i don't think anyone's saying it was his fault..

the best advice i ever got for riding was to always pretend everyone is trying to kill you

it's sound advice and i've saved myself some grave situations by to heeding it
>>
>speeding in higher traffic intersections
>speeding in construction zones

Why did you squid so much
>>
File: 1445310893886.png (88 KB, 315x395) Image search: [Google]
1445310893886.png
88 KB, 315x395
I'd say it's about fair time to give it up, or just keep it to the track.

Things do happen but if you've totalled this badly twice I'd not wait around for a third.

I'd rather lose another rider to retirement then to the pavement.
>>
>>13976859
Dude. Did you get brain damage, or were you previously retarded?
>>
>>13976654

>you wouldn't have taken such a long nap

High kek
>>
>>13976862

Is this owned by an African American woman?
>>
>>13976762
the shitpost king has returned
>>
>>13976628
>I had no reaction time

>was 40
>I was going 45-50

There's the reason.
>>
>>13976833
Yeah what if op wasn't broke and had something worth money to ride around on then she would have really boned him!
>>
>>13979545
What does that have to do with anything? People should only drive bikes on roads with speed limits under 40?
>>
>>13977125
His frame is split.
>>
This is why I slow down and cover my brakes whenever I see someone waiting to make a turn ahead of me.
>>
>>13979814
You do not have to increase your speed much in order to significantly worsen your brake distance.
>>
>>13979814
>>13980133
>>13979871
>>13979545
it doesn't even sound like op had time to react, he literally had someone turn into him from the opposite lane running over a barrier to do so which made it even more unexpected
>>
File: 4cyl eng.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
4cyl eng.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>sportbike

OH no no no there is more to this story

see OP tried to do some WAT HECKTICK bullshit pop a wheelie or some shit and hit HER, all sport bike riders are fucking retarded college kids 9/10 it was OPies fault
>>
File: 1442347138854.png (7 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1442347138854.png
7 KB, 166x166
>>13980151
>all this cager assmad

tob kek
>>
>>13980176
>cager

lmao no

when was the last time you heard of a Cruiser rider smashing into a car because hes 16 years old in highschool with mommies money sportbike? literally never

sportbike riders are retarded as fuck
OP deserved it and nothing of value was lost
its a shame he didnt die or at least quadriplegic
>>
File: 1447210328348.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1447210328348.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>13980202
>when was the last time you heard of a Cruiser rider smashing into a car

all the time you memer fuck
>>
File: pepe-enough.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
pepe-enough.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
>>13976628
It's payback time OP.
>>
>>13976599
What bike is dis?
>>
>>13980202
>when was the last time you heard of a Cruiser rider smashing into a car

i almost saw it this morning because he forgot he had a front brake lever on his handlebars
>>
>>13980223
>>13980211
lies and sportkek damage control
>>
File: 1447208594002.jpg (17 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1447208594002.jpg
17 KB, 250x245
>>13980225
MEMER FUCK
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>13976599
Good to see you're alive mang.

And that $15k, that is fucked up. I can't believe it's that low. Is it possible to claim any of the medical or damages on your own insurance?

You also may be able to settle the medical bills for something less. When I got run over, I had ~$3k in medical bills and workers comp billed. So after I got my check from dude's insurance, I talked with the claims company who dealt with medical and everything, and only ended up owing them like $1000.

Still trying to get that money, what a clusterfuck.
>insurance co mails me settlement check made out to me and claims co
>after a month, claims co finally tells me what I owe and tells me to mail them endorsed check and they cut me a check for the remainder
>over a month after mailing check, hear nothing from claims co
>call and e-mail a bunch for a week, they finally tell me they haven't seen the check
>call insurance co this week and tell them to stop payment on missing check and send a new one
>claims co calls me two days later and says they found the check that is now cancelled
>now sitting in limbo trying to figure out if new check is getting sent, if they can send me a check and another to the claims co since we negotiated the amt I owe, or if that original check was even cancelled yet

And when dealing with these people, nobody answers their phone. You leave them 5 voicemails and hope they call back a few days later. I really want my $$ by Christmas. Accident happened almost a year ago btw.
>>
>>13976978
nigga do you really think people need 1 million in insurance? Man fuck that shit. if I had that high a rate I'd just drive into the Freedom Tower in New York for shits n giggles
>>
>>13980491
If you kill an idiot on a bicycle, you need the liability.
>inb4 I'm a bad driver

I have a perfect record, not even so much as a speeding ticket, because I stay aware.

However I've personally seen someone rear ended. Hard. By people who must not have been paying attention. No way both parties walked away without some serious medical bills.

You're telling me you don't want that guy (though it was a woman, obviously) to have good insurance? You're telling me you don't want your insurance to be able to cover what Shirley Cantdrive's doesn't? Then you're an idiot.

Nanny laws like this exist in civilized countries because people like me hate people like you, who think their paltry $100/yr matters more than my (or your) potential million dollar injuries.

I bet you play the lottery.
>>
>>13976680
Then garnish her paychecks for life. There is no way you should be getting anything less than a few hundred thousand.
>>
>>13976663
god damn that was poorly worded. Did you just leave it like to that so people would think you were in a coma?
>>
>>13981712
Not sure if it works like that. You're entitled to fair compensation, which generally means he has to have some sort of loss. Other than the medical bills, if he's feeling good and no long lasting effects, she gets off easy.

Anybody can sue for any amount at any time for anything, you don't need proof to get things to claims court (literally Judge Judy). You do need proof and facts and the law to actually receive any money.

So OP, wear a neckbrace to court and get chummy with some shady doctors who love to write notes.
>>
>>13981712
you're retarded
>>
>>13976680
Cunt is probably never get a job, get pregnant and marry some beta.

Sue the family estate or talk to her into giving you blowjobs for life.
>>
>>13981795
>coma for 3 weeks
>wake up and feel fine

A. OP lost 3 weeks of not only his work and/or education, he lost 3 weeks of his LIFE
B. there is no possible way he is back 100% to normal now
C. there is no possible way he won't have long lasting effects

OP you have to advocate for yourself. If your attitude is "uhhhhh I guess she has only 15k so I can't even get the cost of my bike uhhh whatever guess I'm getting screwed" you won't get shit and it's your fault for not going after it. There are plenty of lawyers out there that can get you what you deserve (a lot of money if your story is true), you have no excuse not to get a big settlement.
>>
>>13981832
See >>13976663

Losing 3 weeks of work (assuming he did) is absolutely a loss, as are the medical bills, as are the bike. But if he's fine now, then unfortunately this bitch does get off easy with what I doubt will be more than a couple grand out of pocket.

>11k medical + 3k lost wages + 5k bike = 19k, call it 20k.
>insurance pays all but 5k
>she continues paying for minimum insurance since her rates will now be even higher, while OP fights to get that 5k out of her
>>
>>13981832
are you retarded or what? that's what insurance is for.
you take this risk when you ride a motorcycle. people are fucking stupid.

you can't just sue for negligence in certain states depending on how insurance works there.
>someone did something stupid i should be able to sue them for life no matter what!
you're cancerous as fuck. good luck trying to sue if they havent even been convicted in criminal court rofl.

what baffles me is how op went into a coma while wearing a helmet in only a 40mph crash.
>>
>>13981863
First of all there's no possible way the hospitable bill is 11k, that might be OPs out of pocket, but nothing is that cheap in California. If they sue the person they have to go after the actual cost of the hospital stay. On top of that, the property, and lost wages a settlement also accounts for future medical expenses and lost wages likely to occur from the accident. Most importantly there is a general multiplier which is 1.5 to 5x the cost of the rest of the settlement. I don't know if you live outside the US or are just making stuff up but your idea of how personal injury settlements/lawsuits work is way off.
>>
>>13981832
my dad's friend got fucked up on a bike (hit by a woman of course) and he got like 120-150k. get your check op
>>
>>13976599
SUE AND WIN, OP

don't be a pushover, don't give up
>>
>>13981893
>what is pain and suffering
>what is emotional damage
>what lying about back pain
This wasn't an accident you retard. This was gross negligence. She jumped a curb. If OP gets himself a nice lawyer he'll get the pay day he deserves. This IS America after all, he can garnish her checks for life. Assuming the car was in the girls parents name he can sue her family too.
>>
>>13981915
These are all things that he absolutely CAN sue for. But as I said, you can sue for anything. Doesn't mean you get it.

He'll be found partially at fault if they discover he was speeding (if this goes to trial, if it's settled out of court everything discussed here basically goes out the window). He would also have to prove that there are future injuries caused solely by this accident, which, unless he says otherwise, it doesn't sound like there are. Concussion and some leg injuries is all we can actually assume at this point (note that he was NOT in a coma for 3 days, just missed some grammar classes).

>1.5 to 5x multiplier
[citation needed]

That's something that the lawyers do, similar to the MSRP of a vehicle: ask for more so that you settle for what you want.

When's the last time you have EVER seen "X seeks 1mil damages from Y. X receives 1mil from Y".

If it goes to court, the defence will tear apart any claims above what was actually lost.

As for the 11k being less than actual in cali... No clue. Can't attest to that bit.
>>
>>13976735
nice
>>
>>13981915
You don't know what state op lives in. This may come as a shocking surprise to you but california laws only work in california.

There are a lot of states where civil court is basically off limits in no-fault accidents.
>>
>>13980202
>cruiser

stopped reading there
>>
>>13981995
>no-fault accident
>California
nope
>>
>>13981956
>pain and suffering
>emotional damage
Jesus, you're cancer to society.

If op can prove she was negligent he can get from her what her insurance won't cover, if his state allows that.

No judge is going to give him money for pain, suffering, and emotional damage lol.
He can sue for 500 million dollars if he wants doesn't mean he's gonna get more than the part of his medical bills and bike that insurance won't cover.

And he won't even get that until she has assets and an income over whatever the threshold is for him to pursue collection.
>>
>>13982048
reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
>>
>>13981832
OP wasn't in a coma retard, did you even read the thread
>>
>>13982077
Could be wrong, but I think all states would allow that. Can't imagine that the state would have a law that says "she was cheap so everyone she kills is shit outta luck".

Otherwise, completely agree.

However he should be able to get everything from the insurance company. 5k property damages and 15k injuries to a single person are the minimums in Cali. Which should cover almost exactly what his claims would be, give or take a couple grand.
>>
>>13982077
>No judge is going to give him money for pain, suffering, and emotional damage lol.
You are the cancer of society. If losing three weeks of your life isn't suffering then what is? Faggots like you are the type to argue for claim caps. You know what cancer is? Breaking basic traffic laws with out regard for human life. This wasn't an accident. This is negligence.

>And he won't even get that until she has assets and an income over whatever the threshold is for him to pursue collection.
The threshold is 0 dollars dumbass. You can't escape from a court judgement. Are you actually retarded or do you think your shitty state laws are everywhere? Besides, if she is that poor she doesn't work the car is in her parents name anyways. Sue them, after all they are the idiots who failed to have sufficient insurance.

Do you even live in America or are you a claim's adjuster?
>>
>>13982304
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Not going to bother restating what I already have.
>>
>>13982084
There is like one or two no fault states for accidents. This isn't one of them. No need to spill your random facts about other states in here. Besides dumbass, you would sue your own insurance company. That is how no-fault works. Its not no one gets paid.
>>
>>13982315
Fact: Unless a law prohibits it he may sue for suffering.
Fact: Insurance companies settle all the time for amounts far beyond medical bills just for this reason
When your wage is garnished every dollar earned is subject to be withheld by the state as ordered. Otherwise people would escape paying child support by being poor. Don't be an idiot.

Any more cancer you wish to spread?
>>
>>13982331
You're refuting things I never said..

>>13982316
There's like 20 and see above.
>>
>>13982349
There is 12 apparently. And the idea you cannot seek redress in civil court is absurd.
>live in no-fault state
>insurance keks me and underpays
>no legal redress cuz can't into civil court
No. Just. No.
>You're refuting things I never said
That he cannot sue, and likely win, for claims beyond medical and vehicle? Absolutely. If three weeks in a coma isn't deserving of a pay out nothing is. Fuck, my gf just got a 10k payout after being rear ended and she had no injuries. They settled just to prevent her from suing for suffering or possible future medical claims. I've also never heard of an income threshold before garnishment, if it in fact exists that is obviously exclusive to your state. This isn't I slipped on my neighbors sidewalk frivolous claim this is a man who almost lost his life due to negligence and is deserving of just compensation. Have you ever met an ambulance chaser? OP needs to seek a competent lawyer and not listen to people like you, or me.
>>
Fucking Americans... whats with you cunts and suing bloody everyone?
It is like getting sued is a national pass time over there.
>>
>>13982403
Are you fucking dumb.. he wasn't in a coma. There's nothing fucking wrong with him. He wasn't hurt.
>>
>>13983036
entitlement
>>
>>13983036
>someone breaks your shit
>they don't pay for it
Is this how the justice system works in yurop? No wonder you guys were so ready to bend over for all the Ahmeds swarming in.
>>
>>13983055
insurance pays for it
>>
>>13983036
they dont have free healthcare and their loving goverment wont increase the minimum wage to a decent level. its starting to spread in england too. but atleast we have free healthcare and a nice meloncholy look on life
>>
>>13983055
In Australia if your car is uninsured it is un road worthy. You have to at the least have bomb insurance which will pay out whoever you run into but not your own car.
>>
>>13983076
Oh and the TAC (Transit accident authority) covers any medical bills if you are found to not be at fault, they will even pay out your estimated earnings until you would have retired if you are unable to work again after the accident, that is how my mum bought her house.
>>
>>13976658
>always wait a second and check before going through a fresh green light

It doesn't mean NOBODY is going to go through that red, it's always a good idea to check
>>
>>13977099
Do you have private roads or something? What do you think traffic is? Does traffic just DISAPPEAR on weekends?
>>
>>13981749

He probably wanted us to think he was in a comma
>>
>>13983062
>i don't know economics the post
>>
>>13983118
Not everyone lives in the city and those that do should own a smart car and a push bike.
>>
>>13981684
>Nanny laws like this exist in civilized countries because people like me hate people like you, who think their paltry $100/yr matters more than my (or your) potential million dollar injuries.

Not who you replied to, but CA government loves nanny laws.

Unfortunately, they also need to be realistic- this is a state that started issuing drivers licenses to illegal immigrants because people were getting sick of getting hit-and-run by beaners driving unregistered, uninsured vehicles. Major police departments in CA stopped impounding unregistered vehicles at checkpoints because that policy is apparently unfairly discriminatory to illegal immigrants.

I'm sure the argument against raising the minimums is met with an assertion that the increased cost will just cause more motorists to drive uninsured.
>>
ITT:

>Genuinely sympathetic people
>People who think bike riders have a million eyes, 5 ears and have super senses.
>Trolls
>'Can't predict traffic'
>'Always be ready for everything'

Some people in this thread are fucking retarded.
>>
>>13983337
don't forget the absolutely shite insurance crap, too. I live in SK and drove a small pickup. I was on a grid road and found ice where I didn't expect it, and hit a Jeep. Wrote off my car, but the other could be repaired. My insurance paid for it all, I got $5000 for my truck after the $1000 deductible, and that was it. My insurance rate went straight up, but it was done as soon as it started, really. I can't imagine how absolutely retarded insurance companies are in the states, or even in other provinces for that matter. in Saskatchewan our insurance is a Crown corporation.
>>
>>13983382
Do other countries not have a TAC?
read
>>13983076
>>13983089
>>
>>13981893
i successfully sued some one and their case got thrown out of court by the prosecutor, its easier to sue in a civil case than a real one.
>>
>>13983385
nope. it sounds like one hell of a good idea. I bet your insurance is pretty expensive, though.
>>
>>13983393
Full compo that is for you and all involved parties if it is your fault is around $900ish a year, bomb insurance is maybe $300, depends on the car, and your registration is what pays for the TAC to do things like pay for medical bills.
>>
>>13983408
Cost also depends on your driver rating. bad driver that crashes a lot = expensive insurance, good driver that has never had an accident = dirt cheap insurance
>>
>>13976680
Get over with it.
You chose to ride, you know the possible consequences of the thrill machine
>>
>>13983452
you are fucking retarded
>>
>>13983304
>where my country gone, the state
>>
>>13976628
did you died?
>>
>>13976599
Yup, sue the fuck out of them and buy a nice car.
>>
I see you have eluded natural selection twice now, I say keep riding.
>>
>>13976628
>wakes up from a 3 week coma
>decides to shitpost
>>
>>13976998
i'm in canada.. minimum is a million
>>
File: 58784a5fe4c33ca3492c07e9559052eb.jpg (340 KB, 1254x1771) Image search: [Google]
58784a5fe4c33ca3492c07e9559052eb.jpg
340 KB, 1254x1771
you were in a fucking coma?
No way I'd settle for anything less than a million.

everyone has assets, force her to sell her car, sell her cloths, sell her fucking dog. Does she have parents? fuck her inheretance over, make them break the trust fund. Does she have a 401k, or life insurance, education savings? Force her to break that too.
If your lawyer hasn't facebook stalked her to find drug use yet, he isn't jewish enough.
She had friends in the car? They're liable too in civil court as well.

Seriously, don't fuck around. If she isn't sucking cocks for food after this, you failed.
>>
>>13987939
brootal
>>
>>13987939
OP is from cali and therefore a kek.
like what you said though, ill keep in mind if anyone ever hits my car and has shitty insurance.
>>
>>13976599
You posted a yes or no question. If you want to live a long prosperous life and meet your grandchildren stop riding. Get a fun convertible. I got an s2000 after my bike accident and I've been happy since
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.