[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depreciation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Holy fuck, Maserati's deprecate like shit
http://www.maseratiofcentralnj.com/detail-2009-maserati-granturismo-2dr_coupe-used-14044100.html

My local dealer has a 2009 Maserati granturismo for 57,375

This is a car that is more than 120,000+ when new

Literally more than 50% depreciation in 6 years

Any other cars that deprecate like this?
>>
>>13975043
Literally any car over 30k will be worth less than half that in 6 years.
>>
Op here

I can afford it, but should I get it?
>>
>>13975072
No
They are shit. If you want visability get a paint job, if you want prestige hustle money
>>
What's with new vehicles plummeting in value? Are they built so poorly that they wear out and aren't worth fixing after a few years of driving?

My first vehicle was a 1972 C20 I bought for $2,000 put $1,000 into and sold for $4,000. My second vehicle is a 1969 CST that's actually raised in value the past few years with minimal maintenance and brakes over the 40k I've put on her.
>>
>>13975127
Cost of ownership increases greatly after you are out of warranty. Also, someone else farted in that seat.
>>
Maseratis depreciated quickly because they were a favored car of the men in Wallstreet. When the recent dip happened many of them panic sold their cars and the market is flooded with them now. Supply and demand. The other information is valid as well.
>>
>>13975043
Found a 2012 Ferrari FF in california with only 30k miles on it going for $158,000.
For reference it cost over $300k new.
>>
>>13975127
nothing new anon, cars usually lose 50% of their value within 5 years.

unless the car is a highly sought after and low production like the 918.

>sold for 875k
>~1.3ish million now
>>
>>13975127
You bought it during stagflation and your $4k was actually worth $1200
>>
>>13975168
Jeez, the previous owner must have DD'd that Ferrari 30k in three years is a lot for a car like that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.