[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Choice Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: which truck fam.png (1 MB, 1952x548) Image search: [Google]
which truck fam.png
1 MB, 1952x548
It's that time again. Post any of the car choices that you are currently trying to make, whether it be one or a few, and get opinions / ask questions / etc.

Pic related is what I'm currently deciding on. For the time being, anyways. I've been going back and forth on what kind of vehicle I want. I nearly thought about getting a hatchback, but as you can see by the fucking ridiculous prices of these older trucks alone, CT doesn't sell anything cheap. Even used cars. So, I thought maybe since winter is coming and I could actually make use of a truck, I might save some of my money and go for 'cheaper' vehicles as an in-between sort of thing. Then maybe in the Summer I'll trade it in and get something else. So, which one would be the wiser choice? Granted, I'd prefer to spend as little as possible, which is why the Tacoma seems nice. But I do like the style of the S10 more, and those General Grabber tires alone are enticing. Or should I forego both and go for a $10k+ vehicle like I was thinking about?
>>
As someone who owns an s10, don't spend 8k on an s10. There's so much more out there you can get for 8k.
>>
>>13974247
That's a clean low milage Zr2, about as expensive as an s10 can get, but its still a few grand high 'cause dealer.
>>
I've always wondered, how long do tacoma's last? I'm lookin at an '04 at 203k miles but I'm a college student that cannot take any hard financial hits from taking care of that truck.
>>
File: 1436487840190.png (656 KB, 1300x864) Image search: [Google]
1436487840190.png
656 KB, 1300x864
s10 OP

i own one, great reliable trucks
>>
>>13974315
I still wouldn't buy it.

Not that it's a bad truck, but at one point sooner or later you will realize you spent $8,000 on something that's not even in production anymore.

They're not that special. Like I said, there are plenty more cars you can buy that are better for 8 grand.
>>
If I get a 2.3L i4, manual, RWD, single cab Ranger, will my suicidal tendencies worsen?
>>
>>13975820
no, they run forever. solid trucks. we have a truck at work, been in 3 accidents 250,000+ miles, auto trans. just blew a head gasket. mechanic is gonna fix it for the next 250,000. i'm also the guy with the turbo one in the other thread
>>
>>13975846
Well that's pleasant to hear. I found a pretty blue one near me with low miles and a decent price tag, I think I'm going to go take a look at it.

Any particular problem spots I should watch for? It's an '06 if that matters.
>>
>>13975888
nice trips. well, as rangers go I can't think or much. dorr handles are an issue, they break a lot (outside ones) the 2004 ones are a newer engine than the older lima block 4 bangers so I'm not sure what issues they have. it seems like a lot of the trucks seem to angle the tires in and wear the inside of the front tires after a while
>>
>>13975820
I own one. Can't get much slower takes over 15 seconds to hit 60. The only upside is you can go everywhere WOT. Also they are pretty horrid in the rain/snow, no LSD and seem like there is absolutely no weight over the rear tires.

Also judging by where your shopping for cars you live within 30 mins of me.
>>
>>13975907
Thanks. I'll look into specifics on the newer engine.
>>
>>13975940
not when you turbo them,but normal trucks are slow
>>
get neither

you can probably get a 7.3 ford for that much money
>>
>>13975940
Are you in Texas?
>>
>>13975969
Probably would be slow still what maybe 200hp?
>>13975981
No I live next to New Haven, OPs picture is cars from Naugatuck CT ??
>>
>>13976088
yeah it's not super fast, but it's got some pep. a build for 300 HP is pretty involved
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.