[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just did $1200 worth of damage to my car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: broken fj.jpg (72 KB, 719x536) Image search: [Google]
broken fj.jpg
72 KB, 719x536
Was drifting in snow and hit a curb... killed my rim and broke the lower ball joint and damaged the steering knuckle. Anyone else fuck up like this? Pic related but not my car.
>>
>>13971258
Ahh shitty man. I've always drifted around in snow but so far I haven't fucked up hard at all. Can you afford to fix it or is it just gonna have to sit for a while.
>>
>ball joint
>knuckle
>rimz

>>>>$1200
kek

Thanks for the reminder why I drive a 40 year old car.
>>
>>13971258
You should have added a cat to this story. Thanks for your honesty.
>>
>>13971549

I'm pretty good about not living check to check but this will basically whip out checking... so that blows. Plus I only paid 2400 for the car. Just needed something to get to school and stuff after I moved and I am now spending half of what I paid for it in repairs because no garage and snowing.
>>
>>13971557
What do you drive?
>>
>be driving peugeot hatchback in pouring rain
>go through roundabout that turned out to have some oil on it
>was going too quick
>dorifto
>before the rear came back, smacked left-rear wheel into gutter at around 30km/h
>all it did was knock the rear alignment out and rash the wheel a little bit

based torsion beam suspension
>>
Was driving my 68 GTO (suspension mods) on a deserted windy road that I knew well. Gravel - slide - pendulum - hit curb HARD. Bent frame. Felt like an idiot. (Always pre-run your hoon roads kids!).
>>
>>13971629
bmw 2002

>go to junk yard
>probably get an entire hub assembly for $20
>$25 set of balljoints
>cheap 14" wheels
>4 beers and 4 hours later
>>
>>13971655
Was car kill?
>>
>Snapped the knuckle.
Jesus.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.